• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

120 magery worth the points on pets?

Squishy

Visitor
I'm considering going with a mage/ai/goo on a bane dragon I have and was wondering if going 120 magery is worth the 50 additional points over a 110 scroll.

Aside from a slight increase to greater heal it looks like a 110 magery scroll would be enough to cast everything they'll be casting.

Last edited:

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Great question! I thought this as well and always figured 110 magery was the way to go yet i see so many pets with 120 magery. I concluded the same as you. Gheals are slightly better but thats about it.

Banes are worth a lot because they make great pvp pets. If you are building a pvp pet, i wouldnt go with AI. If you want your bane for pvm and because it looks cool, then AI can be a viable special move.

Squishy

Visitor
Great question! I thought this as well and always figured 110 magery was the way to go yet i see so many pets with 120 magery. I concluded the same as you. Gheals are slightly better but thats about it.

Banes are worth a lot because they make great pvp pets. If you are building a pvp pet, i wouldnt go with AI. If you want your bane for pvm and because it looks cool, then AI can be a viable special move.
Thanks for the info. Yeah, I'm not much of a pvper but really like the poison abilities on the banes and they do look really nice. Just trying to making it a well rounded and good pet.

Also considering going chiv/ai with the bane but it would be really tight and I'd have to make some sacrifices.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Since you are not interested in PvP, then Chiv/AI bane is option? Or Magery 110-115/AI/Goo or PB Or Just Magery/AI. For the CHIV/AI variety training is more balanced with Str at 540+ pre-skill, but Ive seen ok with less (530), but some sacrifices may be needed then. Chiv/AI for best 1x1 damage and decent defense.
The magery varieties bless themselves to higher STR / INT / DEX I think also.
Also if you go Magery, are you going to also go Eval Int 110-120? This one would tend to make a difference for duration and intensity of the bane's magic spells! So really 120 magery/120 Eval, now you are talking some gold for these PS also..For possibly less damage than Chiv/AI with less gold for PS.
You may want to leave some points untrained for when they fix the Magery Mastery that is all f**ed up now..

Last edited: