• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] A couple of thoughts about T-Hunting...

• Thread starter Monty Burns
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
M

Monty Burns

Disclaimer: These are just some random thoughts I have had while digging holes all over Britannia, I accept they may not be good ideas.

Three things that may improve T-Hunting without changing it too much.

1) Improve the in game map so that we can rotate it to match the T-Map alignment.

2) Change T-maps to operate the same as a boat key, while the chest is active (spawned and in the game world) allow people to recall from it.

3) Spawn mobs a couple of spaces from the chest, I get annoyed when I have to sit around waiting for mobs to despawn because they are blocking the chest.

I accept there are workarounds for all these things but I prefer better systems to workarounds.

D

DirtglDigger

Disclaimer: These are just some random thoughts I have had while digging holes all over Britannia, I accept they may not be good ideas.

Three things that may improve T-Hunting without changing it too much.

1) Improve the in game map so that we can rotate it to match the T-Map alignment.

2) Change T-maps to operate the same as a boat key, while the chest is active (spawned and in the game world) allow people to recall from it.

3) Spawn mobs a couple of spaces from the chest, I get annoyed when I have to sit around waiting for mobs to despawn because they are blocking the chest.

I accept there are workarounds for all these things but I prefer better systems to workarounds.
points 2 and 3 are great ideas, point 1 is moot for me as I have no problem finding maps due to mining. also for point 3 if you press shift+ctrl that will do the all names thingy and you can just open the chest that way.

Good idea though.

Dirt Digger

Zapphod

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
points 2 and 3 are great ideas, point 1 is moot for me as I have no problem finding maps due to mining. also for point 3 if you press shift+ctrl that will do the all names thingy and you can just open the chest that way.

Good idea though.

Dirt Digger
I have GM mining and still have trouble finding the odd chest, I just don't see any point or positives to having the T-Map on a different orientation to the game map and I know it cause a lot of problems for people trying to learn the skill.

As far as the ctrl+shift thing goes I realise that is an option but try using it when your chest is next to a house.

L

Lady Minkx

you know what else would be nice for the treasure hunters is a book you can put maps in like they have for bod books it would help with the lock down spaces in peoples houses and banks.... Just a thaugh rolleyes:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you know what else would be nice for the treasure hunters is a book you can put maps in like they have for bod books it would help with the lock down spaces in peoples houses and banks.... Just a thaugh rolleyes:

Absolutely agree.

It is possible for Bulk Order Deeds and then I do not see why also Treasure Maps could not have their Book....

It would be great if they made it a craftable new item (the book) requiring Inscription and perhaps Alchemy, needing a new recipe that would be obtained as random loot (rare) in treasure chests, both land and sea.

Each book could hold 500 Treasure Maps and only count for 1 item and would have filters like BOD books to sort all Maps as one wanted........

D

DirtglDigger

Excellent idea, Noting worse than trawling through a container full of maps! and as you said the lockdowns!!

All the ideas posted in here are great, I wasn't trying to discredit with my comments re finding the maps, i was just saying I don't really have a problem with it.