• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

4 to 5 bil gold reward for lost dragon

Stiga

Visitor
A dragon was stolen from an account of a friend of mine. I am posting this in hopes that somewhere out there she still exists. She is a brown dragon 983 HP, 125 Stam, 587 mana, 627 str, 125 dex, 587 int, with resists of 84% physical, 90% fire, 55% cold, 56% poison, 75% energy. Skills of wrestling -123.3 , tactics 108.8, resisting spells -114.9 , magery 123.0 and the standard 100 in eval med and anat. There will be no questions asked simply the return of the dragon is all that is wanted. The reward for finding this lost dragon will be 4 billion gold or 5 billion if someone were to find the dragon before Christmas. I appreciate any and all help in this important matter. ICQ contact 652453377

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If this is the dragon I think it is, I will also contribute to reward.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would also like to know how do you steal a players dragon.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's not cool. You know people always tell me "It's just Pixels". But it's not. It wounds every bit as much as if someone broke into your RL home and went through you things and took stuff.

I am sorry to hear about this. And if I hear of anything I'd let you know but I don't really play on Atl... The person responsible I do hope is found and removed from OU.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Geesh this is like someone going through your undie drawer! not cool.... and stealing your kitty or puppy.
I ask what shard and date and time of theft... possible name of dragon? some idiots dont change them they just sell to the unsuspecting ....

OK lets deal with facts..
1.) if the dragon was sold or given away the new owner will not unstable it for a week to 10 days to bond it. ***** I dont want to be a down dora but there is a possibility that the animal was let go or distroyed... if the hacker is a mean turkey*** So be prepared for the worse and hope for the best.
2.) Have you contacted Mesanna on this? I assume you retrieved your account ... bare if anything is my guess... I am not sure if this can be traced but the offending ip might be logged inthe system.
3.) try to locate anything of your posessions with your name on them in any vendor... I know it sounds weird but if that vendor has something you can pin to your account the vendor owner just might be this idiot or know the idiot who broke in. Things with personal blesses do wonders for tracing... as they carry your account id #.

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish the devs would at least try to encourage good password usage. As you have to enter it everytime to even switch a character, I dont want to know how many accounts are proteced by passwords like "kitty".

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im sorry i gotta ask is this for real? You want to find one dragon out of thousands, 1st they all look the same, 2nd 100's of them will have the same stats. 3rd just go tame a new one, 4th what makes it worth 3- 4 bill?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
not knowing the circumstances that is a LOT of gold to pay for a GD.

couple nights of farming Destard you could probably replace that with the same.

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not knowing the circumstances that is a LOT of gold to pay for a GD.

couple nights of farming Destard you could probably replace that with the same.
It's a 4.8 dragon, they do not seem so easy to come by. I also think there is sentimental value to the dragon as well.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only one who can help with this will be @Mesanna . There will be a 'trace' of what happened to that dragon.
As for being hacked? How many times do we have to tell people to change passwords regularly, not give out info, don't download crappy apps, etc.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How was the account hacked? Did somebody else have the login details? Did they click on a dodgy looking link in an email? Just asking so other players can make sure the same doesn't happen to them.

Pretty sad that the dev team can't / won't help out in situations like this.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Most folk I knew who were hacked either did something dumb like register for a website like Stratics using their same account information as they use for UO. REALLY Dumb... or they used their email on a forum like Stratics and that website took that and hacked their email and then just asked UO for the account info and got it from the email... (Yes scary)... or they stupidly trusted someone with their information or sold a computer to someone who used it to get their stuff...

At any rate it's not cool no matter how it was done.

And for those who have done one of those things that's dumb I can only suggest you change your email, change your password and remember NEVER use the email for your accounts ANYWHERE but for your accounts. Don't use it to buy things, don't use it to register for a forum or anything else. Use good passwords... do NOT use dumb stuff like asdfjkl; or similar... don't use your name, your pets name, your kids names. Use something that makes no sense. Don't write those down somewhere near your desk and computer... take the time to safeguard your account... and no you can NEVER be TOO careful. Be sure to keep your anti-virus up to date, be sure to have a good firewall and router... etc and keep them up to date.

But sadly if someone wants in your computer bad enough well... the only way to ensure your stuff never gets hacked is to never use the internet.

As for the Dragon I've played a Tamer for ages and Best GD I've ever gotten is a 4.2...

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Im sorry i gotta ask is this for real? You want to find one dragon out of thousands, 1st they all look the same, 2nd 100's of them will have the same stats. 3rd just go tame a new one, 4th what makes it worth 3- 4 bill?
We know all that already, but we still wanted to atleast try. This was a very high end dragon and the owner had it for a long time. You won't be finding "100's of them" like that one with a 4.8 rating which was posted about.

The only one who can help with this will be @Mesanna . There will be a 'trace' of what happened to that dragon..
Developers were not able to help. :(

possible name of dragon? some idiots dont change them they just sell to the unsuspecting ....
Name of the dragon was Athena.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If a 4.8 dragon was being sold I would have heard about it.....and coincidentally I would now own it. This had to be a very quiet sale or just a trade to another holding account.

I own the only two 4.7's I have seen.....

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Again, if someone logs into your account by whatever means, and drops your house, empties your banks , and sells your pets, you weren't hacked. You were stupid. And not to attack someone for their love of the game, but seriously !! sentimental reasons ? You friend DOES realize that he was in control of that dragon the whole time he adventured with it right ? The dragon doesn't act on its own, at least not once its tamed. :)

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Blizzard should buy UO from EA, not that would ever happen but one could dream, had my WoW account stolen one time, not only did they find the person who did it, but i got everything back that was taken. Out of all the the MMO's i have played UO does have the worst customer service out of all of them. And to the person who lost their dragon, very good chance it was bye someone they knew and there is a very high possibly they just released the dragon.

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Blizzard should buy UO from EA, not that would ever happen but one could dream, had my WoW account stolen one time, not only did they find the person who did it, but i got everything back that was taken. Out of all the the MMO's i have played UO does have the worst customer service out of all of them. And to the person who lost their dragon, very good chance it was bye someone they knew and there is a very high possibly they just released the dragon.
I'm going to agree with you on this. My account WoW account was hacked, Blizzard fixed it in 15 min and gave me 3 days free to check everything over. The account was closed at the time. I do not know all the details that happened with the dragon, I just think 4-5 billion gold should be enough to get it back.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First off Not always is it the accounts owners fault.
I have heard of things being an inside job.... like one of the family who got tired of the time and money used to play.
One such person's step daughter gave away everything and deleted all the characters...then denyed she had touched it.. using the i dont know how to play routine to cover her tracks.....sadly this happens alot. Family can be mean and decietfull if they feel your neglecting them or have done something to upset them.
Second if it was by a outsider.... you can bet your bottom dollar that 4.8 is in hand....It has worth. I bet its on some account waiting for the time when a dragon of such rareity wont be noticed being sold. Fast Gold for other items but that dragon if sold the new owner might not read stratics or care that it was stolen property.
Thats if it hasnt been sold by a non-tamer as just another animal.
Or worse yet transfered off shard to a waiting buyer.
Hackers do strange things.
I for one do not put it past someone who "fished" EA's dumb bunny help for that accounts info.
As that this dragons #s are so high have you looked in the sales pits on mag?

Stiga

Visitor
I appreciate all the replies. Please know that Merlin is very correct and this is very real. We have scoured many servers time and time again. As for there being hundreds, the odds of an identical GD down to the stats that is a 4.8 are in the 1 to millions ratio category. There may be others ranked out there as high but one with identical stats, resists and skills is as likely to exist as a winning powerball ticket. There is a reason I set the reward where I did. Because if there is to even be a sliver of a chance it must be so. I am not joking around, find this dragon and the reward is yours. At this point I do not even care what happened there will be no questions asked we just want it back and are solidly prepared for the fact that some malicious person may have already released it. This is the last best effort that I believe can be given if it is to be found I now know no other way.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I think if someone stripped all 3 of my accounts to the bone I don't think they would get one billion ;) UO is lovely, the victim is to blame, I guess we should build a statue to the hacker? Any account here could be hacked if someone with the skills wanted to take the time to do it. And it wouldn't take *that* much time.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
its hard to believe there is 'anonymous' hacking these days. 99% of the people i know that were hacked were done so by someone they knew who had been given the account name and password.

15 years ago it was commonplace for people to use all sorts of exploits to hack anyone they could. but i doubt it goes on much these days.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think if someone stripped all 3 of my accounts to the bone I don't think they would get one billion [BCOLOR=rgb(16, 16, 16)];)[/BCOLOR] UO is lovely, the victim is to blame, I guess we should build a statue to the hacker? Any account here could be hacked if someone with the skills wanted to take the time to do it. And it wouldn't take *that* much time.
Unfortunately I feel the most effective security meassure is to make sure nobody ever knows your account name. Beyond that one is pretty lost :D

Stiga

Visitor
Sadly often this can occur from someone who has known the account or account holder. At this point there is no way to point or prove anything. The only thing to be done is to be overly careful about your account name and update your password every so often and make sure it has letters numbers upper lower case and special characters. This may or may not be anonymous but I assure you the reward money for recovery of this dragon is very real. Thank you all for your concern and efforts.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've known of folk getting Hacked over pixels. They had some uber rares and someone wanted them. So they took them.

I've known wives to do horrible things like "Oh I thought he was done playing that game." So she went in and deleted everything. Don't be fooled this was a "I hate that **** game and I wanted to make sure he never wanted to go back to it again." move.

And EA has ALWAYS held the stance that if you get hacked you somehow did something wrong to deserve it. Like you used a hack or cheat to do it. They don't realize that if a hacker wants your stuff... they are going to get it. Or if someone with enough money wants what you have they will find someone to get it for them, whether you want to sell to them or not.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lots of people have my account info. I've been waiting to be "hacked" so I can stop paying the $13..hasn't happened yet! :( maybe by the time I get home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If anyone has any other suggestions what-so-ever, they are much appreciated. We are well aware it is a long shot to find, but where there is a will there's a way. We will follow up on any idea suggested.

Regarding the hacking/unauthorized access... everything that has been said is common knowledge, i.e. changing passwords, not giving out account name, and so forth. However, I hope it can be understood that we didn't want to turn this thread into fleshing out the details of this particular 'hack' job, but rather to focus on getting this dragon back, if at all possible. It would be appreciated if further posts focused on that, rather than discussion of account security.

I appreciate all the replies. Please know that Merlin is very correct and this is very real. We have scoured many servers time and time again. As for there being hundreds, the odds of an identical GD down to the stats that is a 4.8 are in the 1 to millions ratio category. There may be others ranked out there as high but one with identical stats, resists and skills is as likely to exist as a winning powerball ticket. There is a reason I set the reward where I did. Because if there is to even be a sliver of a chance it must be so. I am not joking around, find this dragon and the reward is yours. At this point I do not even care what happened there will be no questions asked we just want it back and are solidly prepared for the fact that some malicious person may have already released it. This is the last best effort that I believe can be given if it is to be found I now know no other way.
Well said. Your efforts are admirable and noble. Keep me posted and let me know if I can help any further.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tried spamming at the banks and in chat that you are looking to buy a Dragon at 4.5 or higher? This might bring the perp out of hiding if he sees a quick sale

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
its hard to believe there is 'anonymous' hacking these days. 99% of the people i know that were hacked were done so by someone they knew who had been given the account name and password.

15 years ago it was commonplace for people to use all sorts of exploits to hack anyone they could. but i doubt it goes on much these days.
There is a great deal of anonymous hacking. While in the cases that you are aware of perhaps 99% of them were stolen from by those they knew, that is not the norm.

Want to avoid someone getting your account info or at minimum make it very VERY difficult?

1. As many have said Never give someone your login info.
2. Choose a alpha-numeric password at least 9 characters long (don't be lazy with your password. I tend to use 2-3 words as my password with numbers mixed in. For example I once used yukon31woody)
3. Change your passwords frequently.
4. Don't reuse login info for multiple sites. It's tough remembering all those passwords but if you want to cut down on your risk of being hacked this is a must.
5. Security question? Never actually answer what it asks. For example, if the security question is mothers maiden name I would use german shepherd as the correct response.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lots of people have my account info. I've been waiting to be "hacked" so I can stop paying the $13..hasn't happened yet! :( maybe by the time I get home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PM me your details and I'll make sure you never want to play again

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyways, is it 4 or 5 billion? I dont want to waste my time.. :p

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can we get a date range of when this happened? are we talking recently or some time in the past and it was just now recognized?

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Side question: what calculator are you using that gives that dragon the 4.8?
Not doubting the rating, I just want to check mine as it's a red colored dragon that is very close to the stats of the screen shot.

Thanks

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a friend offered another friend $2000 US dollars for a 4.8 (using UO Craft) six months ago. He turned it down.

I'm very sorry that you lost that dragon I know how upset I would be.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
a friend offered another friend $2000 US dollars for a 4.8 (using UO Craft) six months ago. He turned it down.

I'm very sorry that you lost that dragon I know how upset I would be.
$2000 for a freakin dragon??? How much better is a 4.8 compared to a 4??

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depends. They're definitely more durable, at the very least. My main greater is a 4.3 on UOCraft (that I lucked into one day in Fel Destard) and it's a freaking beast. Stats 602/125/524 and 957 HP. Skills 126 Wrestle/114.1 Tactics/107.1 Resist/112.7 Magery, and 83/89/45/56/66 resists. The highest I've seen is 4.6 on Lake Superior, and there are maybe 3 of them (that I can recall offhand.) To see anything in the 4.7-5.0 range is likely incredibly difficult, although I'm sure there are some out there.

If I were willing to sell it, I would guess that my greater would probably go for 75m-80m minimum.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that you lost that dragon I know how upset I would be.
We fought a 4.8 vs a 4.7 twice. The 4.8 had about 25% life left both times with no buffs or anything on either.
Also did a 4.8 vs 4.6 once and his had about 30 to 35% life left but I didn't allow mine to die.
i never done a 4.0 vs a top end dragon but it would be creamed. I would guess 2/3's life left on the top end dragon.

his 4.8 is max resist minus one in poison I think.

The top end dragons are far superior. But when it comes right down to it for that kind of money it's a matter of show.

The turtles are very interesting a 3.5 turtle trained vs the 4.8 is a hit or miss. Some times it actually will beat the greater dragon other times is loses really bad. I don't get it. Over all I believe the greater dragons will win most of the time because of their fire breath. But more experiments need to be made.

My question. Has anyone ever gotten any dragon larger then a 4.4 in the past few years from the wild? We train them all the time on a number of different servers and 4.4 is the largest we have ever seen in years.

Last edited: