• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Selling Weapons 70% Lightning / 70% Poison Bokuto

AlistorMcCoy

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
I never found a good rundown of the cost required to make them when I decided to have a go at it, so I figured I'd track data while I went at it. I've sold three 70L/poison bokuto blanks in the last 6 months at just under 800m each.

In materials, it costs around 200mil gold to craft a 70 lightning/poison bokuto blank IF you farm your own runics, otherwise it's going to cost around 900m if you purchase them at 1m per (good luck finding a bulk supplier). In time, the crafting part alone takes roughly 17.5 hours of non-stop crafting and reforging with breakneck efficiency (roughly 450 reforges per hour). Farming 900 ash runics takes weeks of tedious bribing and filling BODs, but you get your runics for around 200k in gold/boards instead of 1m per.

The lightning/poison bok isn't the only thing you get from this, but the only other thing worth selling is a 70 lightning/cold bok blank which goes for about 400m and on average you should get 1 of these per poison bok. You might be able to get sub 100m on any of the other spell/resist combinations if you're lucky. Everyone wants either 100% cold (after enhance) or 70 poison/30 cold.

TL;DR It takes roughly 900 ash runic saws, 18ish hours of crafting/reforging, and several weeks of BOD bribing and filling to produce one 70lightning/70poison bok blank worth around 800m and one 70lightning/70cold blank worth around 400m.

Xoos

Journeyman
If anyone is interested in my process...

I actually don't buy the runics as I'm pretty much the only vendor on Legends selling them haha. I have one non-crafter grab three low level carpenter bods with .1 skill and put them in a book for LeMarc every day. If I'm up for it, in one day I visit enough carpenters to bribe up 16 of those bods which usually maxes out the available bribery. I fill and give them back to the non-crafter to redeem and get 16 more low level bods. 16 ash runics is 140 bokutos reforged. I estimate I got that poison bok at or around the 2000th bok maybe. I'm not buying any runics, only cost is wood and a ton of bribes... and about an hour or so per day/140 attempts.

I'll keep making 70/70 blanks for you if you all still need em for your PVP toons.

Cheers!

AxiamInc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice weapon! And really appreciate the insight here, been wondering what to do with the saws that I've been accumulating over time. Any other desirable combinations that weren't mentioned above?

Not to take the selling post off course, but since this has turned into a semi-learning post I thought I'd ask. :)

Xoos

Journeyman
No worries... I'm not really the expert as I don't currently play PVP but my sense is that there haven't been any real changes to the game for years which would affect PVP strategy. This means that the 'meta' probably hasn't changed at all for them in a long time while the market has continued to produce this gear.

So the short answer is that probably nothing you craft for PVP with those ash runics will sell reliably except the best of the very best which is 70% hit lightning along with 70% in elemental damage with poison being top and cold being second. I'm not even sure about the market for other spells at 70%.

I haven't had any offers for either the energy bokuto from last week or this poison one yet so even then it might take a bit for one of these old rich players to need a new bokuto or for a newer player to commit to spending all that gold.

Hope that helps. Maybe a big new patch will come along in 2023 to mix up the market a bit.

AxiamInc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No worries... I'm not really the expert as I don't currently play PVP but my sense is that there haven't been any real changes to the game for years which would affect PVP strategy. This means that the 'meta' probably hasn't changed at all for them in a long time while the market has continued to produce this gear.

So the short answer is that probably nothing you craft for PVP with those ash runics will sell reliably except the best of the very best which is 70% hit lightning along with 70% in elemental damage with poison being top and cold being second. I'm not even sure about the market for other spells at 70%.

I haven't had any offers for either the energy bokuto from last week or this poison one yet so even then it might take a bit for one of these old rich players to need a new bokuto or for a newer player to commit to spending all that gold.

Hope that helps. Maybe a big new patch will come along in 2023 to mix up the market a bit.
Appreciate you taking the time to go over that. Cheers

Craig_Jones

Seasoned Veteran
Cold bokuto would be good also. after enhance it could be 100% cold damage and 70 lightning. It worth less than poison, but stil good.
Not much good elemental boks on Atlantic market. I would recommend bring it to atl for sale.