• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

3rd Annual 99 Cent Eat-ATHON

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It's that time of year again when a bunch of us load into a car
and sample the valley's finest 99 Cent/$1 Menu's at area fast food restaurants. This time honored tradition was started by a bunch of bored teenagers back in the spring of 2002. We hopped into my 1988 Ford Festiva and ate at every fast food restaurant within a 15 mile radius that offered a 99 Cent/$1 Menu. At each stop you purchased one item to enjoy. By the end of the journey, your stomach should be so full that it can't take it anymore. Back when the event started we were very low budget and had nothing but to tell our friends of this conquest. Now that we've got it going back on an annual basis, we have raised additional funds. This year we have purchased (4) Car Magnets with our logo as well as T-Shirts for all of the participants. These are still at the graphic company, but should arrive within 14 days.

This event was also in cooperation with the Small Water-THON. This event was basically the same as the EAT-ATHON, except the goal was to collect as many cups as possible by simply ordering a small water. This request is no charge at most restaurants. The Small Water-THON has remained dormant, and no such plans have been made to start it again.​

With the additional time planning we have worked up a quick and simple website that can be found here. You can find our planned stops and also pictures from the event that will be posted at a later date after the event. Tentatively this event will take place on June 6th, 2009. If you or someone you know would like to add your own local 99 Cent Eat-ATHON event and have questions feel free to email us at: [email protected]

:D

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nerd!

kidding. I'm actually jealous. I used to do corny stuff like this with my friends when I was younger.

L

Little Sadie

LMAO! Elga, your posts make me laugh just by reading the title. That sounds like an awesome adventure. I am jealous!

C

Crazy Fireball

Omg, i thought this was some mad up thing but no its real! Im shocked!

Wow are you doing this?

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Omg, i thought this was some mad up thing but no its real! Im shocked!

Wow are you doing this?
Of course it's real, I'm a co-founder of the event! These companies have these el cheapo menu items to get you there to purchase the more expensive things. But not at this event. It's kind of a like a garden tour, except you get to eat tasty food and not look at flowers. :thumbsup:

C

Crazy Fireball

Of course it's real, I'm a co-founder of the event! These companies have these el cheapo menu items to get you there to purchase the more expensive things. But not at this event. It's kind of a like a garden tour, except you get to eat tasty food and not look at flowers. :thumbsup:
Not everyone calls it tasty food, lol.

I Call it a heart-attack.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed it will be fun! I received my package with our car magnets and T-Shirts today, they turned out Awesome!

:danceb:

L

Little Sadie

Hey Elga when are you heading to AC again? I will be there Sunday and Monday staying at the Borgata. Roulette here I come!:danceb:

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This Sunday and Monday? My original plan was to come down in like three weeks to use my mystery slot dollars, but I got nothing else going on this week! I'll come down if you are going to be there, me got free rooms now! I was actually just in AC this last weekend with my parents. With the Trump players promotion I got $50 in free play to still use at Trump Marina. $12 in Comps from my last visit, $30 in promo comps, and I think like $6 in slot dollars at Borgata. Let me know! :danceb:

L

Little Sadie

I am coming in Sunday around noon. We are heading over to Trump for the day before checking in at the Borgata around dinner time. We will be playing at the Borgata til we leave around 5pm on Monday. Everyone should head on down! We could have a Stratics meet! I will be the one drinking heavily. LOL! I can't wait to get there!

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am coming in Sunday around noon. We are heading over to Trump for the day before checking in at the Borgata around dinner time. We will be playing at the Borgata til we leave around 5pm on Monday. Everyone should head on down! We could have a Stratics meet! I will be the one drinking heavily. LOL! I can't wait to get there!
East Coast Stratics Meet and Greet!
Sounds good, I'll look for the woman who is drinking heavily then...lol I will probably get there sometime in the afternoon. I booked two nights, so I'm staying till Tuesday morning. Cya Sunday then! :D

L

Little Sadie

Two nights? Nice! I can't afford to gamble for 3 days in a row. My husband would kill me. LOL! I am bringing my mom, her old lady friend, and my daughter. This is her birthday trip. So look for 3 old ladies and young pretty girl. We can set up a time to meet somewhere like in the Borgata portico under that wild looking glass sculpture. I am not sure how early we are getting over to the Borgata but know we will be there by 6pm. Maybe we can meet at 7pm Sunday? Let me know.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two nights? Nice! I can't afford to gamble for 3 days in a row. My husband would kill me. LOL! I am bringing my mom, her old lady friend, and my daughter. This is her birthday trip, just turned 26. So look for 3 old ladies and young pretty girl. We can set up a time to meet somewhere like in the Borgata portico under that wild looking glass sculpture. I am not sure how early we are getting over to the Borgata but know we will be there by 6pm. Maybe we can meet at 7pm Sunday? Let me know.
Haha I'm being a lightweight gambler! 7pm sounds fine with me. You mean this funky glass sculpture:

I'll have a Phillies/ChaCha Hat and probably a red ChaCha shirt.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread is back on track about the 99 Cent Eat-ATHON. The epic event will take place tomorrow. 75 Degrees and Sunny weather is forecast. Today we had some rain, which made mud. The inside of the Eat-ATHON MOBILE is cleaned, but the outside will need a car washing before the magnets can be applied. Stay tuned to the Eat-Athon website for the latest photos from the event!

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 3rd Annual 99 Cent Eat-ATHON was a Huge Success!
Most actually read our business card and were checking us out. The Burger King manager wanted to know more and made the comment "More Power to Ya". The last McDonalds stop the chick actually handed our card back with the change, how rude! The link to the photos is now Live on our website.
A direct link to the photos can be found here.

Cya in 2010! :dunce:

L

Little Sadie

Sounds like you had a great time! I bet you are sick of fast food for a while. LOL!

C

Crazy Fireball

The 3rd Annual 99 Cent Eat-ATHON was a Huge Success!
Most actually read our business card and were checking us out. The Burger King manager wanted to know more and made the comment "More Power to Ya". The last McDonalds stop the chick actually handed our card back with the change, how rude! The link to the photos is now Live on our website.
A direct link to the photos can be found here.

Cya in 2010! :dunce:

Lol if i ate that much i'd throw up.

Glad you had fun.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm.. followup questions..

1. Why?
2. Were your hands touching while you touched the tail light?

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm.. followup questions..

1. Why?
2. Were your hands touching while you touched the tail light?
1. Out of respect for the guy beside me, I figured touching my car instead of his back would be the correct choice.

2. No, I believe his hand was touching right above the taillight sort of on the upper plastic piece above.

Any other questions Judge Judy? lol

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not convinced. I'd like to call the 2nd guy to the stand. :danceb:

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not convinced. I'd like to call the 2nd guy to the stand. :danceb:
I consulted the man code, this is the closest I could find on the issue..

46. If you accidentally touch or brush against any part of another man below the waist, it is an understood accident, and NO apologies or any reference to the occurrence is necessary.
In this situation, as it was not necessary to touch in this particular situation, the correct move is to seek an alternative surface.

This goes right along with the Urinal Rules.

:thumbsup: