• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rares Fest 24 hour notice: Looking for Airpod, Formosaxfer, Gangsta Gear, Jon Snow

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
If you placed bids using any of the following names, please contact me ASAP.

Airpod (no contact info provided)
Formosaxfer (has not responded to ICQs)
Gangsta Gear (has not responded to ICQs)
Jon Snow (no contact info provided)

These 4 names placed a combined total of 8.57b in winning bids in Captn Norrington and my auction houses.

You have until 5 pm eastern tomorrow to contact me, else your bids will be voided, you will be marked as non-paying buyers, and the items will be reauctioned.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you placed bids using any of the following names, please contact me ASAP.

Airpod (no contact info provided)
Formosaxfer (has not responded to ICQs)
Gangsta Gear (has not responded to ICQs)
Jon Snow (no contact info provided)

These 4 names placed a combined total of 8.57b in winning bids in Captn Norrington and my auction houses.

You have until 5 pm eastern tomorrow to contact me, else your bids will be voided, you will be marked as non-paying buyers, and the items will be reauctioned.
Wow 8.5b worth of stuff, sorry to hear that Brian. Didn't you guys say though that you had already contacted Gangsta Gear? It's a shame when stuff like this happens... :(

DarkLotus[FL]

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
well that's a low thing to do who bids in a auction on something that they cant afford. but at least its going back up for auction

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Didn't you guys say though that you had already contacted Gangsta Gear?
The previous post mentioning Gangsta Gear being contacted just meant that we located his icq number and sent him a message (to two different icq numbers he uses). No response at all from either of them unfortunately.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So will this stuff go back up for auction if they don't pay?
Yes, probably here on Stratics.

Since the buyers didn't pay for their final bids, we have no way of knowing whether all of those people's bids were fake or not. Due to that it would be unfair to ask the 2nd highest bidder to pay for their bid since the fake-bidding could have driven the price much higher than it normally would have been.

Qikdraw

Sage
Stratics Veteran
well that's a low thing to do who bids in a auction on something that they cant afford.
There was quite a few people bidding on items just to get the buyer to pay more. I saw one person even bragging about it after an auction was over. Pretty sure a couple of people did that and ended up winning. This group of people may, or may not, have been part of that. But also real life steps in too and these guys may have had something in real life that is far more important than games. Likely we'll never get a true answer.

Aquarius

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yes, if these things are not paid for, Id like to see what they were so I can drool. Come on, you know I never have gold! :Begging:

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Yes, probably here on Stratics.

Since the buyers didn't pay for their final bids, we have no way of knowing whether all of those people's bids were fake or not. Due to that it would be unfair to ask the 2nd highest bidder to pay for their bid since the fake-bidding could have driven the price much higher than it normally would have been.
Yes I totally agree that it would be unfair to go with the 2nd highest bid. Thanks for being transparent and using great wisdom in deciding how to resell these items "IF" these people don't come thru. I have actually dealt with Jon snow but for the life of me can't remember who or what his icq name is.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
@Qikdraw and @DarkLotus[FL] , I did not see much of that in the boards themselves for lots other than the ones these folks won.

To answer the question, yes, as Captn Norrington said, if these winners do not come forward, our plan is to re-auction these items. I can't add a poll to this thread, but would folks rather see a re-auction held on the forum, or in-game at one of the auction houses?

MrUber

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
on forum rather than chance more bs bidding ,, and definately set a standard of who can bid (no visitors etc)

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
@Qikdraw and @DarkLotus[FL] , I did not see much of that in the boards themselves for lots other than the ones these folks won.

To answer the question, yes, as Captn Norrington said, if these winners do not come forward, our plan is to re-auction these items. I can't add a poll to this thread, but would folks rather see a re-auction held on the forum, or in-game at one of the auction houses?
I personally love a good live auction!! BUT... The time would be a big consideration, and also what if the people who were actually bidding on these items couldn't make it? I think if it's a live auction, providing there is a need for it since they still have time to pay, then you should do what the people who were outbid on these items want to do. They were the ones that got screwed in this situation. And hopefully they choose live auction!!! We all know I miss the end of pretty much every stratics auction. Just my 2 pennies!

Aquarius

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Im fine either way. JUST TELL ME in ICQ Pls where and when. Id like a shot. You know I watch my daughters baby so im not always on PC anymore. But your message or anyones message who is willing to tell me I will get. Not that you have to. Merely a request :please:

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
The sellers have another 44 minutes to contact me, then yes.

CrAzY J

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hello all today is my first day back computer fried and I been away for a month and a half and I deffinitly was at no festival making bids wortrth 8.75b lol I don't even have a b LOL. But Seriously this wasn't me, deffinitly a imposter wanting something against me , but I deffinitly wasn't logged on, Even ask messanna to check it out, last 2 months my account wasn't even activated