• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discordance] 120 from swoops?

• Thread starter lancelot99
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
L

lancelot99

I'm currently at 110 discord and working it up slooooooooooooowly...

can i get to 120 on swoops?

and if so, should i use normal or exeptional instruments?

All advice welcome

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Without knowing what your Musicianship is at, it is hard to evaluate if Swoops would be a good choice for you. When training, you will want to target creatures you have 50% success chance to discord. Use the UO Stratics - Bard Difficulty to calculate your success chance. I found great success hunting Balrons at 110/100 Discord/Music. There are several spawn locations and will take you to Knight of Honor (Swoop will not).

Stayin Alive,

BG

L

lancelot99

Well, 120 music and 110 Discord.... looking at the Bard Calc...

swoops with excep Instrument gives me 30%

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For that skill range, Swoop would work. The Sphynx may work better. Your success chance will be closer to 50% and it is much faster to kill than Swoop (your cycle through targets would be faster). Like Swoop, it does not attack on sight and spawns in a low risk area.

Stayin Alive,

BG

5% Luck

What I did was worked the twisted weald champ spawn up to Cu sides. Then I marchered around discording them without the need to invis/break discord. From 110-120 was fairly fast this way.

Your other option is to set up a mana suit and use the mastery. Toggle it on/off repeatedly. Should take a little longer but you can do this anytime your not "actively hunting". IE bank sitting or house cleaning. Surly not AFK!

If you only want to actively hunt might try the rotten corpes too. Especially if you have a cu side you want to train the healing past 90 on.

Its been my experience that swoops are a "160" meaning only work on them as a means to their loot and not as a skill drive. Any of the 160s are considered doable in your range but skill gains will be slow.

curlybeard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Obtain a crystal ball of knowledge. The quest giver is at the entrance of the ter mur royal city mysticism shop. The crystal ball tells you how effective what you are doing is at gaining skill. Works for all skills.

L

lancelot99

I have a average mana suit and i tried the 'Master' gain route, but still ran out of mana, so i was constantly waiting for mana to build up.. and after a few hours of doing that, i didn't get a single point gain (do i have to be moving for it to work? or just be patient and stand still? ) the guide on it didn't specify

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you can stand still.

they killed 8x8 10 years ago.

L

lancelot99

Hehe showing my 8x8 age :p

ok, trying the Macro masteries... but going slooow...

Better make a cuppa