• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Bit Of Earth

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A bit of earth.

It is a simple thing, a small thing. And yet it is the soil that connects us all to the past and leads us ever on into tomorrow.

The trip I made into the old lands was not something I needed to do. Most of my life now had been spent in Trammel with little thought given to the lands I left behind. But to truly understand where we are going, we must remember and acknowledge where we have been. And so, I made this one last trip to see these spots I recalled from a time when peace was to be found in a simple plot of earth.

The old Druids Grove, to my delight still stood. Though her trees had withered and died, and tall grass had overtaken the benches, the peace of that place still remained. An oasis in a land all too often scarred by battle, a quiet place to reflect and dream of better times.

I set for many hours on one of the stones of the Druids Circle looking out past the gate to the area just beyond and a thought came to me. Why let the past languish here when some taste, some small bit of it could be captured, and preserved?

Plans were made, permissions gathered, and before long, work was begun on a Grove in Yew Trammel, not far from the Abbey, and the peaceful resting place of Queen Dawn. In no time at all, a lovely tribute to that Grove in the old lands stood. But unlike her predecessor, this Groves Gates stood wide open, inviting and welcoming all to stop a while and listen to the peace offered here.

A bit of earth.

A fertile spot where peace can grow, where plans and dreams can take root and flourish. And for those like me who recall those old spots like The Grove of the Second Order, and Kent’s Last Pint, it is a spot to remember the old times and friends.