• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A CALL FOR A BRAND NEW BIGGEST BIG FISH THREAD

• Thread starter A Stoned Mariner
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

A Stoned Mariner

I will preface by stating I am very lazy. This is purely a proposal. Someone who is less lazy could run with the ball here and spark this up.

Proposal...new Big Fish thread.

Details...

-A stickied thread

-UO-wide records ONLY (no shard specific ones). (I have fished for years. It might be cool to say "I have the biggest big fish on Atlantic"...but if other shards have produced bigger ones...that single shard record meant nothing to me.)

- A main post that is updated/maintained with the type of big fish (now that there is like 20 varieties or more).

- Sub posts in the thread with visual evidence (sceenshot) for the recognized biggest big fish of each species.

- Delete any and all other posts that people might throw in that do not qualify as true champions. Delete old champion pictures/subposts if a new champion fish is caught and documented in the post.

Basically a clean, concise, organized big fish thread.

Anybody agree? Expanded ideas, constructive criticism, etc, etc.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually we could do the classic way and dont count all of the new fishes in. The classic big fishes still can be fished up and even, if i havent got any benefits from using baits yet, it sounds more like cheating to me, if someone would get a record with using a bait. *g*
For the records: I used 20 charges for a stone crab on lobster traps at gm fishing without succes. (Meaning no stone crab was cought.)

A

A Stoned Mariner

I mean personally I would think there needs to be a record holder for each type of weighted fish now. Including the classics which already have record holders.

As for the bait. Just because they aren't 100% fool-proof doesnt mean its cheating. Anyone who uses them has the same chances statistically (when you factor in fishing skill prob as well). So cheating...nahhh.