• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A challenge - and a request

F

feath

i've been messing about with trying to make a chandelier -
i'd like to see if one of our outstanding house designers can make me one.
Every one i try to do simply looks like it's resting on the floor! Even when i make an illusion, i just can't seem to get away from that effect.

anyone up to the challenge?

K

kray2s

Im a newbie at this decoing - but insted of lifting itp on the floor you are on, is there a way where floor on the level above can be deleted to allow what is placed on the above floor to be seen by those on the lower floor?

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did that with the roof of my firetruck. I made a second floor, placed a square full of goza's lifted them up a few times, then deleted floor and built stairs up to them. Maybe that would work? along with some rope or something hanging from the floor higher giving it the illusion it's hanging versus floating out of nowhere unsuspended?

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I built my bookcase setup that way (deleting 2nd floor and lowering the shelves after) and it worked out very well. If you can get one to look good while sitting on the floor, just re-create it on floor two, delete floor tiles, and drop the chandelier!

F

feath

ill try that on my house - but what about one for a castle/keep/tower?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the problem is the top down perspective, you have to have some way to visually associate an item with height else it will always appear to be on the floor. IE if you put a lantern next to a wall and raise it up it appears to be on the wall, but if you just stick it in the middle of the floor and raise it, it just looks like its on another part of the floor.

To get away with this with a chandelier I would probably do some research on google and look for pictures of chandeliers that require chain supports or something that would attach a chain to the chandeleir and the wall or ceiling.

I'll look into this more later, right now I have to jet! But I'll be thinking about it. =)

F

feath

lowering from the floor above works very well! The problem with my set up, is what's behind it is so busy, it disappears ...

i gotta admit, now my favorite room is the games room :thumbsup:

K

kray2s

court looks great hun

suppose simular would work if somebody wanted a bowling alley too???

*modify's design and steels ideas* lol

F

feath

if i'd had a little more room, i would have put in a bowling alley, too.