• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) A Cordial Invite To Charybdis Crushing: Friday 1st February 8pm UK Time

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello; I'm a cheeky lobster called Charybdis. You don't see me very often, because I'm ridiculously hard to get the bait and items for. However, poor old Nemo Herringwary has been forced at cutlass point out to sea every day to try and get some for you, and he finally has them both again, as well as a serious case of scurvy and a manatee he insists is his wife.

And now I plan to eat him, and as many of you as possible. What will you need to be eaten? Nemo plans to sail on a High Seas boat to make room for you all, but you can come on a classic, as long as you navigate to the area he'll be announcing near the event. He won't know where I am until then though, he he he. I'll be at Sea somewhere, that's all I'll say! You will need to be able to sail your ship to keep up with the fight, as I bash boats about with abandon. I also summon tonnes of tentacles and generally make a piscine pain out of myself; make sure your classic boat is unlocked in case someone has to come and rezz you.

Are the rewards worth it? Not likely! Although I do have some of the Virtuous Regeneration armor, I don't have much of it. Also be aware I may not even turn up. 3 in 4 times, I like to eat people's bait, and then blow bubbles at them from under the water... and you only get 5 shots of bait! Ahahah. Nemo promises to bring a few white nets to try and provide an alternative Osireadon if I fail to appear, but that may not happen either... The sea is a harsh mistress I'm afraid!

But still come for the experience... and stay as a lobster entrée!

Last edited:

Shelra

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
............ as well as a serious case of scurvy and a manatee he insists is his wife.
... stay as a lobster entrée!
Haha, you make me laugh Adol! Although I'm unable to participate in your events, I look forward to your postings! :D

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You won't be laughing when you find a lobster head in your bed! Hopefully, if we can kill him! Indeed, if we can pull him on just 1 or 2 baits, whilst there's a timer before he can be summoned again, I can try and arrange it for another time zone so more people can see him... unfortunately, I've had 3 sets donated in the past, and he's failed on 2 sets of 5 completely, and only once on the remaining 5 did he rise... so if anyone else wants to bring white nets, please do so whilst we've got people gathered together.

Jonathen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wish I could join you all for another of these, but I'm busy this Friday. Good luck!

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is tonight folks, hope to see you there! Bring cannon ammunition if you want to try, but I think we get moved around too much to fire it accurately. And any fishing nets etc you want to use to add to the chaos!

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't be there, but hope it all goes well and you get plenty of 'lobster' to share;)

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good news everybody! Frodo of Europa donated 10 more bait... So we have 10 more chances for horrible sea related suffering! Wait, that's not good news at all... or is it?! We shall see, but assuming with 15 charges we're bound to get him at least once, I'll host another soon. So what time is best for those who can't make it?

But remember, 8pm tonight for those who can!

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh dear, we not only did fight him, but we beat him chaps... I was asking from 7:45 to 8:10 in general chat if anyone wanted to come, and gating people to my boat after we left. Are you sure you're not using GMT or other times instead of actual UK time? At the time of posting this, it's 23:49 UK... and yes, he took an hour to beat, and then 30 minutes to get my ship repaired and mobile again, he he.

There's good news however! He only ate 3 bait before appearing, so I have 12 left to try again next week... I'm going to lend it to the people from the Auction House to try on their fishermen, as who ever casts gets a guaranteed armour piece. It doesn't look like anyone else got any, although all those with loot permission managed to get a magical pie and some exotic fish steaks.

So then... let the tale of the chastisement of the cheeky Charybdis begin!

Yaargh mateys, a little background first! This be the second sailing o'the mighty new Hospital Ship, the "Mare Medens"... and hopefully a better one than the first! The Sosaria Red Cross took her once to fight Corgul on his island, but he refused to come out to play! Argh, his chums were there, but he was not, and we wasted many a moment wondering what to do before giving up and sailin' away. Now we'd heard o'this beastie called Charybdis, and that he were most dangerous indeed! So thinkin' we be needin' the space and medical facilities again, out the big girl came once more. And with her, one of the SRC's longest mateys; ye may have noticed the Parrot "Sprout" on the rear o'the hull... this wee timorous beastie used to sit in our old Guild Hall, the owner o'which sadly left the lands a while ago. How did he survive?! Ye ask... Well a lady with magical powers called Mesanna came to Europa, an' kindly stripped the hall for us when it became apparent it were in danger o'collapse. She even redeeded Sprout for us, so he wouldn't die in the fall. He's been sat in me new Guild Hall since, but once I purchased a Britannian Ship, I had t'promise he could come an' see us at work once more, lest he not stop squawkin' an' disturb all me fish!

Loadin' up at Skara Brae, I peered into the Oracle O'The Seas... why Skare Brae ye ask? Because it be easy to find the docks on, and likely to place our prey in a nice bit o'open Ocean. I've tried locatin' him before in Britain Bay, but he hath always refused to rise there. Maybe it be just bad luck, but ye can't take a risk with the wrath o'the sea! Whilst advertisin' fer crew, we found two brand new players on the docks, and managed to press-gang one o'these innocents! Ioan Septim be his name! The other alas were too busy, and didn't have the ken o'the High Seas so resisted our wonderful offer!

We sailed at 10 minutes past ye 8 on the hour, with Sprout spreadin' his wings an' enjoyin the sense o'freedom, and a sea shanty song in our hearts as our crew prepared for battle. We located the potential spot to the South of Skara,the co-ordinates ye can see in the screenie below. I prepared to cast, and he ate the first bait without appearence. He ate the second too, and my own heart sank, fearin' bad luck once more. But twas not to be! On the third, suddenly our ship was surrounded by tentacles, and the real disaster was about to befall!

He killed our beetles! He quickly killed our crew! And before we could come to terms with his tentacles gropin', he himself started climbin' into our cannon, as if to mock our ability to shoot him!

At first I didn't think he could move me ship, it bein' so big... but he were just playin' with us..! After he proceeded to break me beautiful boat into pieces, he moved to the prow and started shoving us slowly back towards Skara Brae! What can I say, we died often, so much so at one point about 30 minutes into the fight I tried calling for more people to come fight him. Twas a constant struggle to keep his tentacles away, an' if he spawned on the right side o'the ship (left in the pictures) it were hard to line up properly to fight as melee...

But even Charybdis cannot stand up to the legendary patience of the players o'Europa! Nearly an hour after we first encountered him, he finally fell back into the briny depths, defeated! And I, yer brave fishermatey, was given an Evil reward, the Earrings of Evil Regeneration! Tis a pity I'm not a gargoyle though, for only they can wear the version I got... Charby has the last chuckle!

And a last shot o'him, before we limped back to the shores of Skara Brae for much needed repairs; ye can see the mighty generosity o'the beast in me pack, once I'd had a good rummage: a few fish steaks, a stone crab fillet, a Gargoyle skirt, and 29 o'the arrows we pumped into him ourselves! All for the cheap, cheap price of 3,000 odd wood, and 3000 odd cloth in repairs! Yaaargh!

Last edited:

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was great fun! And one point I thought we were all dead and no chance to res any of us, but we pushed through and got that slimy ******* in the end! Well done folks!

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, and announcing the fight even got The Black Cobra out to come to sea with us once more ... huzzah!!