• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

5 armor Ignores in a row?

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have often listen to people claiming that they can land 5 AI's in a row. How is this done with the double cost for special moves within 3 seconds?

D

Divster

high int on char, lmc, mana increase gear and being elf obviously helps here as long as you have the required skill points to avoid the increased special move mana cost !

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping for a more definitive answer as to what gear. I guess I should have been more clear on that.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping for a more definitive answer as to what gear. I guess I should have been more clear on that.
There is no definitive answer. If there were...everyone would be doing it. I can't really specify except to say it requires thinking outside the box of what most people would do. I don't do 5, but for a long time I have achieved 4. It finishes pretty much anyone off. Only someone with some good tactics can get out of the AI jam.

Really Divster did a good job in answering the question. My dexxer is elf...enough said.

G

gmcbroom

That makes me happy. my character is an elf to. :) though my tactics suck. A trog has me running. I can handle one but when 2 or 3 surround me my health drops and then i'm wearing gray. :)

R

RichDC

120med, good timing, mana leech on the weap(does help pvp for ar ignores) and as div said.

40lmc
120med
12+mr
and around 50-60mana should be enough

(thats what my 4/6 used to use.)

C

CroMag1980

Calculate the cost of 5 ai's at 40 lmc

Calculate the time t that you take to take 5 swings at your swing speed

Subtract your mana points regenerated over that time t from the cost of 5 ai's @ 40 lmc

Add whatever you lose from int from a 120 eval curse (remember to adjust t if said curse takes you below a swing speed threshold) that should give you your target mana.

You will ofc only land 5 shots against disarmed people with no dci.

I did this back in the day on test but can't remember the figures, there are ssi calculators out there to help you also. Noxin website? Something like that.

T

tarugobr

those tons of AI sucks hard
theres a guy on my shard who launch 4 in a row

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the better question is, i want to know how a certain dexer on our shard can hit me with 6 armor ignores in a row, without missing, on a 59 dci 120 wrestle 120 parry mage with 80 dex. Riddle me this.

T

tarugobr

I think the better question is, i want to know how a certain dexer on our shard can hit me with 6 armor ignores in a row, without missing, on a 59 dci 120 wrestle 120 parry mage with 80 dex. Riddle me this.
LOL
what can u do in that situation?
AI should have a cooldown like parablow

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't had any problems on my parry mages, I can usually stand still and **** talk them if theres only 2 - though I roll with 70 DCI so the hld doesn't do anything to me.

What dexer does that to you?

C

CroMag1980

Aye imo bow deathstrike period with a higher mr cap was the last time a dexxer could hope to worry good pvp mages, and spell evasions too before the nerf.

Both those things quickly got fixed to keep mages dominant which I guess is why people hate pets in pvp as it also challenges that dominance - but they'll never nerf pets as it's the only way to hold your own with absolutely no skill whatsoever which helps boost subscriptions.

Leave the AI chainers alone they have probably broken their balls to have that one (ultimately flawed) dmg output method.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I haven't had any problems on my parry mages, I can usually stand still and **** talk them if theres only 2 - though I roll with 70 DCI so the hld doesn't do anything to me.

What dexer does that to you?
Was hyatt, he is the only one i've ever had an issue with, other people i could just stand there and dump 6/7th circle spells and rarely get hit lol.

I also have refined my suit a little more, managed to nicely build in the fey legs so im 64 dci and dropped the wrestle for anat and fit in 33 alchemy so im 60 ep with it, only thing that sucks is its only 10 (HoM) sdi, so i'm trying to find a way to build the pendant in but my mempo is like 94 resist with lmc so i doubt this is happening lol. My ecru is 10 lrc 9 dci so i might try to build in a similiar ecru with some sdi on it, we'll see how it goes.

Edit: Just thought of something...might ditch HoM for wizard crystal glasses, they are 15 sdi o.0, though if i throw the guy in factions i'll have to rework it even more cause its hard to pass up 25 dci glasses.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think AI really needs nerfing. 35 dmg cap is fine

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't think AI really needs nerfing. 35 dmg cap is fine
agreed, think the only thing that needs a bit of a look is conc blow, and im not talking diminishing returns here, but more of the way it works to drop the dmg a bit.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
High Intelligence. Mana Leach. Lower Mana Cost. Mana Regeneration. Meditation.

Also, if you're talking about PvP, consider how fast-moving it is relative to PvM. In other words, it's not like you're landing 1 hit per 1.25 seconds. You hit, they run, you chase, by the time you land your next Armor Ignore the timer has worn off anyway. Also usually they have healed/potted their health back up, so all you've done is waste Mana.

*sighs*

-Galen's player

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
High Intelligence. Mana Leach. Lower Mana Cost. Mana Regeneration. Meditation.

Also, if you're talking about PvP, consider how fast-moving it is relative to PvM. In other words, it's not like you're landing 1 hit per 1.25 seconds. You hit, they run, you chase, by the time you land your next Armor Ignore the timer has worn off anyway. Also usually they have healed/potted their health back up, so all you've done is waste Mana.

*sighs*

-Galen's player
Hate to say it but 5 AI hits in a row, you are just standing there or the person is using a hack...plain and simple.

Why not disarm? Wrestling is handy for that.

Is exactly this point Galen makes...run and chase.

In addition you can use refresh pots to squeeze out more points into INT. Never was uncommon for my dexxers to pack 100 mana.

Additionally depending on their setup (are they using bandages?), they can carry an even larger mana pool. In general for PvM, I have an easy time getting off 5 AI's relatively quick. Difference is the mob does not run away and I can leech back mana.

C

CroMag1980

Hate to say it but 5 AI hits in a row, you are just standing there or the person is using a hack...plain and simple.
Or you have a composite and you're on despise island/star room or some other small space (where you could just hold down a wither macro for probably far greater effect).

Agreed though you will land 5 ai's with a melee dexxer on people who are lagging and disarmed and wearing their luck suit with no dci :D

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or you have a composite and you're on despise island/star room or some other small space (where you could just hold down a wither macro for probably far greater effect).

Agreed though you will land 5 ai's with a melee dexxer on people who are lagging and disarmed and wearing their luck suit with no dci :D
Ah okay...well I wasn't even thinking about the archer aspect of things. Still...all I here is *pling* *pling* *pling* They never hit.