• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2 slot Nightmare training

BBear

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was fortunate enough to get a 2 slot shiny mare and I really don't want to mess him up. I just finished the first level and I added stats and resists. I have no idea what to do with the next two levels. I am planning on using this mare for spawns and Shadowguard. I play on Siege so it would also be helpful to have him be able to help me in PVP if needed.

I have also heard stories of pets jumping a slot during training. Is there anything I can do to make sure that doesn't happen?

Thanks for any input you all may have.

Bear

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
spawns, shadowguards and pvp you would want three different specs. Nightmares, due to dragon breath, only have 1 trainable ability, however, you could go something like a nox mare, poisoning to gm, then like poison breath, then train master magery. That would give you an aoe poison. It all depends on what you value and your play style, unfortunately, and that is highly personal.

Spawn jumping on nightmares is most likely to happen 2-3, if you have started level 4 training and it doesnt warn you that proceeding with bump it up, you should be good

Necromages tend to be very low on hits, it has to spend a whole level (1500) just for necro/spirit speak.

Armor Ignore would be good for bosses, because of all their magery and db, this isnt casted as much as on other pets.

Frenzied WW is decent aoe and single target, but not as good on Single target as AI tends to be.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Also Frenz WW eats up 500 points in Ninjitsu, and mares do not have many to spare.
ALSO: STOP training the pet till Tuesday when the pub 98 hits production shards, since they told us it has anti-slot-jump code.
DO NOT train till then, or you will lose at least one level of training, especially if this is a rare mare, since you may have to sac it if you jump lot, which is easy to do with 1 and 2 slot pets.

My advice is to: STOP now don't advance till tuesday. Also careful about wasting points on things like necromage, and use TC1 to test the mare and diff combo of specs. TC1 copy is the easiest thing in the world, and then you learn a few things there so you will not have to destroy a valuable/rare pet (and waste hours of training also now out the window since the pet is flawed, and too late to do anything about it).
I hope this helps and may save you some pain and stomach lining.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Also Frenz WW eats up 500 points in Ninjitsu, and mares do not have many to spare.
ALSO: STOP training the pet till Tuesday when the pub 98 hits production shards, since they told us it has anti-slot-jump code.
DO NOT train till then, or you will lose at least one level of training, especially if this is a rare mare, since you may have to sac it if you jump lot, which is easy to do with 1 and 2 slot pets.

My advice is to: STOP now don't advance till tuesday. Also careful about wasting points on things like necromage, and use TC1 to test the mare and diff combo of specs. TC1 copy is the easiest thing in the world, and then you learn a few things there so you will not have to destroy a valuable/rare pet (and waste hours of training also now out the window since the pet is flawed, and too late to do anything about it).
I hope this helps and may save you some pain and stomach lining.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Also read avidly the "Changes and stats" thread, starting from the most recent note backward, since things have changed drastically between beginning of the thread and last notes. A lot of useful info there, thanks to the people that tested the different specs on TC1. Its time spent well worth it -- especially if you invested 25-100 M or days of mare hunting to get a Chaos colored or spec mare -- Frankly unless you are very rich I would sell it and with the $ buy powerscrolls to scroll another pet but that is one person's opinion.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My advice is take what is in "changes and stats" with a grain of salt as a lot of misinformation in there. Seen so many people freak out about plain wrong info because they arent testing for themselves.

BBear

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the follow up. He will remain in the stables for a week.

Bear

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
My advice is to: STOP now don't advance till tuesday.
Has there been any official word that the Pub hits Tuesday? I do remember seeing some of the content would be available Wed the 16th around noon..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was fortunate enough to get a 2 slot shiny mare and I really don't want to mess him up. I just finished the first level and I added stats and resists. I have no idea what to do with the next two levels. I am planning on using this mare for spawns and Shadowguard. I play on Siege so it would also be helpful to have him be able to help me in PVP if needed.

I have also heard stories of pets jumping a slot during training. Is there anything I can do to make sure that doesn't happen?

Thanks for any input you all may have.

Bear
Train it on the crazed mage in shame. It wont gain skills from that training. Ive been helping new players with pets recently. Beetles, lessers, nightmares. They all have leveled just fine.

On the first round set the mana regen to 30, set resists, put 600 mana on it if you want, use the rest on HP and str. Use the mage and you dont need to add many HP. The resists will kepp it from taking much damage.

When going from 2 to 3 make sure you keep the HP and str the level of a average 3 slot Cu.

Things that skip slots: Gallusaurus, 2 slot Reptalons, 2 slot Frost Mites.

The others skip if you skill them and add too many HP early.

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Best wait till Tuesday, then I assume you can add as you wish and slot jumping will not occur? (Wishful thinking here).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As I always tell Don when he tells players to wait. "Slot jumping is a Myth!"

Except for: Gallusaurus, 2 slot Reptalons, 2 slot Frost Mites.

I trained or helped train 2 lessers, 2 beetles, one nightmare last week. No problemos.

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well unfortunately several of us have trained pets that slot-jumped. It will not hurt too much 2 more days for the Pub98 to hit before continuing training. Patience rewards..

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As I always tell Don when he tells players to wait. "Slot jumping is a Myth!"

Except for: Gallusaurus, 2 slot Reptalons, 2 slot Frost Mites.

I trained or helped train 2 lessers, 2 beetles, one nightmare last week. No problemos.
Trained 2 slot reptalon and frost mite no slot jumping, but i know it exists.

Seen a wild mare we were holding in a house until we freed up stable slots go from 2 to 3 just by casting bless. When it was tamed it was 2, after it went to stables it turned 3 perm. Early after patch the nightmare slot jumping seemed to happen a lot more often, usually with nightmares around 300 str. Now most of the 2s spawn with 260-270 str, never seen it slot jump that low. We have tamed and trained alot of mares.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a one tamers stable full of slot jumps, points that can't be spent, a mare that is 5/5 but slot jumped from 4-5 in the 4-5 training and is won't gain training now, lol handed that one off to Don to play with for a bit :) 2 slot Naja's, 2 slot Mares and Rune Beetles have been the biggest PITA for me with slot jumping.