• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2 scary security breaches...

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
after going through EA's Official Account Transfer Process a couple months ago when i bought a vet account, i realized that the chars i inherited with the new account were still co-ownered to whatever houses they were via the original owner. and a couple chars were still in guilds. it seems to me that those are 2 very large potential security breaches!!!
worse case scenario (if i was a bad person), i discover what houses i'm co-ownered too and loot the crap out of them (if the containers are set to co-owners). then i hunt down and kill my guildies and loot their arties off their corpses.
since i'm NOT a bad person, this really freaks the SH*T out of me!!! i'm all hyper-paranoid about this stuff now, after being hacked last week. i didn't even realize some of the chars were in guilds until just now!!! and i know after buying the account (and - again - going through EA's Official Account Transfer Process!) i had to remove the co-ownership status of most of the chars before i could re-co-owner them to my houses... SCARY!!!
so if you know your pal's are selling their accounts, MAKE SURE you remove them as co-owners from your house(s) AND boot them from your guilds in the chance the new owner isn't so nice!!!
why this stuff isn't re-set and/or cleared when an account is transferred is way beyond me.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is the responsibility of the former account owner to handle this stuff. This isn't a security breach of any sort.