• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

9 terrifying things Donald Trump has publicly said about nuclear weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can imagine this man being a president in some Saturday morning cartoon that needs an entertaining villain.

An apparent sociopath who expresses his desire to be " unpredictable" about nukes sounds utterly terrifying. At least if said person is serious contender to POTUS. Which, btw, should not be an entry level job to politics.
[bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]Trump presidency rated among top 10 global risks: EIU - BBC News[/bcolor]

Besides over half of the Americans, list of people terrified about notion of Trump becoming President includes more or less rest of the entire world. With exception to Putin's Russia.
Why Russia Is Rejoicing Over Trump

The Russian president for life time would be overjoyed by Trump's presidency. Can you imagine how completely and utterly a sly, experienced statesman like Putin would play Trump?
After all,Trump is known to completely freeze up when faced something like having to do actual politics with an actual politician. - and who could blame him? He has absolutely no former job experience. This is a man who has never held a notable political office or power in his life. Result? Train wrecks such as this when he suddenly needs to face an actual politician:
Weak Trump Steamrolled By Mexican President In Bizarre Press Conference
There would be some measure of karma in it; it'd be a situation where Trump basically turns into easy-to-play-with doll for Putin to grope. Which would have him in receiving end of his own values. Trump is great at one thing; marketing himself.Concept, notion of doing politics appears utterly alien to him. And how could it not be? He has never held a position in this field before.

How tired of democracy are you? How could anyone not completely tired of it ever vote for a candidate who doesn't necessarily accept the results of Presidential elections?
As it stands, Trump has absolutely no political power of any kind. When he, hopefully, loses in few days it shouldn't really matter at all whether or not he accepts the results. Depending how he plays those under his spell, there might be some measure of unrest among tinfoil tier of his voters...but train would keep rolling. But imagine the terrible scenario where he wins in 2016. Imagine elections of 2020. Imagine sitting President of USA who figures he won't accept the results of an election. It'd be death of democracy in USA.

Something bit more light hearted:
Trump boasts about his philanthropy. But his giving falls short of his words.

- - -
I guess the whole debate ultimately boils down to this:
Joe needs a brain surgery. His options are
A) an experienced brain surgeon who has devoted her entire life to said career. She has been part of a number of difficult operations, several of her patients have died. Often accused of being corrupt or crooked.
B) Stand up comedian who likes to make jokes about the hospital where doctor presented in option A works at. He is fighting couple of sexual harassment charges, has life long history of caring only of himself and is very popular and successful comedian despite/because of it. "HECK, EVEN I WOULD BE A BETTER BRAIN SURGEON!!" is a popular part of his comedy routine.

Which person should perform Joe's surgery?

This is the choice USA has to make. What in this is such a tough call. Don't get me wrong, neither of the options is optimal. But only one of them spells disaster.

Last edited:

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've attached a nifty little site where you can find instructions to DIY Bomb Shelter. Should make an excellent Sunday project.

How to Build A Bomb Shelter: The Survivalist Guide to Protection Against Bomb Fallout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Isn't it crazy how quickly world can change? Just something like 18 months back this would have been funny.

You can turn off that automated "Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk"thing from settings btw. In case it bothers you. ;p
Prolly varies from model to model, but Settings->contacts and calendars->Signature might get you there.

Last edited:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't it crazy how quickly world can change? Just something like 18 months back this would have been funny.
I don't know oddly enough less than 18 minutes ago I found it amusing..

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mean Donald says mean things tho..just a small snippet I grabbed. I don't have a couple weeks to verify. Hillary is a walking talking scandal

Just copied a few

Cattle future trades

Chinagate

Bosnia sniper fire

Abusing IRS powers

Looting White House

Filegate

Huma and the Muslim Brotherhood

Vince Foster Murder

Email scandal

Travelgate

Whitewater

Missing Law Firm papers

Pardongate

Clinton Body Count

Saul Alinsky

Laughing about child rapist

Iran Fundraising

Clinton Foundation (countless things here)

Benghazi

Anti-gay country donations

Danny Williams, bi-racial son of Billy Boy

Telling Secret Service to F off

Racist Comments

Mimicking black people

Sex, Drugs and Murder

Armenian Genocide comment

Arkansas Railroad money

Muslims aren't terrorists comment

Emulating Merkel

List of ****s/sexual assaults

Hired Secret Police to go after victims

Second Amendment

Hillary KKK

Benghazi and emails

Hillary's own pay gap

Immigrant Flip Flop

Hillary on coal

Dead broke after White House

Sir Edmund Hillary Lie

Black are superpredators

Goldman Sachs transcripts would be bad for her

Supporting Muslim Brotherhood

Gay marriage flip flop

Evolution of the accent

Is Chelsea Bill's daughter?

Norman Hsu, Chinagate 2

Revolving Door

Changing stances Armenian Genocide

Hillary started birther movement

May have approved sarin gas

Book from WH staff on Hillary

Server easily hacked

Video of dead Clinton friends

Clinton Appointed Judge scandal

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies

Clinton Foundation/Russia/Uranium/Standoff

Campaign Fraud

Troopergate)

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mean Donald says mean things tho.

Yes, in political context that is exactly all he has ever gotten to do. Actual work, tough decisions or taking responsibility for his actions are all things that Trump has never had to do in regards to anything orbiting politics.

He has never done anything, decisions or mistakes included, that'd leave him responsible in any kind of political context. Ultimately he is just another angry dude sitting in his underwear, shouting at a tv screen that is showing people who actually..do things. He just has a big megaphone. And natural affinity to self-promotion.

For this reason, we are reduced to criticising his person. We are reduced to wondering what sort of a politician would somebody saying mean, selfish things be. We can't criticise Trump the politician the way we criticise Clinton the politician; Until he spends his first second in any kind of a position in relevant legislative office somewhere, there is no Trump the politician to diss. Clinton on the other hand has been doing it for..what, 40 years? You can fit plenty of mistakes in 40 years.

Have to say, most of your previous post really speaks for itself.

Last edited:

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
In light of the latest news (more dirty tricks by a "dirty cop"), folks may be able to look forward to unending wars and the loss of our own borders, not to mention loss of the ability to defend ourselves against imported terrorists and a powerful government machine gone horribly wrong.

See you after the election. Or maybe not.

Garen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Blackwater USA founder and retired Navy SEAL Erik Prince claimed a “well-placed source” in the New York Police Department told him that among the 650,000 emails discovered on Weiner’s laptop was evidence that Hillary Clinton traveled to the island several times, Breitbart News reported.
CT reporting Breitbart reporting that Prince claims someone inside the NYPD claims that the FBI claims that Hillary is having orgies on sex island.

Or

FBI sends letter to Congress saying email review completed, decision not to prosecute Clinton stands

Take your pick of reality.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
CT reporting Breitbart reporting that Prince claims someone inside the NYPD claims that the FBI claims that Hillary is having orgies on sex island.
Considering he is the founder of Blackwater, he actually has quite a bit to gain by lying about someone as well. The US government paid Blackwater millions and millions of dollars during the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. The average Blackwater security contractor back then was making $500 per day while they were working in the Middle East. Yes, per day. If they could afford to pay their thousands of employees that much then the amount Blackwater itself was paid must be astronomically high.

If Prince thinks that Trump will start more wars and Clinton won't, he would gain a lot by helping Trump by spreading false information about Clinton, because if there does end up being a war his company will be rolling in money again.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The Fact that Breitbart Media's CEO is directly involved with the Trump Campaign is enough to being them into doubt...

Which reminds me, turns out the guy organizing and tipping off the Media of all the "violence" that was happening at Trump Rallies... yea he's on Breitbart's payroll too.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Considering he is the founder of Blackwater, he actually has quite a bit to gain by lying about someone as well. The US government paid Blackwater millions and millions of dollars during the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. The average Blackwater security contractor back then was making $500 per day while they were working in the Middle East. Yes, per day. If they could afford to pay their thousands of employees that much then the amount Blackwater itself was paid must be astronomically high.

If Prince thinks that Trump will start more wars and Clinton won't, he would gain a lot by helping Trump by spreading false information about Clinton, because if there does end up being a war his company will be rolling in money again.
500 a day seems to be ok. It's hard to compare stateside wages to war zone wages.

EP was a pretty stand up dude.

Garen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not too many ideas could be worse than outsourcing combat ground operations to private firms. They are mercenaries, they fight for money, if that's not bad enough it also allows the government to skirt accountability. "Whoops, that wasn't us, it was a contractor we promise not to hire them again."

Hire Prince to train and consult all you want but paying private firms to take on roles for top dollar while actual soldiers don't even have the proper gear is nuts.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Outsourcing ground combat operations to private firms.....what offensive combat action did any private firm do?

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Terrifying news and devil's work. 11/9 will live in infamy. How could you, America?

Silver lining here; Nobody in USA will treat elections of 2020 with same lack of dignity.
I'm certain USA will again remember virtues of good judgement and lesser evils once more by then. We all will have plenty of things besides leaked emails to worry about by then.

Unfortunately, I think it likely those voting for Trump will have plenty of opportunity to feel deeply ashamed about doing what they did on this dark day. If I'm wrong about this, it will be a cause of great pleasure and relief for me.

Remarkable self marketing by Trump though. He truly knows how to play the heart strings of common people. Exceptional in this regard. It is a good wake up call for real politicians and actual leaders. I'm not sure if this translates into anything good either though.

At least I, and most all else, will get to turn their eyes away from this circus for a time and brace for what is to come. I predict dark times for values most all here have come to hold dear. I believe this day, along with brexit, will form chapter I on a very dark story, one the historians of following decades will have to write.

I honestly thought we, as upholders of Western values and ways of life, were much better than this. Guess not.

Last edited:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You were told the polls lied! You believed the Russians were voting in America! You trusted a criminal..and her lying media cronies #MAGA

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Well, it's evidently over.

And this happy old broad is finally going to get some sleep. Good night all.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can imagine this man being a president in some Saturday morning cartoon that needs an entertaining villain.

An apparent sociopath who expresses his desire to be " unpredictable" about nukes sounds utterly terrifying. At least if said person is serious contender to POTUS. Which, btw, should not be an entry level job to politics.
[bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]Trump presidency rated among top 10 global risks: EIU - BBC News[/bcolor]

Besides over half of the Americans, list of people terrified about notion of Trump becoming President includes more or less rest of the entire world. With exception to Putin's Russia.
Why Russia Is Rejoicing Over Trump

The Russian president for life time would be overjoyed by Trump's presidency. Can you imagine how completely and utterly a sly, experienced statesman like Putin would play Trump?
After all,Trump is known to completely freeze up when faced something like having to do actual politics with an actual politician. - and who could blame him? He has absolutely no former job experience. This is a man who has never held a notable political office or power in his life. Result? Train wrecks such as this when he suddenly needs to face an actual politician:
Weak Trump Steamrolled By Mexican President In Bizarre Press Conference
There would be some measure of karma in it; it'd be a situation where Trump basically turns into easy-to-play-with doll for Putin to grope. Which would have him in receiving end of his own values. Trump is great at one thing; marketing himself.Concept, notion of doing politics appears utterly alien to him. And how could it not be? He has never held a position in this field before.

How tired of democracy are you? How could anyone not completely tired of it ever vote for a candidate who doesn't necessarily accept the results of Presidential elections?
As it stands, Trump has absolutely no political power of any kind. When he, hopefully, loses in few days it shouldn't really matter at all whether or not he accepts the results. Depending how he plays those under his spell, there might be some measure of unrest among tinfoil tier of his voters...but train would keep rolling. But imagine the terrible scenario where he wins in 2016. Imagine elections of 2020. Imagine sitting President of USA who figures he won't accept the results of an election. It'd be death of democracy in USA.

Something bit more light hearted:
Trump boasts about his philanthropy. But his giving falls short of his words.

- - -
I guess the whole debate ultimately boils down to this:
Joe needs a brain surgery. His options are
A) an experienced brain surgeon who has devoted her entire life to said career. She has been part of a number of difficult operations, several of her patients have died. Often accused of being corrupt or crooked.
B) Stand up comedian who likes to make jokes about the hospital where doctor presented in option A works at. He is fighting couple of sexual harassment charges, has life long history of caring only of himself and is very popular and successful comedian despite/because of it. "HECK, EVEN I WOULD BE A BETTER BRAIN SURGEON!!" is a popular part of his comedy routine.

Which person should perform Joe's surgery?

This is the choice USA has to make. What in this is such a tough call. Don't get me wrong, neither of the options is optimal. But only one of them spells disaster.

Personally. I'm more afraid of not being able to talk about any of this.

BTW - There is no political correctness on this site against UO. None!

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I'm absolutely, totally - certain- guarding your freedom of speech is extremely important to Trump, lol.

At any rate,Clinton is the huge loser today; it is certain she is history. Now people can at least stop digesting and re-posting every single obscene accusation about her that the sewer-tiers of net manage to produce. Now, you all get to turn your eyes to the man you elected instead. And what a sight he will be.

Some fun numerology to ya'll.

Europeans express date and time differently to US
In Europe, among many other places, it is DD/MM/YYYY
So today is actually 9/11

This is also the date of the fall of the Berlin Wall by the way.

Last edited:

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is quite obvious we cannot over look the lowest common denominator anymore. It is quite obvious we cannot over look our education system anymore. Today is only one day among many we will have to strive to better ourselves as a nation. Be better, be strong, be a moral compass for others to follow. Love will overcome.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Trump is a buffoon and terrible, but what worries me the most is not him. It is his VP, Pence. Alone, Trump would be eaten by the sharks there.
I guess I may have to skip going to the 20th anniversary party next year. Being in a place where the VP thinks people like me should be rounded up in a camp and have the gay electrocuted away doesn't sound very healthy for me.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This really shows who are the most mature people. Did the Anti-Obama voters protest and throw their little temper tantrums the last two elections, no we accepted the vote and went on with our lives but now have a new group of CHILDREN protesting and throwing temper tantrums like a bunch of 3 year olds. I am damn grateful people like the LITTLE CHILDREN and their LYING candidate are not running this country. And the date is 09/11/2016 you moron.
Haha. Yes, anti-Obama voters did protest and throw their little temper tantrums. After last election, I remember Texas secession movement and Birther stuff being all the rage. In general, it is perfectly human to express disappointment, sadness or frustration after your candidate loses. It should not be difficult to be tolerant about this. Try harder.

After Obama's election, there was much less fear going around though. Almost everybody, huge portion of Republicans included, could agree he is a very competent man. That isn't the case this time around. Less fear likely translates to less tantrums. I'm pretty sure you are 35-65 year old white male. Try to extend your imagination enough to have fraction of empathy, and think of how alienating it must feel, to be..say, a Hispanic woman or a Muslim in USA right now - ruled by President who campaigned by openly promoting attitude HOSTILE to you. Witnessing how your countrymen cast votes for values hostile to you. You can bet your middle aged white ass many of these people are afraid now. Can you blame them?

Content of your post, accusations presented and insults you deliver Vs the message you -try-to convey makes such a ridiculous sum of all parts that I only hope it won't be deleted, heh.

...Oh and the part that had you calling me a moron?As I explained, huge portion of the world writes date differently to US. In Europe, among many other places, the day Trump got voted was, in fact, 9/11. I'm not sure if there are (m)any places that use zeroes in dates in places where nothing is.
Ominously, date of Trump was literally 9.11.

Last edited:

Garen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This really shows who are the most mature people. Did the Anti-Obama voters protest and throw their little temper tantrums the last two elections, no we accepted the vote and went on with our lives but now have a new group of CHILDREN protesting and throwing temper tantrums like a bunch of 3 year olds. I am damn grateful people like the LITTLE CHILDREN and their LYING candidate are not running this country. And the date is 09/11/2016 you moron.
Seriously? How soon do people forget?

That time Donald Trump had a total meltdown on Twitter after Obama won reelection

Also nobody challenged Obama's citizenship, loyalty, religion, ethnicity, at all for the last 8 years.

Garen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trump is a buffoon and terrible, but what worries me the most is not him. It is his VP, Pence. Alone, Trump would be eaten by the sharks there.
I guess I may have to skip going to the 20th anniversary party next year. Being in a place where the VP thinks people like me should be rounded up in a camp and have the gay electrocuted away doesn't sound very healthy for me.
Dude, just pray and you'll be cured.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Dude, just pray and you'll be cured.
Being stabbed in 2004 for it didn't cure this "phase". I don't think praying would help any. :p
Besides, Odin doesn't care much for one's sexual orientation, so I am good with the god I picked for myself.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously? How soon do people forget?

That time Donald Trump had a total meltdown on Twitter after Obama won reelection

Also nobody challenged Obama's citizenship, loyalty, religion, ethnicity, at all for the last 8 years.
Hahahahahah.....
This was actually a riot:D Thanks.Was funny til I remembered this man is the next in line to POTUS now. God help us all.

"More votes equals a loss! Revolution!"
- Donald J. Trump, President of United States of America

...Unlike Trump in 2016, Obama even won the popular vote both times around..

Last edited:

Garen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"The electoral college is a disaster for a country" -Donald Trump

He does have great foresight.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am so happy I invested in Kleenex stocks..these ladies are making me rich! Woo

Complain all you'd like! Enjoy the "revolution" talks..savor the ****** paid protestors claiming lives will be lost..they forget so easy which sides has the firearms :/...Anywhoo Flagg I hope you got yourself a nice little safe space bunker to hide in till 2020.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"The electoral college is a disaster for a country" -Donald Trump
He does have great foresight.
That isn't what he said why do you make that into quotes? We live in a republic not a democracy.
I'm not going to pretend to know what his tweet was meant to mean.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Being in a place where the VP thinks people like me should be rounded up in a camp
You had two choices.
1. a VP that doesn't want gays to marry or in the military.
2. the prospect of being thrown off the roof. (who must not be named)

Which is why Milo Yiannopoulos supported Trump accepted Pence. Which Milo song the national anthem in front of an all Trump audience wearing a dress and he got a standing ovation.

Harry potter it was self restriction. Much safer environment then today.
It's not just this site. These laws are in place in Europe as well. Germany can't talk about it either or be thrown into jail.

Last edited:

Garen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That isn't what he said why do you make that into quotes? We live in a republic not a democracy.
I'm not going to pretend to know what his tweet was meant to mean.
?
It's from his own Twitter account when Obama won re-election in 2012. It's his exact words, the quote is solid. You can Google, search web caches, etc yourself. Here's an article from 2012: Donald Trump Freaks Out on Twitter After Obama Wins Election

Also, we are not a pure Democracy, or a pure Republic. We're best described as a Constitutional Democratic-Republic. The democratic part is considered the most important so we casually call ourselves a democracy.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was talking about your quote which isn't what he said.
There has been a number of things I disagree with what he said.
Over all these posts are one of them.

Last edited:

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was talking about your quote which isn't what he said.
There has been a number of things I disagree with what he said.
Over all these posts are one of them.
Here is the exact quote.

One more. These seem to have gotten plenty of attention in 2012.

His political ambitions had already manifested back then; At the time of writing these tweets, he was a former presidential candidate hopeful and figurehead of the birther movement.
This is basically a former Republican contender for presidency inciting revolution here, due to (mistakenly) thinking his candidate won the popular vote.

Last edited:

Garen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see my error that I typed country instead of democracy. Funny how I read those two words to mean the same thing. The emphasis is not that what he said is true or false, but the hilarity that the system he criticized is the same one that put him in charge.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm getting the feeling that soon the people who voted for him are going to turn on him......

He's talking potentially amending the Affordable Care Act or a partial repeal instead of signing off on a full repeal, you know Hillary's plan.
He's filling his transition team and looking to feel Administration roles with Lobbyists, and retired Big Business CEO's you know the same folks who spent decades screwing the middle class, and outsourcing jobs.
His wall isn't a priority now it will get done when he gets to it..
None of the highly experienced and qualified members of the Intelligence and Homeland Security community will accept roles from him, instead he's going to have to fill these vacancies with less experienced unproven quantities potentially putting the country at greater risk...

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm getting the feeling that soon the people who voted for him are going to turn on him......

He's talking potentially amending the Affordable Care Act or a partial repeal instead of signing off on a full repeal, you know Hillary's plan.
He's filling his transition team and looking to feel Administration roles with Lobbyists, and retired Big Business CEO's you know the same folks who spent decades screwing the middle class, and outsourcing jobs.
His wall isn't a priority now it will get done when he gets to it..
None of the highly experienced and qualified members of the Intelligence and Homeland Security community will accept roles from him, instead he's going to have to fill these vacancies with less experienced unproven quantities potentially putting the country at greater risk...
Why do you seem to always talk with feelings no facts?
Who? Who?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Why do you seem to always talk with feelings no facts?
Who? Who?
Treasury Sect.
Thomas Barrack Jr. Founder, chairman and executive chairman of Colony Capital; private equity and real estate investor
Steven Mnuchin Former Goldman Sachs executive and Mr. Trump’s campaign finance chairman

Interior Sect.
Robert E. Grady Gryphon Investors partner
Harold G. Hamm Chief executive of Continental Resources, an oil and gas company
Forrest Lucas President of Lucas Oil Products, which manufactures automotive lubricants, additives and greases

Commerce Sect.
Dan DiMicco Former chief executive of Nucor Corporation, a steel production company
Lewis M. Eisenberg Private equity chief for Granite Capital International Group

Energy Sect.
James L. Connaughton Chief executive of Nautilus Data Technologies and former environmental adviser to President George W. Bush

Other names for various positions are Washington Insiders or other Political Veterans.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/politics/donald-trump-administration.html Here's a full list.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Treasury Sect.
Thomas Barrack Jr. Founder, chairman and executive chairman of Colony Capital; private equity and real estate investor
Steven Mnuchin Former Goldman Sachs executive and Mr. Trump’s campaign finance chairman

Interior Sect.
Forrest Lucas President of Lucas Oil Products, which manufactures automotive lubricants, additives and greases

Commerce Sect.
Dan DiMicco Former chief executive of Nucor Corporation, a steel production company
Lewis M. Eisenberg Private equity chief for Granite Capital International Group

Energy Sect.
James L. Connaughton Chief executive of Nautilus Data Technologies and former environmental adviser to President George W. Bush

Other names for various positions are Washington Insiders or other Political Veterans.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/politics/donald-trump-administration.html Here's a full list.
So you posted some names that are being considered for those jobs. Are they the most qualified person for the job? I do not get why naming someone for a job is going to make everybody turn on the President. Why is everybody trying to advance all this fear mongering. Trump is our president so what, maybe people just need to grow up and accept it just like all the people that did not vote for Obama accepted him.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So you posted some names that are being considered for those jobs. Are they the most qualified person for the job? I do not get why naming someone for a job is going to make everybody turn on the President. Why is everybody trying to advance all this fear mongering. Trump is our president so what, maybe people just need to grow up and accept it just like all the people that did not vote for Obama accepted him.
Why? Because largely those people represent exactly what Trump's campaign was rallying against. Special Interests, and Corruption in Gov.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why? Because largely those people represent exactly what Trump's campaign was rallying against. Special Interests, and Corruption in Gov.
Really I thought Trump was trying to put the most qualified person in a position to help the US. You really think Trump is going to do what he says, now that would be a first for a politician. Or better yet you think the country is going to revolt against him and I hope you realize CONGRESS runs the nation not the president.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Really I thought Trump was trying to put the most qualified person in a position to help the US. You really think Trump is going to do what he says, now that would be a first for a politician. Or better yet you think the country is going to revolt against him and I hope you realize CONGRESS runs the nation not the president.
That's kinda my point, a lot of the people who voted for him did so because he wasn't part of the establishment. Doing the same things establishment officials do won't exactly earn him any favors.

And no, Congress alone does not run the nation, it's a combination of all 3 branches, though each has been known to over reach from time to time.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Omg!!!! It's a sign
How very classy of you.

I'm glad you are gradually starting to find direct quotes of your president-to-be as disturbing, offensive and annoying as (over) half of the voting America and rest of the world though.

I realize there is nothing in his tweets that could be defended; makes sense to try to attack the poster.

Last edited:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How very classy of you.

I'm glad you are gradually starting to find direct quotes of your president-to-be as disturbing, offensive and annoying as (over) half of the voting America and rest of the world though.

I realize there is nothing in his tweets that could be defended; makes sense to try to attack the poster.
Do you perhaps need a safe space?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's kinda my point, a lot of the people who voted for him did so because he wasn't part of the establishment. Doing the same things establishment officials do won't exactly earn him any favors.

And no, Congress alone does not run the nation, it's a combination of all 3 branches, though each has been known to over reach from time to time.
LOL CONGRESS passes the laws not the president who all you think has all the power in the world just like the fear mongers that think the VP can do what he wants like forcing people into CURES that he thinks they need. The Judicial and the Executive do very little compared to the Legislative Branch.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL CONGRESS passes the laws not the president who all you think has all the power in the world just like the fear mongers that think the VP can do what he wants like forcing people into CURES that he thinks they need. The Judicial and the Executive do very little compared to the Legislative Branch.
Yes Congress passes the laws, but the President has to execute them. Overriding a Presidential Veto isn't exactly easy to do and even with a GOP controlled Senate and House they don't have a Super Majority which could do so.

Actually the Executive Branch as a huge amount of power, the President is the only one that can nominate Justices to the Supreme Court, Foreign Diplomats, negotiate Pacts and Treaties, the President can direct the Military for 90 days with Congressional Approval etc. Then there are the extra-constitutional powers, and in a state of emergency he can go outside the limitations of Constitution if it is deemed necessary, something a number of Presidents have done during war time.

Status
Not open for further replies.