• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2 Questions About Water Tiles

G

Gwenyth

First - How do I place deco items on water tiles? Specifically, how do I get my new water lilies placed in my rooftop pond??

Second - Can you place something on or under the tiles to allow you to walk on them?

Any help is much appreciated :)

L

LadyStealheart

In all honesty I've never been able to place anything on an actual water tile... though I've placed the items I want "in" the pond in the grass outlaying the pond... and raised it up with a deco tool. I know the waterfall tiles and such if you place a grass tile or just a regular floor tile under it, the waterfall tile will cover up the grass completely so it looks like water, but you're allowed to walk on it.

Hope that helps you a little.

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't walk over a regular water tile as far as I know. As for the placement issue, remove the water tile in customization more, place the item where you want it and lock it down, then go back into customization and replace the water tile. The item *should* remain in place.

F

feath

what i've always had to do was place the item first, then place the water tile.
i think i've also tried it by leaving blank spaces where i want the item, and creating a walk way. then place the item, then go back into deco mode and fill in the water tiles.
but that was a lot more work, although more precise than the first method, where i make more mistakes lol

G

Gwenyth

Thanks for the replies! That's exactly the info I needed. I guess I was hoping that I wouldn't have to go back into customize mode since that involves removing the elven deco and relocating all the plants in my flower boxes after I'm done. I was hoping for a lazy way out :lick: