• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

4th Year Gift

G

I took this screen shot at EA Store. What do you all think of it?

C

calvinscreeksim

looks kinda like they had to come up with an idea quickly so they just recolored an existing item to satisfy the demands for having a 4th year gift.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

That is absolutely nothing special. Its just like the gray & purple sign you can buy in Buy Mode except its been recolored and it says in small font, Happy 4th Year Anniversary. They had 1 year to make it...

G

I describe it as a territorial marker. I had the same thought when I saw it. There were no interactions when you click on it.

D

Dogsoffour

<blockquote><hr>

That is absolutely nothing special. Its just like the gray &amp; purple sign you can buy in Buy Mode except its been recolored and it says in small font, Happy 4th Year Anniversary. They had 1 year to make it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I think they had over 2 years to make it.

....Wow.

I

imported_debslee

Hmmmm sorry guys, not very impressive. It would be so nice if they could get one of the CC Gurus to create something completely different, something that has never been seen before - that would be awesome!

I

imported_SimTripps

<blockquote><hr>

Please tell me thats not the real 4th year gift.

[/ QUOTE ]

omg I sooooo second that lol... Does that thing DO anything? Or does it just sit there looking boring? An anniversary gift is only fun if it gives some type of reward - skill points, roasted marshmellows, etc. Isn't that the point of them? To reward players for their undying devotion for 4 years?

Gee, so much for a Rejuvenator or Servo lol....

C

calvinscreeksim

you know whats funny, not a single dev will reply to this and explain anything lol. If they do, big kudos for coming out and explaning themselves on this pointless object.

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

I think this is hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha me too!

This is the one gift that I am not excited to get in the Amnesty... I might just delete it, lol... whats the point, its the same sign we can buy in a different color.

C

Carter'

Wow this thing is absolutely hideous! wow omg that really sucks

I

imported_Qute Pi

I wish this was a joke...
I wonder who the uploader was lol.

N

NightFlyer

I am sorely disappointed but not at all surprised. That took them how long to make? yeah...

I

imported_debslee

<blockquote><hr>

I am sorely disappointed but not at all surprised. That took them how long to make? yeah...

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not due for a four year gift yet, but if I was, I wouldnt be impressed.....Should we start a petition to change it? In saying that, we should offer a suggestion to replace it with another option...I believe in trying to find a solution not just highlighting a problem - anyone got any ideas and if so, upload a pic and lets look and put it to the devs!

I

imported_Danny Dots

it just doesn't compare to the other anniversary gifts. It looks very armature.

I

imported_rpsky3

i have seen no confirmation from the Devs on this, so i am going to take it at face value and hope it is wrong lol. so far the best gift is the tree!

G

ROFL Are you trying to blame me for making that? Next time you can catch EA Store open, go check it out. It has been there for a long time. I just kept forgetting to SS it.

I

imported_rpsky3

LOL no, i never said you did!! lol.. where is the EA Store?

G

In EA Land LOL it is named EA Store. I took that SS right when Unibrow left the property. Look up MaxisLuc or Unibrow that is where they live.

L

legal1lpn

i really hope this is a joke. that thing looks absolutly retched, yuk!

I

imported_rpsky3

lol sorry did not know that there was an EA Store ha ha ha.. i really hope that is not true! we need something use able lol

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

<blockquote><hr>

It reminds me of a grave marker! Who died?

[/ QUOTE ]

Creativity, apparently.

I'm at a loss of words. Even the re-hashed cannon was better than this.

N

NightFlyer

TTL

The devs announced that this was it (4th year gift, a plaque) a while back, so believe it.

I

imported_Danny Dots

i knew it was going to be a plaque but i thought it would be nicer then that!

G

Gaby

omg,lol. I wouldn't put that on my lot. That mustard colored "gold" is horrible!Not to mention tacky!! LOL

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I think this is hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha me too!

This is the one gift that I am not excited to get in the Amnesty... I might just delete it, lol... whats the point, its the same sign we can buy in a different color.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lmao I will probably just keep 1. Sell the other...7. Just so I can say I got one.

G

Accept the 4th year gisft as is. And, move on.

I guess, people can't be happy for what they have.

G

Do a memorial or something. Here lies TSO. But we can't even write on it like you can the territorial markers. LOL make it a sign at least.

C

Cruz Cavera

Well, that would make sense if we were in the Production Cities. Seeing that this is now EA Land. But.. yeah. I won't lay that [censored] out. Lmao.

G

I don't think so. I was asking what you all think about it. Not my fault no one likes it. Do you like it? Tell the truth.

G

LOL we haven't gotten it yet. We have been waiting a yr to see what it is. Now we are expressing our opinions about it.

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

Accept the 4th year gisft as is. And, move on.

I guess, people can't be happy for what they have.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha.. I'm just kidding, I'm going to keep mine

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Please tell me thats not the real 4th year gift.

[/ QUOTE ]

omg I sooooo second that lol... Does that thing DO anything? Or does it just sit there looking boring? An anniversary gift is only fun if it gives some type of reward - skill points, roasted marshmellows, etc. Isn't that the point of them? To reward players for their undying devotion for 4 years?

Gee, so much for a Rejuvenator or Servo lol....

[/ QUOTE ]

The one year anniversary item wasn't 'functional' either though, and that was our *very first ever* anniversary item, so I'm actually not shocked that this one isn't either, especially considering the massive project EAL/TC3 has been and the rapid pace they've had to do that in. Yes, they've been working on it for a year, but most of that year has been spent developing EAL/TC3 and dealing with bugs, manual moves, merges, etc. too, IIRC, considering that all started in March of last year, so we're looking at 11 months, at least.

*shrugs* It's a gift, and I'm not gonna stare a gift horse in the mouth. Personally, if we pass the 'magic deadline' and don't get the final boom 90 day notice, then that's good enough for the 5 year anniversary item, IMO.

S

Sean Kendrick

It looks like we're going to be getting recolored objects for anniversary gifts from now on....

G

Even though may serve no purpose on the lot it will be like have the 1st "statues". It may have the same interactions as the pet statues do. Just in a tacky gold color. I think if they change at least the color it would do wonders.

G

But me being me I would except it, celebrate the playing for those 4 yrs and move on. But of course that's just me!

G

<blockquote><hr>

*shrugs* It's a gift, and I'm not gonna stare a gift horse in the mouth. Personally, if we pass the 'magic deadline' and don't get the final boom 90 day notice, then that's good enough for the 5 year anniversary item, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]Amen!

F

frogger2

someone on post siad first yr gift the pet statue didnt do anything? well if click it you get fun out of it you can also make it bark or meow.it also gives fun to your pets needs. of course yr 2 gift the mystic tree will never be topted off never.camp fire yr 3 gift was nothing new just rehacked from sims 1 the offline game so sad thier. now this yr gift is really ugly doesnt do anything doesnt even give interactive in any way. I truly hope they were pulling your leg on this gift. keep in at the neer end of big things to come often people will put out false info to throw people off for instances big sci fi movie series like star wars and star trek both shows had aird over 5 different endings to thier shows to throw off spies and hackers.maybe Im just hopeing that this is the case thier its just something to throw us off, if its not its so horrible i wont waste my object limit on it not at all.so sad if this is indeed the 4yr gift.

G

<blockquote><hr>

now this yr gift is really ugly doesnt do anything doesnt even give interactive in any way.

[/ QUOTE ]Since this object has not yet been issued out, and presumably the one at the EA Store is just a prototype, how do you know for sure that it doesn't do anything?