• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

9th Anniversary to Time of legends Account Upgrade Question

DrDolittle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a quick question about account upgrades.

I have not been playing hardly at all for several years even though I kept my accounts paid up (at least when EA did not mess up the CC billing). The last upgrade I had applied to my accounts was the 9th Anniversary. I have been poking around a bit the last few weeks and upgraded one account to Stygian Abyss to experiment with the gargoyles. If I upgrade an account that is at 9th Anniversary directly to the new Time of Legends does that get me the intervening SA content as well?

Thanks in advance...

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Unfortunately you would have to buy both Stygian Abyss and Time of Legends to get all the content. There is also a booster pack to Stygian Abyss called "High Seas" that allows you to use different kinds of ships, and go pirate hunting that would need to be bought separately as well.

We keep hoping the developers will put together a package deal so people don't have to buy so much at once but they haven't announced any plans to do that.

DrDolittle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suspected that was the case but could not find anything in black and white. I wanted to be sure before I started upgrading my accounts. Thank you for confirming this.

Fair wind and a following sea to you Captain!

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Keep in mind that the devs recently announced that they're going to upgrade all accounts to Stygian Abyss for free.

No date announced yet however, so it might happen tomorrow or in one year...

DrDolittle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for that information Sir Bolo. I will hold off buying SA for my other accounts a bit to see if the devs come through on that free upgrade. Even if not, $20 for the upgrade seems reasonable.

After having been mostly "away" for an extended period the content that has been added is simply amazing. I will admit that I have not played many other MMORPGs but it is hard to see how any other game could match the incredible depth of the UO world. Sadly, in this ADD age of instant smart phone app gratification, some might not consider that depth a positive attribute. :-(

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Thanks for that information Sir Bolo. I will hold off buying SA for my other accounts a bit to see if the devs come through on that free upgrade. Even if not, $20 for the upgrade seems reasonable.

After having been mostly "away" for an extended period the content that has been added is simply amazing. I will admit that I have not played many other MMORPGs but it is hard to see how any other game could match the incredible depth of the UO world. Sadly, in this ADD age of instant smart phone app gratification, some might not consider that depth a positive attribute. :-(
Get Stygian Abyss. It's worth the $20 dollars.

And if you have an active guild, I'm sure you'll run content down there at some point.