• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

18 X 18 Houseplot.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If someone want to place a 18 X 18 houseplot or you know someone. I can show you one just a little infront of my house.

Let me know if i need to show you the spot.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a new neighbour. I hope he can handle all those weird people around him!

G

Hehe, congrats to your new neighbour, Frarc!

There is a max. spot (18x18) right beside the Circus Charivari (near/east of Luna), in front of the former Horus Cave. If somebody would like to place a house there, let me know

P

Prudentis

Thanks for the plot Frarc and for helping your new neighbour out.
Now I have to read some house-building guides, so I don't spoil the neighbourhood with a crappy house design

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Thanks for the plot Frarc and for helping your new neighbour out.
Now I have to read some house-building guides, so I don't spoil the neighbourhood with a crappy house design

[/ QUOTE ]

Pleasure!

Well, for the house design..... wonder why no house was unfront of me? Maybe it got to do with horrible looking house and that cannon you saw on my roof!

P

Prudentis

ROFL!

Damnit, didn't think about it before I placed my house ... What's the shooting distance of this damn thing?

And as for design ... Luckily my wife has, in contrary to me, some very good taste, so I think I will just show her the designs until she approves. (might take a while, though)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Take your time for the design. It took me a couple of weeks to make mine. I even drawed them roughly on paper first .

And for the cannon...well i know Box is often on the roof to take care of the aquarium. Knowing his reputation as a T-hunter to blow up stuff, especially himself, i should not worry too much about it!

C

Cat Crimson

Prudentis, with your old account it means you can use most of the veteran rewards right ? if so I have some housewarming presents for you, PM me ?

P

Prudentis

I really don't know. probably not

My account is old indeed, but I think only the active subscription periods count.
I couldn't use Frarc's steed statuette for example.

P

Prudentis

About the costs.
Placing the plot cost about 180K
Now, ehen I enter the customizing tool, the costs are listed as 187K.
Does that mean, that I have to pay the 187 or is this the price I already payed for the plot and only what exceeds this 187 will be real new costs?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
187K is the price of the plot already, you don't need to pay that again.

P

Prudentis

Frarc, if I build sometning small now, to save costs and not have to look at the emty spot and later reconsider, once I am set on a design, will I have to pay the full price (minus the polt) or will I have to pay for the old one and the new one?

Cat, what exactly does "housewarming party" mean?

I am an oldtime pen and paper roleplayer but I don't really roleplay inside UO if not necessary
Some how computers and rolplaying dont mix for me

But you are welcome to come and visit me of course and we can meet for this "housewarming" once you have explained to me, what this really means ...
You bring the food and I order the strippers? (j/k)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can make a design now and then later if you change it you only need to pay what you build on the new design. If you take away tiles you get a refund even.

Let say you just build blue floor tiles. Then next time you change them in red floor tiles the cost is 0 .

You only pay 1 time for the tiles you place. If you build the first time a house of 1 million and then the second time one of 700K you get 300K refund.

If you build one the first time of 200K and then the second time one of 800K you will have to pay 600K extra.

P

Prudentis

Sweet!

Ok so the house I'm designing now with my daughter may stay

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a look in the house just a minute ago and it looks realy nice!

P

Prudentis

Thanks

Now the decorating will take probably even more time.
For a start, where can I get those standing, big Chests? (metal and wood)
Things that come to mind for starters would be a bed, some cupboards, tables and chairs.
Of the more practical things a forge and anvil for the smith's workshop.
If the things can be crafted, than I would like to make them myself because it's more fun this way

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most things you can make yourself with a carpenter. Stone tables need digged up stone but you need to learn some specail stonecrafting books from Gargoyle City in Ilshenar.
Only a GM carpenter can read the books and a GM miner can only dig up stones i think.

Metal chest can be got from Paragon Monsters or from SoS bottles from fishing.

Paragon chest you better let them open by a good lockpicker with some experience removing traps.

Thats why i have a complete crafter with carpentry,tinkering,smithing, mining and tailoring. This way i could make alot of my house decoration stuff myself.

P

Prudentis

OK
So I'll train up my Miner/SMith to become a carpenter also? And what about tinkering, is it OK to put all the major crafting skills on one char?

And for those chests. I have two adeptly drawn maps from the hiryus I was killing lately. I know you have a cartographer/lockpicker. Can we go dig them up?

Since I will need many chests, so you know if I can buy them anywhere?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We can dig those up but T-chest can not picked up and taken home with us.

People sell Paragon chests. I keep a eye on them too when i go out Daemon hunting for Virtues in Blood Dungeon in Ilshenar.

My Crafters:

Bochel. Gwendolyn.

P

Prudentis

OK

Magery you need to craft some items but why do they have music, medi and arms lore?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Amslore give some extra resists on armor and damage increase on weapons. Music to make my own Instruments.
And Medi just because i wanted it.

To make a interesting template you could do:

120 Smithing
120 Tailoring
100 Mining
100 Tinkering
100 Carpentry
100 Armslore
80 Magery

P

Prudentis

I'll do that, looks very nice.
Although, I don't have the 720 cap increase yet.

Can you please make a forge and anvil for me?
My smith is standing in my house looking at an empty workshop

On second thought, maybe just grant him access to your house so he can use your anvil?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What forge and anvil? Elfs forge? Big or small normal forge? Anvil and Forge facing south or east?

Just name it and ill make it.