• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] A Dillema About Skill Points

I

ianubisi

I have a character that I've been converting from a Treasure Hunter to a fairly typical ABC archer. Recently I won a Hunter's Headdress from Doom...so now I'm staring at the 108+ Archery points that I'm thinking I should push down to make room for the tight ABC template.

But it kills me to consider burning off the 8 extra points past GM that I worked hard to get. Is there a way to stone off just the extra points so that I can hold on to them in case I decide that I want to replace the arti? Or should I just say to hell with it and burn the points down once I finally run out of room.

Thoughts?

M

Murderotica

I have a character that I've been converting from a Treasure Hunter to a fairly typical ABC archer. Recently I won a Hunter's Headdress from Doom...so now I'm staring at the 108+ Archery points that I'm thinking I should push down to make room for the tight ABC template.

But it kills me to consider burning off the 8 extra points past GM that I worked hard to get. Is there a way to stone off just the extra points so that I can hold on to them in case I decide that I want to replace the arti? Or should I just say to hell with it and burn the points down once I finally run out of room.

Thoughts?

i know this will sound reeeealy newbish but what is an ABC archer ive been seeing that alot usually im just like oh yeah? thats awsome man! come spar with me! just simply agreeing to something i dont know about. i hate that! hahaha

T

Turdnugget

Archer Bushido Chivalry...best way to get optimal damge output from an archer.

But it kills me to consider burning off the 8 extra points past GM that I worked hard to get
You can't take off just 8 points... You can buy your skill back down to 100 though, and use Hunter's. Or...get M&S glasses instead and take archery all the way up to 120, or get +archery jewels as well.

I wouldn't say training archery is 'hard' ... just time consuming and uses lots of arrows. If you don't play on changing template/gear anytime soon, then dropping 8 points isn't that big of an issue.

But you need to decide what kinda bows you're going to use, and if you'd rather have better resists + 30 extra HLD on the glasses instead.

Your typical ABC archer doesnt really need much +skill items as the template you need/want is easily obtainable without those items.

C

Connor_Graham

You don't need to use the Hunter's in an ABC archer build. As a matter of fact, I'd strongly suggest not using any kind of +skill items unless it's something that merely enhances a skill that you've already got at the correct level. This is the template I use for my archer and this build is arguably one of the most powerful I've seen:

Archery 120
Tactics 120
Bushido 120
Anatomy 95
Healing 100
Resist 90
Chiv 75

I don't have any +skill items for this template, and really don't need any as I regularly cap out on damage. You'd be much better off going with real skill and getting the Mace & Shield glasses.

I

ianubisi

I play casually so progression past 105 or so gets murderously slow. That being said...you're right, it's not "hard"...just boring :)

Thanks, both, for the input. I think I'll stay with the points and just use the headdress for the extra, missing points until I flesh them out. Then I'll sell for a buck or two...gonna need the cash to pay for the Bushido scroll :)

V

von Beck

1) Blight gripped bow

2) Dryad Allured Artic Ogre Lord

... arrows ...

3) 120 Archery