• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

25 January - match two of the Chicken League season, results now included

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a reminder, the second meeting of our 'season' will be on Monday, 25 January, 8PM UK time - as always, at the O*T arena

So far, we have five Battle Chicken lizards with their first points on the board for victories - Throbbing Gristle, Midnight, Spot,Snotklap and Nugget. However, since you score a point for each win, and the season is only one meet old, there's plenty of chance to get your pets into a winning position for the season end in mid-June, and from sales of starter kits it seems a lot of you plan to be competing!

Rules remain the same as in the past, with one slight change to betting we are testing out. Rather than a straight 10k bet limit, we're extending the options for betting up to a max of 50k per bout, in increments of 10k. Hopefully you folks won't bankrupt us by getting too many winners, we'll just have to see how it goes ;)

H

HellaFarris

Re: 25 January - match two of the Chicken League season

ThrobbingGristle and Snotklap should be there :) looking forward to it.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The more observant of you may have noticed there's a 'public access' metal chest on the front steps of the arena - at Bobar's suggestion, we put it there for any donations of normal mature battle chicken eggs (if you farm chickens, you will know how many of those you can amass!). He's the main contributor to the supplies in there, and they are free for anyone starting up a farm. Thanks very much to Bobar for his generosity - please don't abuse it by taking more than you need to get your production started, but it's a great way to get your farm up and running!

C

cheerful

RL is going to stop me getting to this one also.

An additional obstacle would be the fact that I dont have any battle chickens.

Managed to burn 2 eggs but the other one refuses to grow despite being 'moist' and watered every day for a week.
Guidance needed please.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Sorry you can't make it - I can't think of any obvious reason why that last egg won't progress, can you let me know where it is and I'll call by and see if I can spot anything that might be causeing it to stall.

C

cheerful

The incubator is locked down on my son's account which is not SA enabled but when i pondered this before reasoned that if the eggs could burn then they could also grow.
Is this the case ?

I

Irvyn

I missed it again :( Had to go and do something else. I shall do my absolute best to come to the 3rd one, whatever else happens!

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The incubator is locked down on my son's account which is not SA enabled but when i pondered this before reasoned that if the eggs could burn then they could also grow.
Is this the case ?
All my accounts are SA, so I can't check exactly, but it may well be the problem. I'd not be surprised if the code for monitoring egg progress never looks at account validity, it only checks when it's deciding if the egg might become a battle chicken which would need SA......

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Fantastic fun. :)

Heres a few screenshots for those who missed it.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I missed it again :( Had to go and do something else. I shall do my absolute best to come to the 3rd one, whatever else happens!
Not sure how well Trinsic is staffed for chicken farmers, but might be able to send a a battle chicken egg in your direction ready to hatch, bond and train, if you plan competing ;)

One thing we did wonder, if there's any interest in the RP community in a league for their towns, cities or guilds to run their own 'stables' and have 'local teams'? We're a bit short on time to run it, but would happily lend the arena and anything else we can do to support it, if there is - although I appreciate just now, the fighting may be more among the crowd attending than on the 'pitch'....

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Sorry i had to leave before the end - RL-issues - but it was nice to see something
very new for me in game - and the fun it gave to the people :)

I grabbed myself 2 of the mature Eggs and hatched them - so i will see what i will
get over the next days/weeks :)

I put two coops in the chest outside in return, so maybe they are of some use
for other people giving it a try ;)

Thanks for the Eggs and the Event - how about a team fight? 2 Parties with lets say
3/5 battle chicken each team - that way maybe taktics of the holders will also be
in the competition ;) - Sorry if its a stupid idea - was the first time i saw those creatures
really and i never was very ambitious with animal taming stuff.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And from the second fight night of the season - the results were as follows...

First bout, Lightning against Spike - Lightning was stunning in the pre-season warmup, but has't quite matched her earlier promise, and whatever Spike had been fed on was certainly firing up the aggression! Although very close in skills and stats, Spike was quickly ahead, and held on to win her first bout.

Next up, Frosty against ThrobbingGristle - Frosty with two losses, Gristle with one appearance and one win, looked tough for Frosty but in a surprise show of ability, Frosty got the edge! I'm sure Gristle being red helped get Frosty wound up, though...

Third, Geeko versus Cyanide - Intensive training had been raising Geeko's abilities, and Cyanide had been unlucky last week, so had a lot to prove. The result, after an incredibly tight match, a win for Cyanide! Another 'all red health bars' match though, that could easily have gone either way.

Round four was tough for those of us with poor eyesight, with two very dark chicken lizards matching off against each other, Midnight and Noir. Neither quite fully trained, but both very keen, and the result was a tough, close match - with the final victory going to Midnight!

Fifth round saw a return for SnotKlap, an impressive winner from the first meeting, up against Shadow, well trained and keen.SnotKlap rushed to the battle, but didn't quite manage to land enough early hits, and Shadow hung in there to get the triumph.

Last up, two more relative newcomers still in training, MidnightsTwin and Lime. I'd suspected a low anatomy skill might hold back Lime's combat, but as usual I was wrong! Lime piled in, and landed so many hits Twin was reeling, and although she fought back hard Lime was just too much for her to cope with this time round.

So, interestingly enough after two rounds, we have one leader on two points, many contenders on one, and a wide open league for challengers to join in! At present, after eleven fights, points stand at

2 : Midnight
1 :Spike, Frosty, Cyanide, Shadow, Lime, ThrobbingGristle, Spot, SnotKlap and Nugget.

Next match scheduled for 8 February, 8PM UK time, at the O*T arena - hope to see you there!

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks for the Eggs and the Event - how about a team fight? 2 Parties with lets say 3/5 battle chicken each team - that way maybe taktics of the holders will also be in the competition ;) .
We're looking at all sorts of ideas like that Crest, so feel free to make suggestions! For the main league, we plan to keep it as simple as possible, but two weeks between matches gives us plenty of time to hold one-off specials like team matches, mage summon fights, auctions... Just bear with us while we get everything worked out, and you'll see a few more 'events' at he arena before too long, I hope ;)

I

Irvyn

Not sure how well Trinsic is staffed for chicken farmers, but might be able to send a a battle chicken egg in your direction ready to hatch, bond and train, if you plan competing ;)
That's a very generous offer, thank you. I would love to have a battle chicken of my own, but realistically I have to admit I'd never have time to look after it properly or train it :( But if I can find someone to subcontract it to I'll very happily take you up on that :)

One thing we did wonder, if there's any interest in the RP community in a league for their towns, cities or guilds to run their own 'stables' and have 'local teams'? We're a bit short on time to run it, but would happily lend the arena and anything else we can do to support it, if there is - although I appreciate just now, the fighting may be more among the crowd attending than on the 'pitch'....
And that also is a generous offer, I'll enquire. Though you're probably right about the fighting being more off the pitch ;)