• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) 2010 - Europa's summer of love

C

cheerful

So I had a little idea and have decided to turn it into a big idea.

As from tomorrow night at 7.30 uk time for the next 6 weeks I will be organising peerless hunts, champ hunts, SA hunts, dungeon crawls and basically anything else that people want to do.

The focus will be on getting people doing things that they would not normally do, maybe because they need a group to do it, they dont know how to do it or they are just new to the game.

For this reason the meeting point will be New Haven. I aim to leave at eight but the 30 mins before hand can be for helping new players out with advice or quest getting etc.

If an EM event is scheduled for that night then I will urge people to join that.

There will be other things like the chicken league going on (which I want to be at) so I'll offer new people to come to that with me whilst others of you go off hunting.

It's all about getting involved, so all you experienced players get yourselves to Haven and spread the love.

:heart:

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't make the 9th, for obvious reasons, but I'll try get to those on alternate weeks if I can!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly cannot make tonights :( I wish everyone the best of luck with the nasty baddies though. :p

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And so, of course, I failed to make it for this evening.... :(

Hope it all went well!

C

cheerful

Well it didn't start off so great, I'm afraid there are some people out there who's attitude does not lend itself to the community spirit of things and sadly got left behind.

Onward and upwards the rest of the night went very well.

I will be doing this again tomorrow (Tuesday) so come along and meet some fellow players.

Thanks to those attending.
:thumbup1:

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a great idea Alyx!

I´ve just arrived home after a few days "on the road". But as soon as I´m settled again I´ll prolly be able to join most evenings.

C

cheerful

Day 2 and after a quick drink in the Sword and shovel we visited Bedlam and the Twisted Weald.

We didn't manage many tonight but did throw some new names in at the deep end and now they have the quests and half an idea of what peerless hunting looks like it wil be all the more easier next time.

Well done Gwindor, WeBB and Yip.

B

barduck

Day 2 and after a quick drink in the Sword and shovel we visited Bedlam and the Twisted Weald.

We didn't manage many tonight but did throw some new names in at the deep end and now they have the quests and half an idea of what peerless hunting looks like it wil be all the more easier next time.

Well done Gwindor, WeBB and Yip.
Thank you Alyx and the rest of the crew for the fun event and getting to do stuff that normally I wouldn't get a chance to do.

I was running around like a headless chicken most of the time, pretty confused about what was going on but all participants were very patient and helpful. Especially Alyx, who worked hard to make it a fun and successful experience.

A small piece of advice for next time, if you don't mind - If there are new/newbie/rusty people joining, I think it will be helpful to take few minutes before the encounter and explain exactly what is going on, who are we fighting, what is expected from everyone and what are the tactics to be used (spells for offense/defense, weapons, pets, etc etc). I know I could benefit a lot from a bit more background info before hand.

Thanks!

Cheers,
- Gwindor

C

cheerful

Glad you enjoyed it Gwindor and your sugestions are well noted :)

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Towards the end of the week, I'd be up for joining in with this too, as there's still a fair few peerless I've not seen... but for now I'm watching this thread with interest! Keep up the positive community organisation!

C

cheerful

I will be in Haven on Thursday night but will be encouraging people to join the EM event.

:)