• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2 houses in one day?

• Thread starter imported_lord richard
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_lord richard

Ok, I'm no newbie to this game by any stretch, but last night on Atlantic I witnessed a certain player that was able to place 2 houses, one that blocked all his competition from placing, and later a full size one to fill the available space where the original Idoc was. I know he placed both houses. So I made a character search on Atlantic, and there aren't multiple characters with that same name on that shard. How in the hell can anyone playing legally place 2 houses within a week of one another, there is, afterall a 7 day timer, isn't there? How is it posstble to place 2 houses back to back, within 2 or 3 hours of each other with a timer in place?

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is taken from the IDOC FAQ above. I'm going to eventually update all these and organize them a bit. But there is alot of info on this forum that needs to be included.
Anyway. Hope this helps you understand what happened.

'If your account DOES NOT own a house or plot already, you may place a plot (the first plot at least) in the regular fashion, you WILL get the confirmation gump AND you will be warned that you can not place another house for 7 days.

However, you CAN place another house (even in the same spot but not sure why you'd want to unless you are placing a larger one), within the 7 day time period IF YOU DEMOLISH THE FIRST AND WAIT 15 MINUTES. You MUST be actually logged onto UO on that account during the 15 minute wait for it to work (and NOT own another house or plot).

This ONLY works if you DEMOLISH the house/plot NOT IF YOU TRADE IT OR SELL IT TO SOMEONE ELSE!

I'm not sure why the wait time is 15 minutes and not some other time period, like one hour or even 7 days, but Technically, if you place a house/plot on an account that DOES NOT already own one, AND then DEMOLISH it (and are not traded another one by another account or added a house in any other fashion to the account), you Technically Do Not Own a House on that account any longer.

Of course accounts that DO NOT own houses/plots CAN place a house/plot.

The only issue is that YOU MUST WAIT 15 minutes while LOGGED ONTO UO with the account that DOES NOT own a home that you wish to place with repeatedly.'

So the player could place a small one. Demolish it. Wait the 15 minutes in game, then place again.
Viola!

I

imported_lord richard

I hate to sound whiney, but that almost sounds like someone had an adgenda when the code was written for house placement....that is a prime idoc trick to screw everyone out of the loot/placement that doesn't know about that little tidbit of information. Thanks for the info.