• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Peacemaking] @ 63.0 skill, using GM Instruments... gains...terrible.

P

Pazuzu

I'm trying to re-GM Peacemaking (don't ask.../sigh), Im at 63.0 or so (Music is 100.0), I'm using exceptional/GM made instruments, and gains are terrible. I have Area Peace mapped to spacebar and I run around with it held down. Is there a way to speed this up? O_O

S

Scoobs

I can't advise on how best to technically train the skill, but I have been training all my old skills again (don't ask either!). The most painless way is to train 2 or 3 skills at a time so that you are being challenged when fighting.

For example, I put provoke and music on my fighter and trained mace, provoke and hiding all at the same time. I would guess that this was probably slower than clicking madly for a couple of days but at least I am making money and having fun!

Even Earth eles can hit hard when your suit is cr*p.

G

Gellor

I'm using exceptional/GM made instruments
This is most of your problem. When training, you do NOT want exceptional instruments. You want a pile of store bought instruments.

From there, it is indeed a ton of time. You could also try going to play with the Satyrs:thumbup1:

P

Pazuzu

This is most of your problem. When training, you do NOT want exceptional instruments. You want a pile of store bought instruments.

From there, it is indeed a ton of time. You could also try going to play with the Satyrs:thumbup1:
All the stickies say to use GM Instruments until I believe 90ish, then switch to vendor-bought.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you can use either if your using the area peace instead of targeted.

gains will be faster with NPC ones as you wont be getting the bonus.