• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

a bit peckish?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so what is with these bane dragons and them getting peckish so darn fast?

i must admit im a little behind the times with them.
i did go out and tame a couple nice ones when they came out, but i didnt bond them till today.

and im out with my good one right now and im getting that message "your bane dragon seems a little peckish today and is not at its full power"

now the loyalty is Wonderfully Happy, so im kinda curious as to what all this means.

are we reauired to feed these suckers fuel all the time as we use them?

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Havn't totally tested mine but

Once it come out of stables and i feed it to get back up to full strength i have yet ran it down to peckish again while fighitng. That is only for a few hours mostly but that is a long time for me to be fighting with a pet.

If oyu wanted to get a good idea how long it would last i would say take it to tokuno, eat on a shadow ele and see how long before it finally gets back to peckish?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
was my first time taking it out.

with 120 in all taming skills natural, i was suprised when after i fed it to bond it that within 10 minutes it was peckish.

J

[JD]

Poo,

Nobody has yet tested and CONFIRMED what "peckish" means

I saw posts where people THOUGHT (ie, opinion) it might affect the power of the poison in its breath...

However a few days later I saw someone claim it did not affect the level of poison. I'm not sure how he determined that, perhaps by the "sickness" message the monster displayed.

Since the creature displays its regular stats, skills, and resists, I don't know how anyone would ever test what "Peckish" really means.

And it's ridicilous we have to feed it every single day to use it... considering the food is so hard to get. Not sure if Tasty Treats work to get rid of Peckish - I've just been ignoring it and it hasn't seemingly affected one thing.

I did a test of my untrained bane, vs a friend's trained dread warhorse. We had them fight. It was neck and neck for about a minute, then the bane pulled ahead and killed it and had about 2/5 life left.

My opinion is that they are probably stronger, yet the presence of a slayer to kill them makes them weaker from a survival perspective

Let me know if you ever find out what Peckish means. I know you like to fiddle with things..

O

Old Man of UO

I have a newly bonded bane dragon. I got the "peckish" message on the very first one-bit kill of a mongbat. Now, that's fast!

But as JD says, we don't quite know what that means.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
it means the level of poison is not at full strength I believe at least with mine thats how it appears how to CONFIRM it for sure I have no clue

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10 minutes?

Yes that is rediculously fast, Mine definatly lasted longer than that before going peckish.

And going peckish DEFINATLY lowers the poison that casts. At ful strenght it casts with LETHAL and at peckish it is Dealy or greater.

That appears to be the only thing thats goes peckish, damage stays the same.

:gee:

O

Old Man of UO

Re: 10 minutes?

Yes that is rediculously fast, Mine definatly lasted longer than that before going peckish.

And going peckish DEFINATLY lowers the poison that casts. At ful strenght it casts with LETHAL and at peckish it is Dealy or greater.

That appears to be the only thing thats goes peckish, damage stays the same.

:gee:
Blackrock stew versus Tasty Treats - the TT are readily available if you have a T-Hunter, so I am happy with just Greater Poison damage.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Nobody has yet tested and CONFIRMED what "peckish" means

I saw posts where people THOUGHT (ie, opinion) it might affect the power of the poison in its breath...
I can pretty much confirm that it does affect the level of poison in the breath attack, and how often you get a poisoned result from the breath attack. I don't know for sure if there are any other effects. I don't think there are though. The bane dragon still has a higher dps than the dread warhorse, even without the breath attack.

J

[JD]

its much higher dps..even untrained
the slayer pretty much puts the nail in the bane coffin for pvp tho, so dread warhorses still reign supreme.