• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A change to goza mats that decorators would love

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Goza mats: both a joy and a bane to decorators everywhere. A joy because they are so useful, but a bane because of the graphical limitation of having a border. How lovely would it be for classic home owners to tile their floors in any color carpeting they want! And how (moderately) easy it would be to put this fix in, requiring no new artwork and only a couple of additions to the tailoring menu.

Here we have the standard craftable square goza mat. Note the ubiquitous border that is only unseen when you craft a goza mat out of black cloth:

Here you can see page 2 of the "Miscellaneous" category on the Tailoring menu:

Note the gozas that you can make. Bordered goza mats that are both square and rectangular, and brocade-bordered mats that are both square and rectangular.

Here is the the first page of the goza mat options on the house customize menu:

This is a picture of the three square tiles from that menu that you can also craft from the tailoring menu (note that there is a repetitious tile in the custoimze menu, instead of there being an east and a south brocade option there are two regular east options, whoops):

This is the second page of the goza mat options in the house customize menu:

These are the craftable goza mats from the tailoring menu/page 2 of the goza mat house customize menu:

And these two mats are in the customize menu (the second page, top left) but are NOT currently craftable.

The graphic exists, this would not require new artwork, but simply the addtion of two new items to the tailoring menu. They could be named "Smooth Square Goza (east)" and "Smooth Square Goza (south)", or something similar. Please look into the viability of doing something like this, it would be such a tremendous addition for decorators!

Elffin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
/Signed

Whilst my keep with it's totally black floor looks great with coloured fishing nets on it and other colourfull items, Having a otherwise coloured floor without the borders would look even better and would make for better customisation of none customisable houses.

Elf.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like it! But mabey just add a floor coloring option in the housing system.(within reason) no burning eye sores like aos cloth floors *yack*

eve

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, yes, yes.........

Jeremy, can you help with this please?

F

Fink

I'd also like a generic square mat with no discernible directional grain, very lightly textured, that could be used to carpet areas.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wonderful idea! And I do mean that in seriousness.

Which is why, pardon my sarcasm, it probably won't be on the radar anytime soon. Things that rely on existing systems simply seem extremely hard to develop.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sooo...has anyone had a chance to look at how feasible this might be? Maybe a lil ideer that could be put on the back burner for later when ya'll aren't so busy with the super sekret things going on right now? *looks hopeful* :p

T

Teeshy

Oh yeah, I'd love this! And Fink's idea too =D Would make so much more interesting floor designs!

E

Evilminion

Oooo! *makes with the voting thingie*

Having just finished a castle redeco involving lots and lots of goza mats, I have to say it would have looked even cooler if they hadn't been bordered. I'd love to have the option!

A

Amathist of PoC

I GOT SO EXCITED - I thought your thread was at first saying they had made those changes (silly me for skim reading) then I discovered this is a request....big downer.

BUT SIGNED cause I so want.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wonderful idea! And I do mean that in seriousness.

Which is why, pardon my sarcasm, it probably won't be on the radar anytime soon. Things that rely on existing systems simply seem extremely hard to develop.
It will be added on the same patch as the virtue system completion.

K

Katlene

/signed stamped & dated.

be nice if we had the option to expand on it more and have edges for a mat/rug finish or rounded pieces to make a circle to break up the blockyness that is a pre made house. *sigh* i love gozas

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was just wondering if I could get a response about this, if it's possible/easy/never going to happen/whatever. Thanks!

F

feath

/sign with John Hancock boldness

Before this recent quiet stretch by jeremy and dev's, they had actually been talking to us, listening to us, and incorporating things we had requested. I had thought that someone in higher management had heard about the customer service issues, and had banged their fist and fixed it - but now it looks like it was just an initial burst of activity, and 'RL' has struck the team. They no longer have time to do it, it seems.

During that brief activity, I was very hopeful. It showed me what this game could be. I felt customer service was being looked at, and ... oh.well. i degress.
sorry.

I think this is an easy request, all the art is there, "just" a bit of coding needed. It's something everyone can use, and doesn't impact the balance of the game at all.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
me too.

Only thing I'm not entirely comfortable with is the name 'smooth'. But other than 'borderless' I can't think of another name to call it

L

Locker

I agree that this should be an easy change as the graphic already exists as a part of the house customization tool. All they should need to do is add the proper "object id" and properties to the crafting menu. Good suggestion, lots of bang for a little "buck".

Peace,

Locker

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
me too.

Only thing I'm not entirely comfortable with is the name 'smooth'. But other than 'borderless' I can't think of another name to call it
Plain? Maybe plain, edged, and brocade. Dunno, names are not my forte. :p

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make goza mats stealable and you would make thieves happy...well at least the ones interested in stealing them...no need for them to be blessed...la

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was wondering why Rico was posting in this thread.

So you want to be able to steal goza mats......LOL

I should have known.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it's the only thing in a players pack...they may be willing to chase after me for it's return, so sure...I'd like the chance to steal them. Why do you seem to have a problem with that idea?...la

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ah, but Rico. They're not blessed when they're first made, only when they've been placed once do they become blessed, as with all other deeded furniture and add ons. :D

E

Evilminion

Oh, PLEASE add me to the list of people who would love-love-love tohave borderless goza mats. :love: :bowdown: :hug:

That would open up so many wonderful deco possibilities!

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just curious if this idea had been noticed.

It would take no new art - just some coding, and would be an amazing game change for us decorators! :)

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
*Agrees with Sarsmi* would be nice to have or hear a "maybe" or "not possible"

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like this idea!!! Please for all of us classic home owners..... Toss us a bone!

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was wondering why Rico was posting in this thread.

I should have known.
He doesn't want to steal any goza mats. He wants attention. Any method of turning any thread into something about stealing is his prize. He loves nothing more than to steal threads...

and the OP's idea is a good one