• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

4/6 chiv faster casting than 2/6 magery?

M

MrMiagi

Will a chivalry user with 3/6 or 4/6 cast spells such as close wounds and cleansing flame faster than a 2/6 mage can cast greater heal and cure?

M

MrMiagi

Another quick question that i'll stick into this thread, i found this quote from the faq in the tailoring forum.

"Each arcane charge on the arcane clothing allows the person who wears it to cast 1 spell of choice - no matter which level spell it is."

This means I could successfully cast ressurect with 0 magery by using arcane clothing?

C

Connor_Graham

"This means I could successfully cast ressurect with 0 magery by using arcane clothing?"

No, it means you don't have to have any reagents or an LRC suit to cast it. You still have to have the appropriate skill.

K

Kith Kanan

cast speed does not only depends on you fc/fcr but also on the ACTUALY cast speed of the spell , but in the case of your Q , yes close wounds will be faster.

And NO to the next Q , arcane gear works like LRC gear with fixed number of charges , LRC gear does not let you cast magery spells with no magery skill does it ??

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Will a chivalry user with 3/6 or 4/6 cast spells such as close wounds and cleansing flame faster than a 2/6 mage can cast greater heal and cure?

[/ QUOTE ]

Greater Heal:
Fc0 7ticks/1.75sec
Fc2 5ticks/1.25sec

Close Wound:
Fc0 7ticks/1.75sec
Fc2 5ticks/1.25sec
Fc4 3ticks/0.75sec

At Fc4 close would is MUCH faster than Gheal. It's as fast as 2nd circle magery spells, that's as fast as mage cure.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Greater Heal:
Fc0 7ticks/1.75sec
Fc2 5ticks/1.25sec

Close Wound:
Fc0 7ticks/1.75sec
Fc2 5ticks/1.25sec
Fc4 3ticks/0.75sec

At Fc4 close would is MUCH faster than Gheal. It's as fast as 2nd circle magery spells, that's as fast as mage cure.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, would a tamer be better off using Chiv for close wounds than Magery for Greater Heal?

M

MrMiagi

For healing what, yourself or your pet? Close wounds doesn't heal for quite as much as greater heal, from my experience close wounds heals for about 37 with high karma and magery at 106 heals for about 45-47.

I

imported_Anakena

<blockquote><hr>

So, would a tamer be better off using Chiv for close wounds than Magery for Greater Heal?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is another factor : distance. You must be close to your target in order to heal with chivalry. Most tamers will have magery as they can then use also, on top of that, some artifacts like the swords of prosperity.

G

Plus if you have 80.0+ Magery, your FC is capped at 2, even for Chiv. This was implemented to nerf the nearly unkillable Chiv Mages. Back when they could use 4 FC, if you hit them, they could cast a Close Wounds in 0.75 Secs, healing 30s damage, enough to heal the damage your AI did, and the max swing speed is 1.25 secs. If you poisoned them, they could almost instantly cure it with Cleanse By Fire. If you hit them with a Mortal Strike to keep them from healing, they could almost instantly remove it with Remove Curse.
They were really overpowered when SE first came out. Parry/Mages with Bushido and Chiv were unkillable if they knew what they were doing. Was no DEX requirement on Parry or timer on Evasion. They could keep Evasion up all the time, thus blocking a large amount of attacks/spells, plus any damage you did to them was almost instantly healed.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Plus if you have 80.0+ Magery, your FC is capped at 2, even for Chiv. This was implemented to nerf the nearly unkillable Chiv Mages. Back when they could use 4 FC, if you hit them, they could cast a Close Wounds in 0.75 Secs, healing 30s damage, enough to heal the damage your AI did, and the max swing speed is 1.25 secs. If you poisoned them, they could almost instantly cure it with Cleanse By Fire. If you hit them with a Mortal Strike to keep them from healing, they could almost instantly remove it with Remove Curse.
They were really overpowered when SE first came out. Parry/Mages with Bushido and Chiv were unkillable if they knew what they were doing. Was no DEX requirement on Parry or timer on Evasion. They could keep Evasion up all the time, thus blocking a large amount of attacks/spells, plus any damage you did to them was almost instantly healed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now the table has turned. Dexers/archers with healing + chiv if played right is unkillable. If you hit them, they could cast a Close Wounds in 0.75 Secs, healing 30s damage, enough to heal the damage your Energy Bolt did, and the max casting speed is 1.75 secs. If you poisoned them, they could almost instantly cure it with Cleanse By Fire. If you hit them with a Mortal Strike, Strangle, Curse, Weaken, Corpse Skin, to keep them from healing and lower their resists, they could almost instantly remove it with Remove Curse.

People has a misconcption about Close Would only able to heal 31 damage which is not completely true. At 120 chiv and level 5 karma you can easily close wound for 39 to 41 damage but that's not needed since with 40 chiv and lv5 karma you can close wound for 31, which is still double of what mages can hit for with two lighting/3 harms/many many magic arrows. AND heals equal amount for bolt/explosion. If a dexer let mage get off anything higher than a lighting spell, the dexer isnt playing his char right. PLUS on top of the godly speed of dexer chiv heals they have bandages that heals for 45+ on a full run, and lighting damage isnt enough to slip your finger, and if you're running the mage cant poison you let alone the "instant cleanse" you have at your disposal.

G

If the char has alot of MR/LMC on them, then yeah, Warriors are capable of that. A Necro/Mage could still hit them with a Evil Omen+Mana Vampire and completely consume all the Warrior's Mana, even if the Warrior has 120.0 Resist.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And you are letting the mage getting of 7th circle spell because???? You really shouldnt unless if you were AFK. If the warrior has 120 resist as you stated, only way to mana vamp him is to evil omen then mana vamp. This means the mana vamp cant be pre-cast. If a worrior is letting a mage getting of evil omen + mana vamp, he might as well stay in tram.

Your arguments do not stand in today's pvp. Mage got their 4/6 taken away while a well made dexers can have multiple ways to heal. Many dexers has 4 way heals. 4/6 close wound+bandage+confidence+pots. And 3 out of their 4 way heals can be done on a full run. If you stop for 0.75sec you get a heal boost of 30-40 "near instantly".

It's obvious that you dont play a mage. While necro mage can still hold off most dexers pretty well, but mana vamp is NEVER a valid choice, unless the dexer is running zero resist, and the mage can precast that mana vamp. Otherwise, any half decent dexer can stop a mage from casting mana vamp.

Truth is if a dexer knows when to run with 3/4 way heals, they shouldnt die ever, just like when mage had 4/6 chiv. Actually when mage had 4/6 chiv warriors did too. They made this overpowered 4/6 exclusive for dexers. To quote yourself 4/6 close wound/cleanse/remove is overpowered, and why all of a sudden these "facts" stated by yourself dont apply to your own class?

Ask any real pvp necromages, the only reason we are still dropping dexers is because they got co-cky, and tried to stick (because they can usually drop a mage in 2 to 3 hits with a corssbow) when they should've ran away and heal. I play Necromage/Scribemage and a 4-way healing archer btw. So if you are still getting dropped by mages next time think about it and play conservatively.

Personally, when I am playing my archers no mages can ever kill me and I rarely need to use my overpowered 4/6 heals. For the mobility, I just bandage and confidence most of the time so I never have to stop with occasional "instant" cleanse/remove curse.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

If the char has alot of MR/LMC on them, then yeah, Warriors are capable of that. A Necro/Mage could still hit them with a Evil Omen+Mana Vampire and completely consume all the Warrior's Mana, even if the Warrior has 120.0 Resist.

[/ QUOTE ]

At 120 eval vs zero resist, mana vamp leeches, around 40 mana. 120eval vs 120 resist, it leeches zero.

With 120 resist, a 120 eval mage AFTER evil omen will leech you for 20ish mana, that's 20 mana for a STANDING STILL time of over 2 second (omen + mapa vamp takes at least two seconds). AND you are letting the mage casting 7th circle spell at well why why why???

And you are running lower than 20 mana because????? (you said one omen mana vamp will take a warrior's 120 resist mana pool to zero)
If that's what you're implying. YOU nerfed yourself if you are running 20 mana pool(which isnt possible), while the average dexer can have at least 80.

G

91 Mana/40% LMC on my Macer with 110.0 Resist. A Necro/Mage cast Evil Omen+Mana Vampire on me and it ate ALL 91 of my Mana for some reason. Plus that 120 Eval and Mana Vamp against someone with 0.0 Resist eating only 40 Mana is incorrect. A Mana Vamp on my Samurai/Swordsman who has no Resist besides JoAT Resist will eat all 74 of his Mana. And for "letting" him get off a 7th level spell, kinda hard to disrupt a Mage when they speedhack and i don't. Nowadays to keep up and disrupt most Mages consistently, you gotta speedhack, which i absolutely refuse to use cheats to win.