• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) 2018 Artisan Festival updates

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It is almost that time of year again, citizens of Siege Perilous! Yes, that time of year where the community unites to sacrifice Bulk Order Deeds to Holiday Trees for the glory of named giftboxes and blingy deco. While this is considered a crafter event, people from all walks of life are welcome to contribute. Ingots, leather, wood, cloth, an assortment of scrolls/reagents, and just plain old fashioned coin for bribing BODs will all be needed for Siege to show off our shard pride in the yearly Star Competition. We have to show them Trammies, after all!

As a recap, this is how the Artisan Festival works:

There are 5 stages (not counting bare snow, which is treated as stage 0). 1) Charlie Brown, 2) Small Tree, 3) Tall Tree without any deco, 4) Tall tree with deco but no star, and then the last stage - the star. The first 4 stages, to get to the tall tree without the star, needs about 12,500 BANK points worth of filled BODs. The last stage takes another 12,500 bank points to achieve. When this is done, every single character that turns in any BOD, no matter how small, is guaranteed a gift. Otherwise, there is a lotto mechanic involved, and some folks get left out.

The crafters of Siege will work hard to get the first 4 stages during the event itself, but the star is the hardest part. To that end, an entire house has been devoted ahead of time to the star of each city's tree. In this house are crafting stations, open to the public and kept supplied with tools. A tradeskill NPC marks the location of the craft station (lower and upper levels).

Professions House.jpg

Each trade NPC also represents a city. In this NPC's vendor stock is a BOD book with the filled BODs being set aside for that city's holiday star tree topper, along with a book showing the current total of banked points so far. This way, everyone can see the progress for each city. Folks can donate any BODs or materials to the mailbox. Any donations that are intended for a specific city need to be delivered with a note saying so, otherwise the BOD books are being filled in alphabetical order - starting a new city after 12,500 bank points (the amount needed to go from stage 4 to stage 5 star). For the crafters filling their own BODs for the tree, it would be very helpful if you could leave a quick note here or in the mailbox with the bank point total that you fed the tree, just so that we can keep a running tally. No need to leave your name, if you are shy! Every bit helps, small or large.

NPC.jpg

In addition to this setup, there is a stall in New Magincia buying various materials that will be needed. There will also be a vendor set up at the UWSP Marketplace, with the proceeds going to BOD bribing and material buying.

NM Stall.jpg

There is a runebook on the steps of the UWSP Marketplace with runes to each tree location. Beside the runebook is a steward that will be passing out free filled small bods to help folks get a gift.

NPC and Runebook.jpg

Last year, we got a star on every holiday tree except one. Let's see if we can outdo ourselves!

Last edited:

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I would suggest you just aim for the 4th stage in each city. 80% of the donors will still get a reward.
Personally, I don´t think those other 20% are worth the resources/time/sanity spent to go between 4 and 5.

Regardless, good luck to the brave Siegers who will be participating in this. :)

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah... but stage 5 sends a message
Yep... Kelmo hit the point ! Getting the last stage send a message to all other shards and players: Siege is alive and with a comunity that can work together for a common goal :D... It's for that we start from that stage: if we get all stars points then we can work on all other stages knowing the hardest one is already done. Without a big organization last year we missed only one star... So i'm sure we can get all stars for all trees if we work together :) ... This isn't a race between us to say: i'm the one that added more points... It's a race with other shards to show all that we aren't good only in killin people :D .... it's for Siege !!!
(Anyway the first two trees have already all points for the last stage... In theory britain and jhelom if they start from the last one of one year ago :) )

P.S. Thank you garth for the offer ! When we'll know what we need, i call you ! And thank you to all people that are helping already :D:D

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would suggest you just aim for the 4th stage in each city. 80% of the donors will still get a reward.
Personally, I don´t think those other 20% are worth the resources/time/sanity spent to go between 4 and 5.

Matter of perspective, one could compare the goal of finishing out with the winter Festival on top, to show off Siege swagger, to the goal of doing the Void Pool for same reason. :naughty-angel:

Blargety

Journeyman
Duh Orc Makrs will donayt dems bods agh trepl duh trayd agreedmends fer dem UWSP hoomies. Also duh munth uv duh festivul will see duh Orcs nub demandun duh tribuut frum sittee gubernators.

Hoowah Seej Perryloos! Lat coundin on duh suppors uv duh Nightmare Clan fer dis ash.

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Update about the work in progress:

Yew: All stages Points done
Vesper: All stages Points done
Trinsic: All stages Points done
Skara Brae: All Stages Points done
New Magincia: All Stages Points done
Moonglow: All Stages Points done
Minoc: All Stages Points done
Jhelom: All Stages Points done
Britain: All Stages Points done

Thank you to all that are helping with resources, bods ! And a special thank you to Orcs guild for the help ! :danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb:
Let's go Siege !! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Last edited:

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thank you very much Blarg and Max ! They will help for sure... You can drop them in the mailbox at market and at the house for the festival if there is room... I'll try to keep them empty... Or i can get them this evening when i'll log in... Thank you again !! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hurray also Yew Star Points are done ! :danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb:
With these points we are exactly at half of work: 112500 Points on 225000. So the last stage for all towns is done... Now we have to work on the first 4 stages. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
I'm sure other people are working on bods so if you can write here or on PM how many points you have, we can start to make a count to see how many points we missed to finish all trees... In UWSP will continue to work on bods to get more points but any help is more than welcome :)

And another thing:
In UWSP Guild we were thinking to let to each governor of towns the honor to get the star (like last year so we can make a little party in each town and take pics !). So i was thinking that we can do in this way: all shards drop bods on each trees till we get the last stage... Once we got the last stage we can give the books with all bods to get the star to governors, so they can get the star (in UWSP we have already all books with star points ready for each town). If a governor can't be online when the tree is active in the own town, we can choice a person that will drop bods to get the star ;););)
What do you think?

Hurray for Siege :danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With these points we are exactly at half of work: 112500 Points on 225000. So the last stage for all towns is done... Now we have to work on the first 4 stages. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Ya , I am with Garthgrey on this lemme know!?!?!? I will not be adding skill because I am a pancake, but what items does this project need a infusion of, from gold to almost any resource?

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Dropped ingots off for you, let me know if you need more.
Ya , I am with Garthgrey on this lemme know!?!?!? I will not be adding skill because I am a pancake, but what items does this project need a infusion of, from gold to almost any resource?
Thank you very much !! At the moment i'm trying to see what we need, because we filled so many bods that now we need to re-organize a bit better all bods to see what we can get lol... Ingots (expecially colored all always welcome) as leather and bones, but all people helped already so much that i don't want ask for things if i'm not sure what we need :heart::heart::heart::heart:
Thank you very much again !
Go Go Siege... For our record !!!:danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb:

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Thanks to an influx of smithy BOD donations, the Artisan Festival stall in NM (just west of the Mint) is currently buying Dull Copper and Shadow Iron ingots.

Thanks!

:heart:

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ouch... Well not a big change (i made count on 25000k instead 25500) but anyway lower still a bit (not much, max 5k points )will help for sure :p Thank you Kelmo !!!
Let's go sieeeeeeeeeeegeeeeeeeeeeeeee :danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb:

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Kk we just got the info that the order will be same of last year instead reverse lol... So first town will be Yew :p
I updated the post with points for all towns :p

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yew currently has an active trade deal but insufficient funds to renew it. Without knowing what day the deal renews each week, our current plan is to wait until Nov 30th to see if it will expire. If trade runs are done now and the coffers get over 2M, that effort will simply vanish into the trade deal's maw before the Artisan Festival begins on Dec 4th (according to UO.com). If the deal goes inactive (or Governor Cherokee turns off the auto-renew) then it just needs 310k.

According to the city stone, elections begin Nov 27 so the current range of governors may be different by the time the festival starts. The festival starts on TC1 in cities without a governor, so it would seem that each city just needs the funds.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Who is Cherokee?

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
:danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb: Festival is started... From today we'll work on dropping bods on each trees ( and in the meanwhile continuing to work on filling bods lol) ... If anyone need a small bod to drop to trees in UWSP Town, at the market, there is a steward that will give you bod for free. For the last stage of each tree, we'll try to wait the governor of each towns so they will have the chance to get the star on the tree. Now it's active Yew so if Cherokee read this message or anyone know how to contact him, please tell us because we haven't many days to wait :D

Hurray for Siege :danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb: