• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

4 to 5 bil gold reward for lost dragon

Deimos

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dragons are the new UO castles, I remember the days castles in UO used to go for $1000+, large towers for $400+
Still a bit disturbing that people pay that much for a dragon, though lol

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the other hand, sort of tempts you to start farming dragons again instead of hatching turtles, doesn't it? :confused2:
you will not find anything better then a 4.4 now a days I believe.
Turtle dragons what is the best? Does anyone have one better then a 4.4?

Last edited:

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
you will not find anything better then a 4.4 now a days I believe.
Turtle dragons what is the best? Does anyone have one better then a 4.4?
You think something changed in the way dragons spawn now compared to before? I hadn't heard that, thought it wouldn't surprise me

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Dragons are the new UO castles, I remember the days castles in UO used to go for $1000+, large towers for $400+
Still a bit disturbing that people pay that much for a dragon, though lol
When I see things like this and I remember people spends tons of real money on UO it makes me realize I kind of want to quit UO. I mean people can do whatever they want with their money, but just to think that I could sell all my stuff in game (including accouns) plus gold for more than $5000, makes me cringe. Come on people... a dragon is not worth that much... just go out and find another one closer to that... I have a 4.2 dragon I tamed myself and it is really powerful and it does just fine!!! I think, as long as your GD is above 3.7 (with good resists, hits and wrestling) you'll be perfectly fine. But again, people do with their money what they want, and I am not here to judge.

It is my personal opinion though, it makes me kind of sick how much money people are making out there selling UO stuff, and it is possibly going to be the first reason I will leave this game when I find a better one.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're going to leave a game because people spend money on it? Hmm alright..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You're going to leave a game because people spend money on it? Hmm alright..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No.. not about people... this is about me... I like PvP a lot, and there's obviously a lot of competition on PvP. The fact that people is spending a lot of money to get better and better items puts real money into the competition, which I honestly don't like on a video game. so

1) it is me who is competitive.
2) it is me who feels pressure about people getting better with real money.
3) I feel pressure of having more than $5000 on a virtual world.
4) I don't like when video game and real world get connected with such a strong bond.

So it is personal, and I don't like it. I am sure there's some people out there who don't like the fact that trading items for real money on UO is allowed, which is probably I minority. Therefore, I don't suggest things should change, I am just expressing my personal opinion on a public forum. And if things don't change, and I find something that suits what a like better, I am free to leave.

I also want to make clear again, I don't judge people who spend their real money on UO. it is their choice; whatever makes them happy. Paying $20 for a trained char, paying $15 for an expansion, or special package, that's ok. But when players make their own market, and people start spending 100s and 1000s on stuff. Takes the magic away, at least for me.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
I'm looking around for an avatar. When you google Capt. Lucky and my real life face comes up.... well I decided to work on my virtual security some lol
If you don't want to use your own face for your avatar, you could always use someone else's...

RGCL.png

:grin:

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you don't want to use your own face for your avatar, you could always use someone else's...

:grin:
OK, I'll reveal a little personal story here after that pic of Ricky Jervais. I got a new supervisor about two years ago, and I thought he looked exactly like Ricky Gervais in the above photo, so I started thinking of him of Ricky Gervais. Of course when I mentioned to him, he said no way, so I didn't mention it out loud again. Then I started seeing the Capt. Lucky avatar and switched my supervisor's name in my head to Capt. Lucky. Hah, hah! Guess we all have dopplegangers out there.

MM/MINT

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I myself have a 4.6 Red Dragon Named "Diablo" I have had him for a very long time. Back a year or so Diablo and the dragon listed above have fought it too forever to end. See the problem is when they are that high greaters tend to spam mass heal on themselves so it takes much longer. Also I vent seen many higher end dragons in a a long time. I have lored lots hoping to get something over 4.5 but always fall short.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a hard and fast rule....never have good ****....and then no one wants to hack me to steal it !!! :)
Oh, you think too highly of humankind. I am sure there are plenty out there who will steal your bad **** all day long, given an opportunity.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've tamed a 4.7 GD before years ago in Tram Destard on Napa. I stupidly started training his Resist/DEX on Spectral Spellbinders before he even bonded, with 9 of them surrounding and beating on him. I started surfing Stratics, forgot i was even training a GD, and came back just in time to see that 4.7 GD laying dead on the ground...unbonded.

Again, if someone logs into your account by whatever means, and drops your house, empties your banks , and sells your pets, you weren't hacked. You were stupid.
Not always. EA's end has been hacked before, with the hackers getting ahold of account info and credit card numbers. Just look up "Fraudulent FIFA 15 purchases" for an example of Origin getting hacked.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Was everything on the Account deleted, if so they may have just deleted the char holding this and it is gone sad to say.

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I think I still have my 4.6 greater... Paid like 30mil for it a few years ago. No 4.8s though sadly. Decadence or Julieanna on Atlantic may have a 4.8?