• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

9 years down the drain....

Alexei

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have any of you ever just logged in and then found out you didn't refresh your house and you just lost 9 years worth of items?

The bad thing is I had to work and just got off and logged on and found it out the hard way.... My house was the Orc Fort House that just fell.....

I was going to ask to see if i could get any of my items back but whats the point you know? It's not like I'll get any of the items back... Needless to say I'm probably going to end my uo career pretty soon.

Whoever placed it if you want the other one just pm me and I'll probably end up giving it to you...it's empty...

It was fun playing with you all!

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's terrible news Alexei :(

I can't imagine how I'd feel but if you change your mind and stay....I'm sure we can rustle up some stuff for you....We all have way too much of it and would gladly share...

Andra
GRL

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Mr Clean's account was hacked in 2002, and mine was hacked in 2003.

Both of us lost everything, even the stuff in our banks, our packs, etc. I am just really thankful that they did not delete my characters. You can always replace your stuff...and just remember, its only stuff! I could not see that at the time I quit, and Mr Clean tried to get me to stay in the game, but I was just too upset and too depressed.

It took a while, about 2 years I would say, before I started to miss UO, and around the time that Samurai Empire launched, Mr Clean talked me into coming back.

I realized as soon as I logged in and saw Sosaria, that I had missed it more than I thought. It really didn't take that long to get things going again. Within about 3 months, I had an 18x18 in Malas, and tons of stuff.

Just ask yourself...was there anything in the house that you cannot live without?

As Andrasta said, we will all do anything we can to help you...because everytime a player quits, another virtual soul is damned to the Abyss. :D

W

Wolfthistle

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune. If there's anything I can do to help you please let me know - most of my stuff just sits around collecting dust anyway and if somebody can get some use from it, all the better.

So, if you decide to stick around, please PM me and I'll get you my ICQ number and I'll try to help out.

Sincerely,

Wolfthistle.

Alexei

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks everyone.

I would take everyone up on their offers but my personal opinion is that nobody should pay for someone elses stupidity. What I did was stupid and I am the person that should be effected by it.

I might stay I don't know...we'll see. Right now I'm just still in shock....

W

Wolfthistle

Hi Alexei,

Ultimately the decision is yours, however, the simple fact is - we all make mistakes. If you are adamant about not having others "pay" for it - fine... we can make it a loan - probably more of an item loan than money though, although I am good for a few million too if it comes down to it.

Honestly, if you were a jerk I wouldn't make the offer - but I've seen your stratics posts and I see that you are a community minded individual... It would be a shame to lose you.

My offer stands. The House of Wolfthistle would still like to help you if you decide to stay - and if you absolutely feel like you must pay it back, we can deal with that if and when that situation comes about.

Sincerely,

Wolfthistle.

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks everyone.

I would take everyone up on their offers but my personal opinion is that nobody should pay for someone elses stupidity. What I did was stupid and I am the person that should be effected by it.

Best thing to do right now would be take a few days away from the game completely, don't even think about the game for awhile. Then once your over the shock of the mistake, decide what you want to do then when your in a more rational frame of mind.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

That is good advice.

For the first few days after my account was hacked, I was miserable. But it does wear off after a while, and you will start to miss it.

Take some time off...if you have another house, make sure you log on and refresh it...or give it to someone you trust. If the house is "of modern design" and it is now your only house, you shouldn't have to refresh it, just pay your bill.

Think of it as a vacation from Sosaria...not a permanent departure.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
have to totally agree with the others here.

We are here for you. I have so much stuff i been collectiong , just in case i may need it one day.
So if you need anything, give me a shout!!

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Items are items. The orc fort was a remnant of an awesome memory. memories never die. and if they fade they can be rebuilt. we have many orc items and lore stored throughout the realm. as long as you dont leave, and keep the spirit alive. were ok.
`Cear,

5% Luck

Most of the stuff i wear and use Ive harvested bought or traded for in the last few weeks. Very rarly do I not find an upgrade with in 3 months to any of my items.

Good Luck to ya. Send me a PM if ya have any jewlery needs I should be able to replace just about anything(artis aside) post haste!

H

HeathBar

Thanks everyone.

I have decided that you are not allowed to leave. I'm sorry but my decision is final. :D

Besides... I can't even ask if I can have your stuff now.

FireKitten

West Vesper Arena - Pit Mistress
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I second it!!!!!!! You can't disagree with us both!!!!!:coco: