• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Char factions listing question.

Whitestar4016

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there an easy way to find out (for yourself only) what shard and chars you have that are members of a faction (even if in a guild or not.) I have chars on shards i havent used in years and lost track is there a quick easy way to find out rather than going thru shard after shard after shard after each char on each shard? Also what if you delete said char will the uo system still count as being a member? Just would like to know. (I'm sure others would too but are scared to ask) Thanks all

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you log the characters in while in Fel or take them to Fel, all you have to do is mouse over them to see whether they are in a faction. If the character is in a faction, you will see the abbreviation for the faction in brackets immediately after the character's name and before the character's guild tag, if any.

If the character is in Trammel and you don't want to take it to Fel, simply type "What is my faction term status" (without the quote marks) and press enter. If the character belongs to a faction, you will see a system message telling you either that the character is not in the process of quitting the faction or a system message indicating how much time is left until the character is out of the faction. You will still have to go to Fel or look up the character, however, to determine which faction it belongs to. If the character does not belong to a faction, you won't see any kind of system message after typing "what is my faction term status" and pressing the Enter key.

Also, be aware that a change was made about two years ago to permit you to put more than one character from the same account in the same faction on the same shard. You're not supposed to be able to put characters from the same account in different factions on the same shard; however, I've heard rumors that people have managed to make it happen somehow. The faction system is full of bugs, so that wouldn't really surprise me. Also turned off at the same time was the load balancing rule that made it difficult to join a faction if that faction had significantly more members than another faction on the shard. And the rule preventing beneficial acts for faction members was partially modified so that it now only applies in Fel. Your faction character can be healed and rezzed by nonfaction characters and can accept pets from nonfaction tamers while outside of Fel. (I don't know exactly how this rule was modified on Siege, though, so don't take it as gospel that you could take a faction character someplace like Ilshenar, Tokuno, Malas, or Ter Mur on Siege and not be subject to the no beneficial acts rule.)

Another thing you can do to determine faction membership is check the character using the Character Search feature on www.uo.com. (It's under the My UO button on the left side of the home page.) However, you'll have to log on the character and wait about a day or two for it to be included in the character database (or whatever it's actually called) if it has been more than 90 days since the character was last logged in. When you find your character on the uo.com site using Character Search, look in the upper left corner of the page with the picture of your character. If the character is in a faction, you'll see a symbol for the faction. Mouse over the symbol and you'll see the name of the faction.

Or, if the character belongs to a guild, the first screen you see when you check the guild list will indicate which faction the guild belongs to. (You'll also see faction information on uo.com if you look up the guild.) A guild leader can add all eligible guild members to a guild by joining a faction, thus eliminating the need for each member to go to Fel to join the faction. The same applies for leaving the faction.

To quit a faction, go to the stronghold and click on the faction stone in the sigil room and select the option to quit the faction. Your character must not be a guild member when leaving the faction, unless the character is the guild leader and intends to pull the entire guild out of factions by quitting the faction. It usually takes three days to finish the quit process. (It used to be seven days, but that rule was also changed about two years ago.)

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you can manage to login on MyUO at uo.com, you should be able to see all your faction characters.

Whitestar4016

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Tina, Thanks JC
I knew about the looking up on myuo but I didn't know about those other commands. This will be a big help in figuring things out.
Thanks again
Merry Met
Merry part
and will be merry met again