• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A favor from my fellow decorators: (OT)

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My class after much coaxing turned out some dioramas for their Social studies projects. I left a comment box hoping somebody other than me leaves positive feedback and shows the class how their hard work is being viewed by people all over the world! (thank god my little nephew knows how to slap up a website)

Here's the address, please go take a peek and tell em where you are from if you leave them a quick feedback. These kids really need an esteem boost

Thanks luvs!

www.roseauriverschool.piczo.com

F

feath

I adore that moose! comment added, thanks for the link! loved them :D

L

Leanan Sidhe

Oh my gosh Vol....
Your kids are amazing! What a wonderful job... my little 6th grader is still glued looking at this (we made our own tools, have you ever grind down a bone?)
There are some AMAZING imaginations in your class room!
Thank you for putting that site up for us to visit...

C

Crystal Canyon

The display was absolutely awesome in every way. You can really tell that the children put their hearts and souls into the project.

You can also plainly see, that they were taught and do understand the living conditions of the Indians they depicted.

I want to compliment you on allowing these students to depict what they found the most fascinating parts of what they learned. A Lot of instructors would not have let them recreate some of the display items seen here. (such as the dead buffalo) Kudos to you!

Being Indian myself, I was doubly impressed!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow, thanks Voluptuous, had a great time visiting the site :)

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No thank YOU guys...my kids were so proud and so tickled that people from all over liked their efforts. I knew I could count on you to give these kids who sorely need an ego boost the praise they deserved :)

Funny how UO creeps into my real life from time to time...and always in a GOOD way!

F

feath

You can tell the kids, even though I didn't put it in my comment, that I felt I learned something about the cultures they were depicting. There were far too many excellent things I wanted to mention, but felt the comment would have taken up a lot of space ;)
I really did love the dioramas!

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way...the grade ones ate the igloo...LOL Next time we won't use sugar cubes i guess!

Ankanna

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You've got yourself some pretty talented students Voluptuous. They had some really great ideas!

B

Bamboo_Spyder

By the way...the grade ones ate the igloo...LOL Next time we won't use sugar cubes i guess!
LOL Yea I tried the suagr cubes once too well my kids did to build a pyramid, never did that again. I didn't have time for the pic that morning so ya never saw it whole again. Very creative lil group you got there!!

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, Voluptuous, did one of them steal the skinned deer carcass from Doom for theirs?? Looks like you are teaching them right. :D

-Skylark

C

Calla Lily

What a fun project for the kids to do! They did a really good job at capturing life in the Native American villages.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, Voluptuous, did one of them steal the skinned deer carcass from Doom for theirs?? Looks like you are teaching them right. :D

-Skylark
i was thinking the same thing! i was like "wait a minute... that's from UO... and that's from UO and omg that reminds me of (fill in the blank) from UO" - too funny!!!
and the sugar cube thing made me crack up :)
great job to all those incredibly talented and detail oriented kids!
~ NDM (aka Ali from Boston)

L

Leanan Sidhe

My older daughter plays on UO with me, my 6th grader showed her the web site... they thought the deer carcass and the farmers fields (looks like the new sugar canes) in UO.
And I never told them how I got to the web site!
Last year we had to do the "mission" outta sugar cubes display... (and yes there was a song to this!) Everyone helped of course, first eating those little white cubes... and now they all groan when they see them. =D

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well of course UO is prob coloring the way I'm teaching the kiddies...with a little luck maybe I can network the whole comp lab to UO and start my own little kiddie sweatshop! MAHAHA...extra credit? Those who annoy me will be given a crook and a white net and set on a boat with no regs or runes.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I have to ask what grade level do you teach? The amount of thought and detail that they put into their work is wonderful. I wish they were at my school as those are the type of projects I love to display in my library.

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grade six, but this is actually 5th grade material. They had a teacher last year that showed up for work maybe 2-3 days per month, and the poor buggers got very little done. I'm not going to go over major battles and stuff post-confederation...if they haven't even covered first european contact yet!
So I'm doing a quick Coles notes version of grade 5 til xmas, and then a condensed version of grade six after.

woody

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you certainly impress me . the amount of care you show your students is fantastic like getting us to post on website takeing time to make learning interesting and now adjusting you teaching to make sure that all is covered and you student are the winners. It is so uncommon to see this dedication because i know it is causing you extre work. I salute you.