• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2D Client house cache

Papang

Adventurer
Cache this many houses on client - Sets the number of houses that will be saved on your hard drive. This can increase client performance at the cost of disk space.

still work?
what it does exactly?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe as long as your client stays open, its for item heavy houses that you would go in and out of frequently. When I played the cc I found that my initial house loading would be somewhat dodgy, but stepping on a telly tile and leaving, and then returning was a smooth transition. I would assume it still works as designed but play the EC now and can't confirm it.

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Yes, presumably works as intended.

This defines the amount of buildings to keep cached on your local disk. The cache files (named "multicache.dat") will be written and updated per char in your personal uo settings folder and contain a list of all structural details of any customizable buildings you have come by. Probably saves the client some time to not have the house details of a known house transmitted again - a large customizable building can easily have 1500+ structural parts.