• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2020 Wish List for Ultima Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Other people have already made suggestions used in other MMO's to stop the gold-spammers, but the Devs either don't care or have some other reason for doing nothing. Even on the other forum there were good suggestions made right under their noses, but they didn't even get a response. They act like no other game has had these issues, they all did at some point and they all actually dealt with it!

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish Bleak would fix: classic client, the names on lifebars change. It's as if one name gets copied to several other lifebars.

This is:
o Not all about me
o Not a complete revamp of the entire game

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When you recall out of an area, then come back, whatever had previously had you targeted will then follow you at top speed -- even if you're now stealthed.
That's a bug.
I wish that would get fixed.

This is:
o Not all about me

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish that this particular bug (see attached pic) would not go live again for the rest of the year and then some.

This is:
o Not all about me

UO_ScriptError.jpg

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would like to replay some of the events that I missed over the years (or even ones a played; go go gadget nostalgia), even if different rewards are given out. Treasures of Tokuno, another rubble event, etc. Change the rewards so that existing items aren't devalued and let us replay the past a little.

Other than that, I would love to see a serious, serious crafting overhaul. Crafting is ... depressing. And doing things like forged metal of artifacts to offset ridiculous enhancement failure rates is distasteful in my opinion. Let crafters have a true use again instead of just "oh, only bowyers can make this special item for this event arc".

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't have this issue
It looks like they've fixed it. They're usually pretty quick about fixing these. It was up for several hours yesterday, though. You didn't catch it in time. Lucky you. You did not confirm that I was the only one experiencing this problem -- but then, neither did I.

Last edited:

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make pre-ToL content such as peerless and SA equivalents worth doing again without changing the encounters themselves to be ridiculously tedious

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish that the "Cloak of the Virtuous" could absorb a pre-existing cloak or wing armor and get its properties kind of in the way that the tabard can absorb the Hawkwind's Robe.

Related, I wish that the tabard could absorb any robe and not just Hawkwind's.

This is:
o Not all about me

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I wish that the "Cloak of the Virtuous" could absorb a pre-existing cloak or wing armor and get its properties kind of in the way that the tabard can absorb the Hawkwind's Robe.

Related, I wish that the tabard could absorb any robe and not just Hawkwind's.

This is:
o Not all about me
Actually seems like this is all about you. But I think it's funny you feel the need to post that like the Devs are going to read it and agree

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Keven2002 You're off topic, as usual. Stop visiting this thread until you have actual wishes for Ultima Online to contribute.

You have previously complained that my posts here are all about me and needing a complete revamp of the game. You are wrong, hence my addition of the statements that you are now complaining about. In your complaint you did not list any specific examples. Go back and read the entire thread. The only "all about me" wish is for a "Laura Wins button," and that was included for its humor value. The only "complete revamp" wish was from Tyrath (#62), not me.

This post is all about you, Keven2002, and is also off topic for this thread. Go away.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This post is all about you, Keven2002, and is also off topic for this thread. Go away.
Wrong. Several people have posted that your wish list is unrealistic and likely has been written off probably pretty quickly. I've given tons of examples in previous post about how one sided your wish list is. The novelty of this list wore off after about the first week of items that were clearly all about a very small group of people in UO.

Stop visiting this thread until you have actual wishes for Ultima Online to contribute.
My wish for 2020 is that list be moved to the Off Topic section where it belongs since 95% of the things added here are nonsense and have no bearing on actual game play.

This is:
o Not all about me
o Not a complete revamp of the entire game (or website)

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've given tons of examples in previous post
Citation needed. I do not recall you giving tons of specific examples. Cite a message number where you listed tons of specific examples.

95% of the things added here are nonsense
Wrong. Citation needed. List 95% of the message numbers.

You're off topic, as usual. Stop visiting this thread until you have actual wishes for Ultima Online to contribute., not wishes for Stratics.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
View post #163 as the most recent example; this thread should be in "Off Topic" because that's exactly what it is just a unrealistic list of thing YOU primarily want. You posted #155 which was an error that only YOU had. I didn't have the error nor did many others and chances are that it was something that happened in a 10min window yet you felt the need to hop to this list. YOU also wanted the DEVs to go through every line of code to fix all grammar mistakes, again not something anyone else has asked for (not going back to find it because you know you said it).

I could give a dozen more examples but honestly I don't care enough to give you more because it doesn't matter how many examples I give you, it's obviously not going to deter you from adding more unrealistic requests that have almost zero impact to the average persons game (again it's only about YOU). I'd rather just call you out every time you add something that is all about you :)

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View post #163 as the most recent example;
That's your post, not mine, and is therefore not an example of something that I want.
Go away.

You posted #155 which was an error that only YOU had
Only me? Are you sure? How many people did you poll? Not everyone.
Go away.

I don't care enough to give you more
If you don't care then why are you here?
You care. You care enough to continue.
What you don't care enough about is coming up with more of your own wishes for Ultima Online.
Come up with some more.
Until then,
Go away.

zero impact
Kev, things like spelling and grammar can be fiction breakers. Suddenly from the fantasy realm of Sosaria I am pulled back into the real world of "Can't the devs get someone to spellcheck before they go live?"
"Can't they get someone who is familiar with the Ultima lore to check if this is a good homage?"
"Does this even make sense?"
This doesn't happen to everyone. But I am NOT the only one.

Keven2002, why don't you start another thread titled "Bash Laura and her wishes" and leave this thread for the actual wishes?
Don't post here on this thread unless you have actual wishes for Ultima Online.
Look up the definition of "gadfly."
Go away.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The only thing that needs to "go away" is this wish list ;)

Don't be mad because someone calls out unrealistic and selfish wishes.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish that there were a readily visible way to tell the empty pet vendors in New Magincia from the ones who still have animals in inventory, without having to double-click on each one.
Maybe have a pet visible such as happens when View is selected? Maybe hay on the ground? Something.

Last edited:

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish that the First Aid Belt were available in-game, fully functional, in some way. It's much too useful an item to deprive players of who were late to the game.
Likewise Ranger's Cloak of Augmentation and Shadow Cloak of Rejuvenation.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish that quests that go defunct would get automatically removed from a character's quest list.
I think there's no way of finishing these now, so they should have been removed from quest lists:
Veritae's Plea
Candle of Love
Ranger of the Abyss Part 1
Warrior of Ether

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I wish that the First Aid Belt were available in-game, fully functional, in some way. It's much too useful an item to deprive players of who were late to the game.
Likewise Ranger's Cloak of Augmentation and Shadow Cloak of Rejuvenation.
You can buy these items. If you spent more time farming gold and less time trying to revamp the entire game you would have enough for several of these items with left over gold ;)

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish that UO would be back to pre AOS days. With accounts and the players from back then. Have lost so many friends in game. Would love to chat with them.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am not in favor of locking threads but I think this thread has run its course and then some. Many of the replies all the way around have pushed and probably exceeded the RoC. Instead of cleaning up numerous posts and issuing warnings, I am going to lock it and leave it as is. Please do not start another thread in UHall to replace this one. (If you are determined to start a new one, please start it in Spiels & Rants). 2021 will be here before you know it and a new one can be started then.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.