• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

3 days, 130000 boards, no reward

B

BadManiac

Is it really supposed to be like this or am I exceptionally unlucky? Just came back from a break and wanted a few runics to play with, had 130K boards left so I went to town (Heartwood town). After 3 days, billions of clicks, carpal tunnel syndrom and enough bows to arm every NPC in Britannia twelve times over, I got NOTHING. Four arty recipes I already had, and not a single runic. Is this really as intended?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I feel your pain I went through the same thing and got 2 oak runics that suck and you can buy for 2-5k you would be better of selling the boards I did get a couple decent bows and a couple nice talismans but still I would rather have the boards back to sell

D

Drunk'n Masta

Yup, pretty much just how it is. For about a year I spent a hour almost every night burning threw 5k boards each time. I only go about once a week anymore when I'm in the mood for a few beers before I go pvp.

I'm sure I've gone threw a easy million boards over 6 different shards as I enjoy traveling. IMO different shards have different success rates. Lake Austin I recieved something worth keeping almost everynight. Napa on the other hand never recieved anything worth holding onto. Hopefully GL goes better for me.

Gotten maybe 15 oaks, 3 ash, 1 yew kit and to many elven furniture deeds to count. The strangest part is a freind of mine said he was going to try the quests. Two days and maybe 30k boards he got a heartwood kit. Go Figure.

Damned elves got it in for me!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
hmm wonder if being a elf gives you a bonus to your chance i dont think so that would make sense lol good thing i dont have much use for regular boards