• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A bit of a conundrum...

G

So, I recently returned to the game after something of a long absence and managed to place an 18x18 in Malas.

About a week later, once I was able to place again, I found a spot that, at the time, I liked better and plopped down another 18x8, condemning my original house in the process. However, being the indecisive [censored] that I am, I've now decided that I'd like to return to that original house.

My question is, how would I go about this, exactly? Preferably without having to create a dummy account to trade the house to. If I simply demolish both plots, will I be able to place again immediately, or will the timer get in the way?

Thanks.

G

Have to either open a second account or wait out the timer period.

G

It has been my experience that if you place a house while you still have a house then you get stuck on the timer, even if you end up dropping them both. So yeah. Move all your junk to the new house and drop the old one when it is near idoc. If you are on a busy shard then you'll have to do trial account junk, but in most cases the spot will stay empty for the few days you need to be able to place again.

G

All right, so I went ahead and opened up a second account. I've got both accounts logged in at the same time using Windows XP fast user switching, however, when attempting to trade the condemned house to the dummy account, I keep getting the message "You cannot transfer this house to that person."

...Any ideas?

G

If your new peep is still young you cannot trade. Say "I renounce my young player status" and try again. I just had the same problem a week ago or so.

G

and if that don't help, you are prob going to have to place your new account char by the old house, log on old account to drop it, and re-log in on new account to place house quickly.

gee, always heart-thumping-fun...good luck!

G

Thanks, all.

Zodiac19's suggestion worked like a charm. I can't believe I didn't think of it before.

Oh well. Live and learn!

M

majorwoo

<blockquote><hr>

and if that don't help, you are prob going to have to place your new account char by the old house, log on old account to drop it, and re-log in on new account to place house quickly.

gee, always heart-thumping-fun...good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's far more fun when you have to drop multiple small plots on various account to pull it off
Then you have 3 friends all in vent coordinating the action