• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

$337 Million Jackpot

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I'd pay our MEs. Really. :(

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I bought UO,the players that mainly play tamers would end up quiting with what I'd do with that template.
There are plenty of things I would love to do to the game, but it would mainly be to secure the games future for me.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are plenty of things I would love to do to the game, but it would mainly be to secure the games future for me.
My main focus with UO,if I ever owned rights to the game,would be to create more of an "Indiana Jones" feel to it. Much more depth to treasure hunting and events ncluded into it that would not always lead to hack and slash fighting all the time.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Buying UO and making drastic changes to it would be a lot worse than leaving it as it is.
People don't like change, and they especially don't like change to things they like.
Your better bet would be to fund development into a new sandbox MMO.

As for me, I'd put maybe 10mil of it in savings, as a buffer, because losing everything is always a possibility.
Less than a million would go towards getting myself a modest place in a nice area (no mansions, no fancy cars, no pools).
Half of what remained would be invested. After personal bills and food, the rest would go to things like homeless shelters and schools.
As for the remaining half, going "all in" is a good way to lose your "all", which means the returns stop, and so do the donations.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Much more depth to treasure hunting and events ncluded into it that would not always lead to hack and slash fighting all the time.
Yeah I'd like to see something new with treasure hunts. Good call. Maybe Indiana Jones style clues that would eventually lead to some uber stuff.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
As for me, I'd put maybe 10mil of it in savings, as a buffer, because losing everything is always a possibility.
Less than a million would go towards getting myself a modest place in a nice area (no mansions, no fancy cars, no pools).
Half of what remained would be invested. After personal bills and food, the rest would go to things like homeless shelters and schools.
As for the remaining half, going "all in" is a good way to lose your "all", which means the returns stop, and so do the donations.
What about airfare to visit me? :D

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pay for everything with straight cash homey.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK enough about UO...this is OT afterall. One post about games in OT gives me one free post about politics :p

Last edited:

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Set up my own game studio and offer a nice employment contract to all the amazing people that helped me produce games in the past and received far too little compensation for that.

Fund a lot of scientific projects that deal with unraveling the inner workings of people's brains and the development of brain-computer interfaces. Need to be able to digitize all of a person's brain in my lifetime, grrr. Immortality, yes! And the best online games ever. :)

I'd probably buy UO and completely overhaul the game, but I'd put that new ruleset on a handful of new, fresh shards. More of a sequel I guess. And I'd develop a client with good graphics that allows tile-less movement (like diablo, baldur's gate, etc). I'd probably make it free-to-play too to draw in the crowds. Fees would still apply for perks like housing and things that might upset the economy if used en-masse by free users (arti loot, high-end BODs, high end resources). I'd make the game much less item based and bring the monster difficulty back into perspective (A dragon, lich or a demon is a very scary thing, normally you'd be killing orcs or trolls). You can play with just GM-crafted items. Stuff will degrade again (and things like damage and armor would be affected before durability gets low, encouraging frequent repairs). Arties will still exist in some form and be very powerful, but you would only be able to equip one artifact at a time, which would be the centerpiece of your gear.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That wouldn't be the worst going around about me ;)

PuyoDoom

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I think my first two purchases would be a new house and car, not to mention a ton of delicious food every night!

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My first act would be to say goodbye to my student loans.

Last edited: