• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Housing/Boats 2 Story Statues Bug (no longer talking)

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am reporting a bug involving the 2-story rare statues that used to when a new person/creature comes by them giving them "a warning". For us rares collectors this has always been a great interest like mine on my museum are close to the entrance so all the spawn etc will set it off (to talk ) Suddenly or i dont know for how long since i have been away alot they all now seem to be broken and have stopped talking. I opened a thread in the rares forum and so far it seems it is just not mine. Mine have talked for all the years i had them and for now them to stop working is very frustrating. Thus also ruining another very cool rare deco item. Could we please get someone to look into this im sure the code or something somewhere got screwy. Also hopefully this can be looked at rather sooner than later. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
2 story statues are broke and no longer will speak. In case you don't know the statues should talk to each character only once per their existence the first time they walk up to it. They should also talk to each new creature etc once per existence ie: summoned creatures once per.....spawned creatures once per......npc once per. I hope this can be looked at as now mine sit as well as everyone else's I've checked silent. My place has a decent spawn outside and I loved when they got too close to my place and the statues would shout a warning to them "Go no further.....etc etc."
They are the statues that are 2 story, white with gladiator/guard type standing on top pillar. If you need example there are 2 out front Luna on Atlantic before you go into bank area by the gate. Thank you.

Last edited:

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BigEv, your going to have to give me a shard and location before anyone can give you any specific information. Send it to my email address and I will look at it.

PinkPandora

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Did this ever get fixed? or are the ones i run into just broke (maybe because they are dupes?) But i thought dupes still talked.
thanks for any updates.

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did this ever get fixed? or are the ones i run into just broke (maybe because they are dupes?) But i thought dupes still talked.
thanks for any updates.
All should talk duped or not. I kinda dropped the ball and didn't continue with getting Mesanna to come look at them. Sadly most those are duped and all go on vendors so hard to tell which are real but none the less they should all talk and yes nobodys I've seen are working anymore. I been busy so maybe if you have the statue you can maybe give her an email to look at them. Since this is brought back up I will also try when I get some time to follow through here as it has ruined a great rare..:(

Last edited:

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
All should talk duped or not. I kinda dropped the ball and didn't continue with getting Mesanna to come look at them. Sadly most those are duped and all go on vendors so hard to tell which are real but none the less they should all talk and yes nobodys I've seen are working anymore. I been busy so maybe if you have the statue you can maybe give her an email to look at them. Since this is brought back up I will also try when I get some time to follow through here as it has ruined a great rare..:(

I thought they only talked to you the very first time you encountered the item? Make a newbie character and walk buy it. Or I think a packy use to work that way.

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought they only talked to you the very first time you encountered the item? Make a newbie character and walk buy it. Or I think a packy use to work that way.
That is true it does work that way but also worked by having any new summon you cast ie: polar bear etc would also make them talk. They also would talk if any new critters/spawn would walk by. Now sadly all the statues I've encountered don't talk at all to anything new so as of now are broken by some bug encountered after some previous publish. :(