• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] 190 luck gear - why plate armor?

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
EDIT AGAIN: Ok, I thought i had everything figured out but apparently not.

Super bummed that my armor set didn't turn out the way I planned.

So I crafted a 190 luck suit for my mage tamer out of platemail, because I see everyone sporting mage armor platemail. After imbuing resist, LRC, LMC and 1-2 MR, I enhanced with gold....all good so far.

I tried to add "mage armor" to it by going to the guildmage. To my shocking surprise, he says I can't?!?!
I then read uoguide and apparently mage armor takes a property slot so if you imbue 5 properties (reforged luck, resist, mr, lmc, lrc) then it has no space for mage armor.

Which makes me wonder, why on earth would any mage want to run 190 luck plate suit and WASTE an imbue slot for mage armor? I see soooo many tamer mages wearing it. I was hoping to sport my sweet 85/70/70/70/70 resist, 15MR, 2000luck, 40% lmc, 100% lrc suit 24/7.

For anyone thinking about making a luck suit for your mage/tamer and want a super optimal suit, make it out of leather...don't make the same mistake I did. =(

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
They might be running focus instead of meditation to help with the mana regeneration.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Maybe they're using the EC and are 1 button swapping to their luck armor right before the kill and wearing something else the rest of the time?

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Maybe they're using the EC and are 1 button swapping to their luck armor right before the kill and wearing something else the rest of the time?
I'm on EC so that's what Im going to do with this set. The 15 MR was a waste though. Live and learn! =)

On a side note: this game is pretty darn complex and sometimes it makes my head spin but MOST of the time, it's awesome! It's great experimenting with so many different things.

Last edited:

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Suit planning, design, and building can get confusing. If you've never built a suit and then discovered something you completely overlooked, screwed up, or forgot...then you probably haven't built many suits. Sorry for your misfortune on this one. Learn, take notes, and stick with it. Who has NEVER built a piece and forgot to powder before imbuing? Anyone? That will really piss you off. lol

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
The big bummer here is that it cost real world $ to learn as opposed to just uo gold, since you need to use forged metal.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Suit planning, design, and building can get confusing. If you've never built a suit and then discovered something you completely overlooked, screwed up, or forgot...then you probably haven't built many suits. Sorry for your misfortune on this one. Learn, take notes, and stick with it. Who has NEVER built a piece and forgot to powder before imbuing? Anyone? That will really piss you off. lol
Haha ya ive forgotten to POF pieces more than once. I make a conscious effort to avoid that mistake again.

Li Mu Bai

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Oh i was also there twice... in a row :) Really

There's also a good trick when You plan a perfect gargoyle armor and notice that You cannot enchance all the pieces. It's nice especially when You waste forged metal of artifacts use...

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
EDIT AGAIN: Ok, I thought i had everything figured out but apparently not.

Super bummed that my armor set didn't turn out the way I planned.

So I crafted a 190 luck suit for my mage tamer out of platemail, because I see everyone sporting mage armor platemail. After imbuing resist, LRC, LMC and 1-2 MR, I enhanced with gold....all good so far.

I tried to add "mage armor" to it by going to the guildmage. To my shocking surprise, he says I can't?!?!
I then read uoguide and apparently mage armor takes a property slot so if you imbue 5 properties (reforged luck, resist, mr, lmc, lrc) then it has no space for mage armor.

Which makes me wonder, why on earth would any mage want to run 190 luck plate suit and WASTE an imbue slot for mage armor? I see soooo many tamer mages wearing it. I was hoping to sport my sweet 85/70/70/70/70 resist, 15MR, 2000luck, 40% lmc, 100% lrc suit 24/7.

For anyone thinking about making a luck suit for your mage/tamer and want a super optimal suit, make it out of leather...don't make the same mistake I did. =(

Maybe they use plate because runic smith tools are the easiest and cheapest to obtain, also vs a horned runic kit I find a bronze runic produces 150 luck bits easier. add to this that a tamer is one of the few templates where sacrificing an imbue pass or two isn't a deal-breaker as regards your ability to deal out damage, its the pet doing that, also you don't strictly need all 70s in resists because it should be the pet taking the damage.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Why do you use bronze runic kits? Isn't copper better because you have a higher chance of clean 150 luck without extra properties? Bronze is good if you want 150 luck + another property, I thought.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Why do you use bronze runic kits? Isn't copper better because you have a higher chance of clean 150 luck without extra properties? Bronze is good if you want 150 luck + another property, I thought.
Last time I made a luck suit it was plate for my Gargoyle thrower(yes stone is better for the LMC but getting runic mallets is just ridiculous), I burned loads of copper runics without getting 150 luck on the bits, loads of 130/140, no 150s, I switched to bronze as I have loads of those and I prefer to save the coppers to make +10 stam bits, the bronze hammers delivered 150 luck very often and the other property was often something useful.