• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

9 terrifying things Donald Trump has publicly said about nuclear weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes Congress passes the laws, but the President has to execute them. Overriding a Presidential Veto isn't exactly easy to do and even with a GOP controlled Senate and House they don't have a Super Majority which could do so.

Actually the Executive Branch as a huge amount of power, the President is the only one that can nominate Justices to the Supreme Court, Foreign Diplomats, negotiate Pacts and Treaties, the President can direct the Military for 90 days with Congressional Approval etc. Then there are the extra-constitutional powers, and in a state of emergency he can go outside the limitations of Constitution if it is deemed necessary, something a number of Presidents have done during war time.
So the president went outside his lamentation during WW2 because that was the last WAR we were in. We are in a military action just like Korea and Nam and CONGRESS controlled those with their purse strings. Quit trying to use what is supposedly written and look at the real world and who approves all appointments, CONGRESS.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Treasury Sect.
Thomas Barrack Jr. Founder, chairman and executive chairman of Colony Capital; private equity and real estate investor
Steven Mnuchin Former Goldman Sachs executive and Mr. Trump’s campaign finance chairman

Interior Sect.
Robert E. Grady Gryphon Investors partner
Harold G. Hamm Chief executive of Continental Resources, an oil and gas company
Forrest Lucas President of Lucas Oil Products, which manufactures automotive lubricants, additives and greases

Commerce Sect.
Dan DiMicco Former chief executive of Nucor Corporation, a steel production company
Lewis M. Eisenberg Private equity chief for Granite Capital International Group

Energy Sect.
James L. Connaughton Chief executive of Nautilus Data Technologies and former environmental adviser to President George W. Bush
Robert E. Grady Gryphon Investors partner
Harold G. Hamm Chief executive of Continental Resources, an oil and gas company

Other names for various positions are Washington Insiders or other Political Veterans.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/politics/donald-trump-administration.html Here's a full list.

I do not see any of these people as part of the corrupted establishment.
If you could point one out that would be helpful

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Couple more farsighted, foreshadowing words of Wisdom from the future President. This is Trump tweeting in a situation where he, mistakenly, thinks Romney won the popular vote. He is demanding his country not to accept the results. Looks like these were made the morning after. I guess he stopped inciting revolt only after it became apparent Romney didn't won the popular vote either. I wonder how long he would have kept at this if Romney -had- won the popular vote like Clinton did this year. If protests currently happening in US escalate a bit more, it might get close to the revolution he was trying to incite in 2012.

Imagine what this guy will do if he loses elections as the POTUS. Or if he faces impeachment. Not accepting results of an election as a tv celebrity means nothing more than angry tweets. . Not accepting the results as the president can mean something very different.

Last edited:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How old are you? People can still talk about election results and outcomes you know.
Have you read the title of this thread senór holier than I? This is a conversation legitimizing the pseudo liberal mentality that Donald Trump is going to nuke the world. What would actually make it more interesting is turning it into him being Hitler incarnate or the long lost DNA relative of Mao Zedong, since well he actually killed double the amount Hitler and Stalin did. Let's go full Monty here! I mean in reality we are adults posting political views in a dying, ancient video game forum! Head meet wall!

..and I just turned 33 on the November 8th and it doesn't feel good! It's actually quite saddening. I feel as if my knees dislike getting older. Ya know, I actually kind of wish Hillary won now, that would of been a wayyyy better birthday gift! I wish I could take my vote back, I'm having buyers remorse. I very much dislike working and ya kno...contributing to society. Why can't I just get a free ride. Let's make America Free Again, but like free as in like after slavery and such, cause that **** was rude and actually deplorable...or I mean maybe not, I did vote for Trump. I am racist ya kno!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you read the title of this thread senór holier than I? This is a conversation legitimizing the pseudo liberal mentality that Donald Trump is going to nuke the world. What would actually make it more interesting is turning it into him being Hitler incarnate or the long lost DNA relative of Mao Zedong, since well he actually killed double the amount Hitler and Stalin did. Let's go full Monty here! I mean in reality we are adults posting political views in a dying, ancient video game forum! Head meet wall!

..and I just turned 33 on the November 8th and it doesn't feel good! It's actually quite saddening. I feel as if my knees dislike getting older. Ya know, I actually kind of wish Hillary won now, that would of been a wayyyy better birthday gift! I wish I could take my vote back, I'm having buyers remorse. I very much dislike working and ya kno...contributing to society. Why can't I just get a free ride. Let's make America Free Again, but like free as in like after slavery and such, cause that **** was rude and actually deplorable...or I mean maybe not, I did vote for Trump. I am racist ya kno!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I rest my case.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I rest my case.
It really blows how things go way beyond " title of this thread". I mean, It's not like anyone here is creating buzz around some demented Alex Jones rant or something. I really wish stuff in OP was just some sewage dug from wasteland- tiers of Internet. Nope. Sadly everything disturbing present consists of direct quotes from Donald Trump.

Last edited:

Razdunk

Adventurer
It really blows how tings go way beyond " title of this thread". I mean, It's not like anyone here is creating buzz around some demented Alex Jones rant or something. I really wish stuff in OP was just some sewage dug from wasteland- tiers of Internet. Nope. Sadly everything disturbing present consists of direct quotes from Donald Trump.
Free the dunk !

Status
Not open for further replies.