• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

a change that i thoght up

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so, over the last several years this has come up.

old players, people who are IN factions who quit game or just quit playing factions but leave all of their toons IN factions.

not a big issue?
i play on sonoma, and in one guild on that small shard alone i know that when we looked at our guild there where OVER 20 PEOPLE listed on our stone alone that had not logged on IN YEARS!!!!!!!!!

do what... who cares.... whats this got to do with anything.

well, it has to do with a faction getting filled up with inactive players.

this isnt a world ending thing, but its anoying.
you get a person who wants to join up and help ya cause some new guild joined another faction and they can field 20 guys.
but that person cant get into your faction cause its full.
full of inactive people whos accounts are still active.

my suggestion.
make it so if you dont log in for like 60 days, your auto punted out of factions.
why?

its a war.
if your not fighting in the war, your out.

simple.
eh?

G

A bad side effect is you also get kicked out of the guild you are in. Removing the faction balancer completely would make things better. There is no point in having it with Factions the way they are right now.

I

imported_Tina Small

I think the balancing rule serves a good purpose. But the faction rosters need to be cleared! I'd like to see characters that haven't logged in for 90 days be immediately dropped out of factions, even if it means an entire guild gets dropped out in the process because the guild leader got punted.

90 days seems like a reasonable length of time plus I think that's also when the character would no longer show up on the factions pages on uo.com, so you could maybe start using those pages to get some kind of approximate figures for who's in factions at a particular point in time.