• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] 4/6 Casting on an Archer

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm working on a Spellweaving-Archer build. This is a non-faction char. What do you think is the best way to fit 4/6 FC/FCR on the suit and bow?

I'm thinking:
- Ornament of the Magi (FC 2; FCR 3)
- Imbued Ring (FC 1; FCR 3)
- Bow (FC 1)

Would you do it another way? Say with Night Eyes (FCR 3), Inquisitor's (FCR 3), Venom (FC 2, FCR 1), or other items?

Thanks! Just making sure I'm not missing something.

-OBSIDIAN-

C

Cloak&Dagger

I'm working on a Spellweaving-Archer build. This is a non-faction char. What do you think is the best way to fit 4/6 FC/FCR on the suit and bow?

I'm thinking:
- Ornament of the Magi (FC 2; FCR 3)
- Imbued Ring (FC 1; FCR 3)
- Bow (FC 1)

Would you do it another way? Say with Night Eyes (FCR 3), Inquisitor's (FCR 3), Venom (FC 2, FCR 1), or other items?

Thanks! Just making sure I'm not missing something.

-OBSIDIAN-
Thats the Way I would go. But then you need all your bows to have FC 1, essentially taking up an entire prop you could use something else there?

I can not think of another way I would go, mostly because I would need to sit down and really plan what I wanted in the suit and weapons before I could take the approach of what to use where.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, I cannot think of a good way to get FC 4 on an archer without putting FC 1 on the bow. The only things I can think of is to pair the Orny with either: 1) Djinni's Ring (with FC 2), or 2) the Helm of Swiftness (FC 1; FCR 2) and a ring with FC 1 on it. Neither of those options are appealing as there are better choices in both the head and ring slots to fill out other needed mods on the suit. I figured devoting 1 of my 5 weapon mods to FC 1 was my best option.

Are there any other pieces of armor (not including shields) that have FC 1 on them that I am missing?

I guess the follow-up is whether FC 3/FCR 6 is acceptable in PvM and to use the fifth mod on the weapon for something else?

-OBSIDIAN-

C

Cloak&Dagger

Yeah, I cannot think of a good way to get FC 4 on an archer without putting FC 1 on the bow. The only things I can think of is to pair the Orny with either: 1) Djinni's Ring (with FC 2), or 2) the Helm of Swiftness (FC 1; FCR 2) and a ring with FC 1 on it. Neither of those options are appealing as there are better choices in both the head and ring slots to fill out other needed mods on the suit. I figured devoting 1 of my 5 weapon mods to FC 1 was my best option.

Are there any other pieces of armor (not including shields) that have FC 1 on them that I am missing?

I guess the follow-up is whether FC 3/FCR 6 is acceptable in PvM and to use the fifth mod on the weapon for something else?

-OBSIDIAN-
I have not tried it in awhile but I would assume 3/6 casting is acceptable, but that answer is completely up to the person playing the character and how comfortable they are. I can not think of anything else with fc on it right now other than shields. I wouldn't invest to much in a weapon at first, or maybe pick 4 mods you have to have and then later decide if you need fc1 or another mod would work better for you. I would go with this option to test how you feel about fc3.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks to imbuing I can test out running with FC on the bow or not. I'm going to run as a wraith so I will probably end up with FC and no HML when the mobs have a big mana pool (i.e. Slasher) and use the no FC bow with HML when imy target is mana deficient.

-OBSIDIAN-

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor