• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Completely New Idea For Scoring

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just came up with a new scoring system. What do you guys think.

Scoring is now based around guarding/assaulting strongholds with sigils.

* Every 5 minutes a sigil scans the stronghold area
* Every player in the area gets 1 credit
* When you have 40 credits (2 hours), you get 1 point
* You can only gain credits when alive
* If the sigil is successfully corrupted you get 2 points (everyone racking up 2+ hours gets this)
* Players who successfully assault a defense (steal the sigil and reset the timer) will gain 1 point for every 2 hours it was being guarded
* Points decay at the same rate they currently do

There you go. Trammies can't hide in Trammel anymore. Thieves get points for standing around. No more gaining points by killing a million alts.

Of course, there needs to be a good reason added to corrupt sigils to control towns. This is something I just came up with 5 minutes ago. It is definitely not fine tuned.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Of course, there needs to be a good reason added to corrupt sigils to control towns. This is something I just came up with 5 minutes ago. It is definitely not fine tuned.
Wouldn't this innately give a reason to corrupt sigils? I mean, Assuming the majority of players play for the points. Obviously should be a better reason, and the town control is long over due an overhaul, or addition, or something.

L

Lord Strahd

Thieves get points for standing around.
This one thing jumps out at me from the original poster than I dont understand, maybe you can elaborate more.

Im not sure why we should get rewards for standing around, that just doesnt make sence to me.

C

Cloak&Dagger

This one thing jumps out at me from the original poster than I dont understand, maybe you can elaborate more.

Im not sure why we should get rewards for standing around, that just doesnt make sence to me.
It is sarcasm, JC has a serious issue with real thieves, If I am not mistaken, his comment was meant to mean thieves currently do nothing so they will be doing the same.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone will get points for guarding their base. A 1 day old newbie, a 10 year veteran. Someone who is a PVP god, someone who dies in 2 seconds within an enemy coming on screen. Mages, thieves, crafters, tamers, etc. It won't discriminate.

This system heavily promotes the idea of corrupting towns. It will also promote PVP because you need to be in 1 of 3 areas in order to gain points. It promotes your enemy to attack you. else they can't earn points. It prevents gaming the system with alt accounts in other factions.

K

killer instinct

I love this Idea!

Lets be done with the point farmers for good. It sickened me to see people rocking faction arties who never took part in factions. Plus this way, like the OP said you could always find a fight.

I'd also just like to add.....I like the huge bases! While I've seen other people complain about them, I like em'. They give smallers guilds more room to work with vs the zergs. It won't be just one huge grinder fights. The bases are large enough to be considered semi open field, hehe.