• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2020 Wish List for Ultima Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Classic Client: I wish they would fix the lighting thing that happens even hours after you visit a champ spawn.
I'm an elf, AND I have the night sight spell going AND I am wearing an item of clothing with the Night Sight property. The world shouldn't be going dark, ever.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish that the drop rate of spellweaving scrolls were increased.
Killing Miasma -- found seven paragon chests, one armor set piece, one paragon reward item, one parrot, and no spellweaving scrolls.
Life is harsh for newb spellweavers.

Jelinidas

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And another week goes by without a word from our Dev team on this year's roadmap or anything else for that matter! Communication in this game between us, the paying customers, and the "Team" are at a all time low.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And another week goes by without a word from our Dev team on this year's roadmap or anything else for that matter! Communication in this game between us, the paying customers, and the "Team" are at a all time low.
Get used to it... that is the "norm"... They are tight lipped about most everything when they shouldn't be because they really DO need input... however I find many times they listen to the WRONG input and totally hand things to the scripters and bots and pretty much kills the game for the average joe... if you don't multibox and script you are just another loser. If you aren't a rares collector your opinion is ignored. If you don't play on Siege and kiss up to them your opinion is ignored... even if you are the voice of dozens of players... they won't listen. I tried being the voice of the little guy it doesn't work. I gave up a while ago and just don't care anymore. I pretty much log in once a week for the EM Event ... and that's it.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish that the 10th anniversary "luck" statue had a cooldown time of only one minute instead of 24 hours.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish that I could add more than a million gp to my vendor for its operating expenses. How about two billion? You're using a 32-bit int already, aren't you?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Classic Client: I wish you would adjust the "grab handle" for certain items such as ornate axe. When you try putting that in a bag it never goes where you think you put it. Please fix.

I wish you would fire your current tester/QA department and hire some useful people -- people who would find bugs like this and prevail upon the programming department to get them fixed.
I wish you would drop the requirement for being hired of having to live in Bumpancake Virginia or thereabouts.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Classic Client: I wish you would adjust the "grab handle" for certain items such as ornate axe. When you try putting that in a bag it never goes where you think you put it. Please fix.

I wish you would fire your current tester/QA department and hire some useful people -- people who would find bugs like this and prevail upon the programming department to get them fixed.
I wish you would drop the requirement for being hired of having to live in Bumpancake Virginia or thereabouts.
Fire her husband? She might hate taking our money, but not that much.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish there were more ninjitsu abilities that did not require hiding or stealth.
I wish there were more ninjitsu abilities that did not require movement. The character has dexterity because the player doesn't (except maybe PlayerSkillFTW).
I wish there were a ninja form that could stealth at mounted speeds. Uo's official wiki doesn't promise this, and I think Uoguide got it wrong.
I wish there were a ninja form that had "luck" as its bonus
I wish there were a ninja gargoyle form, with flying and wearing of gargoyle armor and wielding of gargoyle weapons and can't-be-dismounted from form but dismount could crashland a flying ninja.
I wish that Dismount did not work on ninja forms that can't move at mounted speed. (I also wish for a "Laura Wins" button, hey)
I wish for ninja walk-on-water ability -- ninja can go, at walking speed, anywhere a ship can go.
I wish for ninja nightsight ability. Never mind, everyone's a gosh darn elf anyway.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you're putting in a new race, can you give us a new character slot?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish that fixes to the crafting system didn't cost real money (e.g. tool of forged metal)
I wish that you would remove randomness wherever possible, but again not at the cost of real money.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish that pets could be skilled up in healing and chivalry in a reasonable period of time without needing to be discorded

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Lasher card of Semidar.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please reduce the rate at which equipment takes damage. Battling a round of Vitavi [renowned] took 47 points of Soul Seeker sword. That's annoying.
Please reduce the rate at which equipment takes damage. One round of The Piper took approx 9000 points of dragon barding. That's a lot.
Please make dragon barding reparable. See above.

Last edited:

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please give a numeric value for town loyalty, because hitting monsters at a champ spawn does not actually seem to make my town loyalty increase and I want proof that it is actually happening.
Please give a numeric value for progress in a virtue, because those blue dots and red dots for Humility, say, don't move when hitting a lot of plague rats.
Please make killing ANY red-named creature or NPC under "Felucca ruleset" increase the justice virtue. So people will kill the Priests of Mondain? If you don't want that to happen then don't give them red names.
Speaking of plague rats, they used to be green. They used to be tameable. They used to poison occasionally. What happened? Please greenify them again.
While you're fixing artwork, please put the little snakes back on the ground instead of flying above it (Classic client). Note the words "back on the." Find out how and why that got pancaked up, and inform the person who did it, so he or she will not pancake up again in that way.
While you're fixing artwork, please fix ALL dirty rectangle problems (Classic client). Yes, years later, some moving things are still leaving trails of stray pixels behind.

Lilith

Visitor
I'd like to see the one house per shard return, or perhaps two houses on the production shards, if one per shard is thought to be too much. This might help to spread the player base out a tad more.

Just a thought.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fix ALL classic client dirty rectangle problems.
Fix "female gargoyle walks while wearing wing armor"
Fix "female gargoyle transitions from walking to standing, while having a shield equipped."
Fire your Testing / Quality Assurance departments and replace them with people who actually work.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish Lord Blackthorne from LBR would return to the game. I also wish Third Dawn would come back.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do something about "Avatar" spam. It's gone from mildly amusing to annoying / intrusive this month (Feb 2020).

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't do the unlimited time mind rot. Always put a time limit on that. We're not all paladins.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fix "An Harpsichord Roll"
Then fire your Testing and Quality Assurance departments for letting this and other bugs slide for so long. Replace them with people who will actually do their jobs.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Like Mesanna is going to fire her husband... LOL ... but I feel ya...

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Remove randomness wherever possible and give a choice.
Example: I want bright fire red reward cloth, a 200 point item. However, I can't choose it. I have to choose the 200 point reward cloth but it supposedly selects randomly from several colors.
Well, I keep getting the same d--ned color and it isn't bright fire red. Since I keep getting the same color, the randomness isn't working anyway.
Fix this bullomelet.
Then find out which of the dev team has a gambling problem and don't let him or her make any design decisions.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Classic client, paperdoll. The women's head is slightly turned, but for certain headgear the headgear isn't and it looks wrong on the paperdoll. Please fix all the artwork where the head is turned but the headgear isn't which looks wrong. Use the same mechanism by which the chain tunic is different when worn be women than when worn by men.

While you're at it, some of the headgear seems to have a huge black halo around it on the paperdoll. Please fix all those too.

While you're at it, some headgear has the hair poking through when it shouldn't. Please Fix all those too (is that what the huge black halo was for? Try another method, like, say, removing the hair's appearance on the paperdoll when certain headgear is equipped.).

While you're at it, a gargoyle polymorphed into a human doesn't look human. Not on the paperdoll. Not on the screen. Please fix.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What Blackwell there wants, but also removing of "cursed" "cannot be repaired" "luck -100" "requires 125 str" "cannot be powdered" "replica" ...
and have it cost half as much
and have it add 7 self repair

blackwell

Adventurer
What Blackwell there wants, but also removing of "cursed" "cannot be repaired" "luck -100" "requires 125 str" "cannot be powdered" "replica" ...
and have it cost half as much
and have it add 7 self repair
Yes, so basically, in order to encourage not playing cookie cutter templates, people use high skill increase jewls with other mods, these jewls basically don't spawn anymore, so characters literally will end when a jewl wears out. I think it will add to the longevity of a player, and a good way for EA to make more money for the game to keep it going, and maybe even make addition content.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't make a bonded pet go unbonded, ever*. It's punishment enough that the pet stops obeying.
... because we got another horror story about a pet getting permanently killed. That's close to being a "rage quit event" these days.

There's a bug involving the Blackthorn auto-stable of pets, where a ridden loaded beetle didn't go into the stable, didn't go to the stable, and wasn't retrievable via log out/in. Please fix!

*Unless deliberately released via "name release" or transferred/sold to another person.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Don't make a bonded pet go unbonded, ever*. It's punishment enough that the pet stops obeying.
... because we got another horror story about a pet getting permanently killed. That's close to being a "rage quit event" these days.

There's a bug involving the Blackthorn auto-stable of pets, where a ridden loaded beetle didn't go into the stable, didn't go to the stable, and wasn't retrievable via log out/in. Please fix!

*Unless deliberately released via "name release" or transferred/sold to another person.
Having had 2 pets go wild for no reason at all I can say I agree 100%...

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
... and here are two of my wishes that are absolutely not universal:

1. No more IDOC craziness. I wish the house to disappear. I wish the contents to go into "storage," where it will stay until the player returns. When the owner returns, all the stuff goes into a moving crate when he places a new house.

2. Pet skill scrolls, to drop from all "bosses," "named creatures," and any "overcapped monsters." You have to wonder where those overcapped monsters get their overcappedness from, right?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
... and here are two of my wishes that are absolutely not universal:

1. No more IDOC craziness. I wish the house to disappear. I wish the contents to go into "storage," where it will stay until the player returns. When the owner returns, all the stuff goes into a moving crate when he places a new house.

2. Pet skill scrolls, to drop from all "bosses," "named creatures," and any "overcapped monsters." You have to wonder where those overcapped monsters get their overcappedness from, right?
If I thought for one second that all my "Stuff" would be "Safe" if I quit UO and would go into storage I'd drop all of my accounts tomorrow.... and so would a great many other people... Is that what you want?

If they did what you wanted UO would be closed.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please fix:
"You have slayed the vile sorceress Cora"
Then hire a competent person to do all your spellchecking / grammar checking. This person will need knowledge of Ultima's form of Elizabethan English, and of Ultima lore, e.g. the Gargish use of infinitives.

Fire your current Testing and Quality Assurance teams. They've been letting bugs like this go live. Replace them with people who will be able to do the work.

Remove any requirement of living in the Bumpancake Virginia area. Allow remote workers, because apparently people don't want to move to Bumpancake Virginia to work for you. You already allow this for EMs. You should allow it for Testing and Quality Assurance.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please fix:
"Thou hath been bestowed the title of Hero of Minoc!"

Then hire a competent person to do all your spellchecking / grammar checking. This person will need knowledge of Ultima's form of Elizabethan English, and of Ultima lore, e.g. the Gargish use of infinitives.
*facepalm*

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If they did what you wanted UO would be closed.
If they actually put in a fraction of the things from this list UO would be closed.

I tried to give the OP advice from the start that if anyone wanted these wishes to actually be taken seriously the lop-sided "all about me based on how I play UO" wish list items couldn't put input like last year... and yet here we are. The same type of nitpicky or outlandish "wishes" are being dumped in (mainly by one person). If the DEVs actually did look at this list; they would get to about the 4th post and just move on to a new thread. Especially when they are continuing the post demeaning things like "Hire a competent person to do your...".

Fire your current Testing and Quality Assurance teams.
That's funny that you think they actually have a budget for a QA team! :hahaha::hahaha:
What do you think Test Center is? Step into my office.... because YOU are fired. :grin:

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If they actually put in a fraction of the things from this list UO would be closed.

I tried to give the OP advice from the start that if anyone wanted these wishes to actually be taken seriously the lop-sided "all about me based on how I play UO" wish list items couldn't put input like last year... and yet here we are. The same type of nitpicky or outlandish "wishes" are being dumped in (mainly by one person). If the DEVs actually did look at this list; they would get to about the 4th post and just move on to a new thread. Especially when they are continuing the post demeaning things like "Hire a competent person to do your...".

That's funny that you think they actually have a budget for a QA team! :hahaha::hahaha:
What do you think Test Center is? Step into my office.... because YOU are fired. :grin:
I often read threads like this and think, "how can I respond without sounding like a total prick?" I draw a blank and just forget about it for a while. Then at some point I come back and @Keven2002 has succeeded where I failed. Well done sir! Well done!

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Laura you seem very unhappy with UO, maybe you should find a new hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Remove the Musicianship skill, and let both chance of success, and effect, depend on skill in Peacemaking, Provocation, and Discordance respectively.
OR
Keep Musicianship skill, and remove Peacemaking, Provocation, and Discordance. Musicianship would be the only bard skill. Bards would carry a song book, and choose which effect in the same way that, say, a paladin chooses Enemy of One from the chivalry book instead of Divine Fury.
Y' all played "Tales of the Unknown Volume 1: The Bard's Tale" where effect depended on song played?

Yup, this is something someone should 'a' told the designer(s) back in 1995-1997 and I know it ain' gonna happen now.

Edit:
I wish for wieldable musical instruments. Imagine a tambourine being a throwing weapon using slightly different cyclone art, or a bassoon being a macing weapon using slightly different blackstaff art.
I wish for more woodwinds such as a "shawm."
I wish for portable xylophone-esque instruments such as a marching band glockenspiel.

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Laura you seem very unhappy with UO, maybe you should find a new hobby.
Yea I agree... sounds like she wants to completely revamp the entire game...

I think it's like a car with 200k miles that needs brakes, suspension, tires, a transmission, a new motor, and new interior... at that point you might as well just replace it.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Got a classic client crash in the Cavern of the Discarded. I wish they would fix that.

This is:
o Not all about me
o Not a complete revamp of the entire game

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Herer are 3 i know i have asked for in the past

Wheelbarrow we can run around with

Ruined clothing i want to look like a lich a bum or just very very battle vorn

wall cracks and floor cracks