• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2-Story Talking Statue problem, help appreciated.

• Thread starter Gary Rendol
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
G

Gary Rendol

Hi, I have a 2-story talking statue that i was meaning to sell. The problem now is this thing will not speak. I have pleanty of people who have seen it say "go no further least ye meat doom" or something like that. I placed the item in a bag to show a potential buyer then placed back in home to demonstrait it speaking. It will speak once per player/monster/npc. You can set it off with any spawn including summoned pets. In front of the potential buyer this thing was as silent as a crypt, i could not get it to speak and for 2 days now it has been silent. I dont know if its a bug or if its just a stubborn item in general but any advice on how to reactivate it speaking would be greatly appreciated. I look very foolish showing this item and it no longer working. It spoke last 3 days ago and every test before that had worked for a very long time, so it all of a sudden went silent when i re-placed it in my home. Thanks for taking the time to read. -Gary

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As far as I know, that's a normal setup for those. The ones I have been around have only spoken to me once also.
Unless, of course, I go with a new summon, like shadow wisp or something, then it will speak everytime cause it's a new summon each time.
I dont have any, but that's been my experience passing houses that do have em out front

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Its just once per encounter. Where is it at and how much I might be interested. No need to prove anything to me I understand how it works. Frankly I have never seen one that does not talk.
:)

Send me a pm or icq

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well as I understand them it takes a pair to do get them to speak and the right pair set up. Something about getting the right one in the right spot to start the jabbering.