• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

4th year Gift

P

philw1

Gift Box and 4th year gift: This is ready and Parizad will be announcing when they will be handed out in a separate post.

When?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Gift Box and 4th year gift: This is ready and <u>Parizad will be announcing when they will be handed out in a separate post.</u>

When?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whenever Parizad announces it apparently.

P

philw1

we only waited a year. if it's done why delay giving it to us? or is this another "we r working on it" deal?

K

Keep It Real

There was an attempt to get it ingame last week. But appearantly it failed to make it or it just didn't work.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Not really.. the 5th year gifts made it in.

[/ QUOTE ]

says who? none of my 5+ y/o accts have any new gifts?

M

Monkeybear

They made it into TC3, I didnt say they were handed out.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Those have been in TC3 for a while Whitey.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, I am confused. What has been in TC3 for awhile?? I have never seen a 5thh year gift

G

The cannons have been in TC3 a while now - the devs have them at the EA community store, but they have been issued out as 5 year gifts yet.

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

The cannons have been in TC3 a while now - the devs have them at the EA community store, but they have been issued out as 5 year gifts yet.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]
I hear talk of this store, but I haven't seen it. Is it open?

G

It's something to further complain about and make new threads and posts so enjoy and go with it.

G

None of mine got theirs either. Do I need to report this? Or is this information just rumor?

G

<blockquote><hr>

None of mine got theirs either. Do I need to report this? Or is this information just rumor?

[/ QUOTE ]

The gifts haven't been issued yet, so you have no need to report it !

Polly

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

You've already got a green cannon?

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean it is just the same thing, only a different color? You are kidding? Tell me you are kidding.

G

Whole range of colours actually Dali. I haven't seen one used yet so I have no idea if it does something different to the traditional cannons we have.

I'm thrilled that the gift is a cannon. I was never eligible to get one before and the only reason I have one is because a very good friend took pity on me and gave me one (a cannon).

Polly

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Whole range of colours actually Dali. I haven't seen one used yet so I have no idea if it does something different to the traditional cannons we have.

I'm thrilled that the gift is a cannon. I was never eligible to get one before and the only reason I have one is because a very good friend took pity on me and gave me one (a cannon).

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

If they do the same thing, then this is a major let down. You may remember that when the cannon were originally put forth as a promotional item, there were several types of cannon that were advertised. Only one of them was used and the promotion closed. I was really hoping for a cannon that did something more than make people piss themselves.

Maybe the other cannon were not actually designed. I think the cannon in different colors will make for a popular EA store item, especially among newer players. As a gift for players who have already put in time playing with cannon over the past few years, I think the thrill is gone.

Oh well.

G

I never had a cannon.....I have never fired a cannon....I would be thrilled to get a cannon.

G

I love my cannon and I only ever got one on one sim, due to the same dear friend as Polly I believe. I'm thrilled to get more of them!

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

I love my cannon and I only ever got one on one sim, due to the same dear friend as Polly I believe. I'm thrilled to get more of them!

[/ QUOTE ]

You get hit with a cannon ball and piss yourself, or your guests do. Then you get to take a long, long shower. This is excitement?

I am happy for yas. I hope you get them in all colors of the rainbow.

G

As you are so fond of reminding us Dali, you play your way, I'll play mine.

G

I have heard rumors, that you can make gnomes mutter, flamingos squeal and the maids frantic to clean up the ashes. And some times you get a dud cannonball, that has a kick option....

which unwary visitors seem to feel compelled to kick....

which then explodes....

causing them to pee themselves....

equaling instant karma and general hilarity.

G

<blockquote><hr>

ummm...where have you been?

[/ QUOTE ]

In regards to what?

S

Sativa L

I love the cannons just the way they are!! I only have one of my original "earned" cannons as I gave 2 away to friends long ago.

Over time those 2 cannons have been replaced by friends leaving the game. I would much rather have my friends back then those cannons.

It wonder if "cannonballs" are coloured? It would be great if they looked like wacket balls lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You get hit with a cannon ball and piss yourself, or your guests do. Then you get to take a long, long shower. This is excitement?

I am happy for yas. I hope you get them in all colors of the rainbow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I think its more being grateful for what they get after having waited so long and not having anything.....with all the EA Land work I'm surprised they didn't make that the 4th year gift, which IMHO would have been a damned good one. Yep, I think the attitude in this post is gratitude

With the prevailing attitude being "What, this is it??!?!" I can see how this might be hard to identify

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

The cannon were promotional items awarded to players who brought other players into the game. Any of us who have a cannon that we earned got it for participating in the marketing promotion. So, where were you people who now love to make snarky comments about my game play, attititude or whatever? I've always been a serious member of the game community, and the cannon is my "trophy" for being a booster. Where's yours?

I earned two cannon, gave one away. I have long experience with the various things one can do with the cannon, been there, done that. Being "grateful" has nothing to do with anything. We have been waiting with excitement a 4th year gift, and now I hear a rumor that it is something I already earned years ago, and also will be for sale in the EA store. Sorry, I am just underwhelmed by the lack of creativity and thought that went into this, if the same old cannon is being hauled out painted a different color.

I'm honestly happy for those of you who didn't participate in the marketing promotion will now be able to get your cannon.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The cannon were promotional items awarded to players who brought other players into the game. Any of us who have a cannon that we earned got it for participating in the marketing promotion. So, where were you people who now love to make snarky comments about my game play, attititude or whatever? I've always been a serious member of the game community, and the cannon is my "trophy" for being a booster. Where's yours?

I earned two cannon, gave one away. I have long experience with the various things one can do with the cannon, been there, done that. Being "grateful" has nothing to do with anything. We have been waiting with excitement a 4th year gift, and now I hear a rumor that it is something I already earned years ago, and also will be for sale in the EA store. Sorry, I am just underwhelmed by the lack of creativity and thought that went into this, if the same old cannon is being hauled out painted a different color.

I'm honestly happy for those of you who didn't participate in the marketing promotion will now be able to get your cannon.

[/ QUOTE ]

The cannons earned during that promotion will still be very apparently different from the ones that will be given out as the 4th year gift, even if they function the same way (which you yourself made fun of when you made the comment about making the sims piss themselves, where was your 'pride' in your accomplishment when you made that comment?
)

It isn't like the 4th year gift is going to be a pet statue or a mystic tree that is totally identical to the ones we have now, or like the time when they gave everybody in IH gnomes that were totally identical to the ones people earned. If it was, I could understand the negativism, becauuse then you could not tell who had gotten what from doing what, but really you can't now, because anybody with enough simoleans can purchase whatever the heck they want to.....so the original meaning of most of the gifts has been gone for a long, long time, which if I were EA would be one of the reasons I wouldn't spend much time on it either.....cuz it doesn't mean what it should mean to the vast majority of players, so why bother.

<blockquote><hr>

I've always been a serious member of the game community, and the cannon is my "trophy" for being a booster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you have always in the past been a horn-blower when other people were being overly-negative....this isn't the first time I've commented on how saddened I am to see the tables turning so drastically

F

frogger2

the 5th yr gift it is just another rehacked worthless cannon thats painted in various colors, so parizad siad at the pub. Im so tired of not getting anything really new lol 3rd yr was just a hacked campfire from sims 1 offline game. the mystic tree the dog statue new and never seen b4 we need something like that as a reward not just a rehacked object lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

the mystic tree the dog statue new and never seen b4 we need something like that as a reward not just a rehacked object lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

The dog/cat statues people complained about because they didn't *do* anything, and benefitted pets the most

The mystic trees, people loved the fact that they helped greening in some stages, and loved that they gave a skill point when you ate a ripe fruit, but again complained because they couldnt *pick* which skill they got the point in, and they were tired of 'useless points' that they just let decay because they didn't want skill in that skill.

Translation......no matter what EA/Maxis does, somebody's gonna complain. Even going without a dev team for 2+ years and now finally having one didn't make people wise up and count their blessings NOW, so I really don't think *anything* will make some people around here happy. *sigh*

B

Bindy

Im saddened by the lack of original thought that went into this gift, that's all I'm gonna say about it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

cannons r the 5th yr gift? These r not new, what a rip-off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cannons have never been veteran rewards, they were during a Refer-A-Friend campaign. So you HAVEN'T gotten them before for this, and don't complain. You're getting a rainbow of things that make people pee.

Best I remember, the polite thing to do was NOT WHINE when you got a gift. I could be wrong though

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

cannons r the 5th yr gift? These r not new, what a rip-off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cannons have never been veteran rewards, they were during a Refer-A-Friend campaign. So you HAVEN'T gotten them before for this, and don't complain. You're getting a rainbow of things that make people pee.

Best I remember, the polite thing to do was NOT WHINE when you got a gift. I could be wrong though

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

No [censored], eh? I guess alot of people never got the punishment we did for that...you whine and say anything like "this is not what I wantedddddddd' instead of at least smiling and saying 'thank you' and then never touching it again if you didn't want to, whatever you just got was returned to the person who gave it to you, maybe even along with everything your parents got you for that holiday too, and you got a look that made you think 'Oh [censored], got a whoopin' coming when I get home'.

Obviously the devs can't take a belt or a switch to people when they start stuff like that, but they sure could decide that they weren't gonna give any more extras to people if they weren't gonna be at least minimally gracious about receiving it, if not falling all over themselves with gratitude. I've always been one that liked frequent updates, but these gifts are not updates, they are bonuses, and therefore not covered by what our $10 pays for. If EA said tomorrow "There will be no more anniversary items given besides skill locks marking account ages from here on out" I'd back them 100% as justified based on the prevailing attitude here lately.

G

As Monkeybear said on another post (pictures and screenshots, The Spankin' New Objets! Thread post), ....

From the wiki:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Surprise! Cannon...when shot, this cannon shoots streamers and sparkles! Everybody in the room has their fun go up. Any sim that is not busy on an object claps excitedly and points.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF the cannons are indeed an anniversary gift, according to the wiki, they will be very different from the cannons that were given out as promotions a few years ago.

M

mariotso

<blockquote><hr>

Im saddened by the lack of original thought that went into this gift, that's all I'm gonna say about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.

M

Monkeybear

<blockquote><hr>

As Monkeybear said on another post (pictures and screenshots, The Spankin' New Objets! Thread post), ....

From the wiki:

Surprise! Cannon...when shot, this cannon shoots streamers and sparkles! Everybody in the room has their fun go up. Any sim that is not busy on an object claps excitedly and points.

IF the cannons are indeed an anniversary gift, according to the wiki, they will be very different from the cannons that were given out as promotions a few years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep that was the original plan but now they are just like normal cannons.

G

Thanks Fire, I'd missed that post on the Wiki. Looks like they did put some work into it even though the 'skin' is the same except for recoloring, it serves a different function entirely! How cool, a cannon that sims won't be pissed off (pun intended
) to return from semi-afk skilling to see someone has used on them! LMAO

G

Actually,frogger, the pet statue is from the offline game, too. It is what you get when you kill a pet.....which lead to some funny misundertandings in the online game.

D

dinaj

they should at least tatter your clothes and leave you full of dust and ashes, with al sharptons haido. I personally never liked the peeing it got old fast for me.

M

Meggers

When are we supposed to be getting our gifts? I am due my 4th and 5th year gift.

M

Meggers

My guess, as soon as I close the last of my accounts.
-------------------------------------

LMAO, I had the same thought.

I

IndigoSpin

<font color="purple"><blockquote><hr>

Actually,frogger, the pet statue is from the offline game, too. It is what you get when you kill a pet.....which lead to some funny misundertandings in the online game.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're different, actually. The one year pet statues are unique to TSO.

The only anniversary gift not unique to the online game is the campfire. But it does differ from the offline version because it's buggy, which is the hallmark of TSO. :p
</font>

M

Monkeybear

I'd rather have something from the offline that the plaque and cannon, like the sky diving pod or scuba diving tank.

I'm sure they would have took a lot less longer and they would be even more fun.