• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

120 fishing scroll

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimhoward

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally got a 120 scroll. Fisher sat 110 real. Quest from SB to Papau. GL shard.
15 Rock Lobsters
15 King crab
15 Crag Snapper
15 Drake fish
20 Lurker fish
20 Orc Bass
This after around 130 quests.
Now I can stop the crab fishing I hope.

Don't need a max load to get the scroll.
The RNG paid off or once.

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats!!! And in such short time too.

That is pretty darn close to max load though. You have like 105 points worth of dungeon fish alone. Total points is like 120.

I don't even want to think about what quest number I may be on but last I looked I had 97 rare books in my chest from the quests alone.

Glad the RNG paid off for you!!!!

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally got a 120 scroll. Fisher sat 110 real. Quest from SB to Papau. GL shard.
15 Rock Lobsters
15 King crab
15 Crag Snapper
15 Drake fish
20 Lurker fish
20 Orc Bass

Congratulations.

The total points of this order if we assume 2 points per crab/lobster and 3 per dungeon fish was 270. If we factor in 0.5 for crabs/lobsters it becomes 225 total points.

S

soulstoner

Nice - Good to hear!!

if he the crustaceans are still being counted as half the 'intended 2' that would sum to a 240 point order. Seems to be the happy number for the 120 scroll.

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's obvious we all have our own way of calculating what an order might be worth. But either way, Thanks for posting the order that you got your 120 scroll with. It gives the rest of us at least something to go by.

I get plenty of 6 part orders, but unfortunatly by time I get a 6 line order they are only asking for 10's or 15's on the fishes, or the order is for mostly crabs instead of dungeons, which totals to not so many points. My one and two line orders usually end up being for 20 each of the dungeon fish. Trying to figure out if there is a way to reset my questing.

kimhoward

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have noticed that after receiving a scroll, any scroll, it seems that I started getting orders for one or two liners. after 2 trips to the quest giver went back to 5 or 6 liners. Hope this helps.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have noticed that after receiving a scroll, any scroll, it seems that I started getting orders for one or two liners. after 2 trips to the quest giver went back to 5 or 6 liners. Hope this helps.
confirming this, same observation

B

Beastmaster

Got my 120 a few minutes ago. I am at 106.6 fishing. Order was the following:

10 fred lobsters
20 rock crabs
20 amberjack
20 haddock
20 darkfish
20 dungeon chub

115 pointer

It was my 169th order since the last fishing changes and somewhere below 300 total orders from start.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

10 fred lobsters
20 rock crabs
20 amberjack
20 haddock
20 darkfish
20 dungeon chub

115 pointer

It was my 169th order since the last fishing changes and somewhere below 300 total orders from start.
Congrats! :) :thumbsup:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

10 fred lobsters
20 rock crabs
20 amberjack
20 haddock
20 darkfish
20 dungeon chub

115 pointer
The regular points would be 20 + 40 + 40 + 40 + 60 + 60 = 260 total points...

G

Gowron

10 fred lobsters
20 rock crabs
20 amberjack
20 haddock
20 darkfish
20 dungeon chub

115 pointer
I'm not so sure. I have a feeling that the crustacians are still being weighted as 0.5, and I'm not sure if the deep sea fish are actually being weighted as 1 or 2.

Either way, congratulations on the find.

B

Beastmaster

10 fred lobsters
20 rock crabs
20 amberjack
20 haddock
20 darkfish
20 dungeon chub

115 pointer
popps

You can persist in your stubbon pursuit or you can face the facts that MANY fisherman have seen proven time and time again. Mark does NOT know WTF he is talking about when it comes to points. He has been mistaken from the start and hasn't the brains to read his own damn code. I like others, have recorded every order in a spreadsheet which tallies the point value of each order and predicts the resulting reward. IF the reward turns out to be a bait it matched the predicted point value EVERY time, with the exception that any order valued over 100 points becomes a 100 count rare bait, if bait is rolled.

If you want to persist then please address your posts to Mark since only you and he believe what he says.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
popps

You can persist in your stubbon pursuit or you can face the facts that MANY fisherman have seen proven time and time again. Mark does NOT know WTF he is talking about when it comes to points. He has been mistaken from the start and hasn't the brains to read his own damn code. I like others, have recorded every order in a spreadsheet which tallies the point value of each order and predicts the resulting reward. IF the reward turns out to be a bait it matched the predicted point value EVERY time, with the exception that any order valued over 100 points becomes a 100 count rare bait, if bait is rolled.

If you want to persist then please address your posts to Mark since only you and he believe what he says.

Well, then please post your findings about what are the actual true points that the system conputed and what are the point values linked to the various rewards according to your findings (i.e. how many points order give what reward....).

So we can check them out with out orders and see if the expected reward matches the order...

B

Beastmaster

popps

Well, then please post your findings about what are the actual true points that the system conputed and what are the point values linked to the various rewards according to your findings (i.e. how many points order give what reward....).

So we can check them out with out orders and see if the expected reward matches the order...
Who is this we you refer to? You and Mark? It's the same data results posted here by others. You didn't understand it then and you won't understand it now. The figures have been proven over and over and you still ask to see it again. If you want to see the formula that gave me the 115 score on the above order go find it in the other threads yourself.

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats on the 120 scroll, I'm still working for mine. Did manage a 115 two days ago, so at least my skills are going up as I continue to fish for the 120. If you want to talk about quirky rewards... then you guys should love this....

20 Black sea bass
20 Pumkin seed fish
15 uncommon shiner
15 demon trout
10 cutthroat
20 orc bass

I count it as 104 points, the rest can count it as you wish, but wait till you see what I got for a reward...
wait for it...
it was really worth the fish
A Lava Trap

Yep a freaking lava trap!!!
Go figure that one out.

B

Beastmaster

Congrats on the 120 scroll, I'm still working for mine. Did manage a 115 two days ago, so at least my skills are going up as I continue to fish for the 120.
Was that a 115 as a reward or from binding? I ask because I haven't seen any reports of 115s dropping.

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 115 was from fishing quest.

15 blue crab
15 haddock
20 amber jack
15 grim cisco
10 orc bass
15 dark fish

Moon to Skara
at 5:25 pm

Calc it as you like... : )

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's the same data results posted here by others.

Since there is quite some confusion over points, as some say they think they are counted as 0.5, some think 1 some think 2, I cannot have any idea which points you are referring to.
Besides, I did not notice any post of yours where you indicate what points order is expected to give what reward....

That is the information I was kindly asking you to provide so that players can test it over their orders and see if their orders are consistant with what expected according to your findings.

Hope it is more clear now....

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats on the 120 scroll, I'm still working for mine. Did manage a 115 two days ago, so at least my skills are going up as I continue to fish for the 120. If you want to talk about quirky rewards... then you guys should love this....

20 Black sea bass
20 Pumkin seed fish
15 uncommon shiner
15 demon trout
10 cutthroat
20 orc bass

I count it as 104 points, the rest can count it as you wish, but wait till you see what I got for a reward...
wait for it...
it was really worth the fish
A Lava Trap

Yep a freaking lava trap!!!
Go figure that one out.

This is one example of my complaints about the fishing order system.

I said it a thousand times, the system as of now is plainly wrong as better orders often end up giving much worse rewards than worse orders.

That is, the quality of the reward being given does NOT reflect the quality of the order being turned in.

It looks like a ruffle where anything goes.....

I mean, I have yet to hear anyone reporting a 6-liner all asking for 20 dungeon fish each (the very best order ever possible...) giving out a book as a reward but if that was reported, it would not surprise me at all.....

And, I cannot possibly agree with this.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is one example of my complaints about the fishing order system.

I said it a thousand times, the system as of now is plainly wrong as better orders often end up giving much worse rewards than worse orders.

That is, the quality of the reward being given does NOT reflect the quality of the order being turned in.

It looks like a ruffle where anything goes.....

I mean, I have yet to hear anyone reporting a 6-liner all asking for 20 dungeon fish each (the very best order ever possible...) giving out a book as a reward but if that was reported, it would not surprise me at all.....

And, I cannot possibly agree with this.
Have you ever done smith bods with the new system?????

I can get a val hammer from a agy 6 part 20 but i can also get a verite hammer from a 5 part 20 val bod, its a freeking game its random in groupes live with it or shut up and f off your moaning.

You dont see us smith coming to the forums every freeking day moaning about the game saying "hey why did my agy bod give me a val hammer and my val bod give me a aggy hammer, surely thats not right..........................!"

blah blah blah

quit poops before you die young from stress over a freeking computer game that your ment to play for FUN [if you even know what the word fun and enjoyment means]

Thunderz

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
quit poops before you die young from stress over a freeking computer game that your ment to play for FUN [if you even know what the word fun and enjoyment means]

You know, it is no stress for me, it is only that I refuse to think "it is the way it is, take it or leave it.....".

If I see something I do not agree with, whether it stresses me or not I think it as my right to voice my dissent, nonetheless.

I do not like what I see, and I say it. I just cannot accept "it is the way it is, take it or leave it.....".

Even if I take it, I still think it as my right to voice up my dissent.

S

swateam46

Congrats on the 120 !!!!

I hit 120 a couple of weeks ago and have not noticed anything way too different , other than certain types of fish/crabs and lobster seem to finding a way to my hold...Lol

Anyhoo....best of luck to ya!!!

Captain [[1%]] Lake Austin Fishing Guild

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its a freeking game its random in groupes live with it or shut up and f off your moaning.

Random ?

I am not so sure about that....

Just turned in a another 1-liner, this one for 10 Rock Crabs and got what ?

A 5 charges bait for Autumn Dragonfish....

I have yet to have a 1-liner for 10 named crabs/lobsters give me more than a 5 charges bait and so far, therefore, I cannot say it is random at all.

But I do have lots of guesses that named crabs and lobsters are NOT being counted for the 2 points we were told they should be........

G

Gowron

Random ?

I am not so sure about that....

I have yet to have a 1-liner for 10 named crabs/lobsters give me more than a 5 charges bait and so far, therefore, I cannot say it is random at all.

But I do have lots of guesses that named crabs and lobsters are NOT being counted for the 2 points we were told they should be........
OK, Popps, this is getting old. You've made your point numerous times, and now all you're doing is repeating yourself. Quite frankly, if you haven't emailed the Devs, you're only wasting your time now as well as presenting the impression that you are losing your sanity over a freakin' game. I'm past the point of irritation. I am now at the point of having pity for you and about to recommend you to seek counseling or other psychiatric help.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

And how many people here have to tell you that named crab/lobsters are worth .5, let me repeat that for you .5 points when it comes to getting bait.

MARK WAS WRONG, QUIT YOUR WHINNING AND EMAIL THE DEVS LIKE YOU WERE TOLD TO DO.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And now I think everyone within a 20 mile radius of this post is clear what Popps should do, This thread as served it's purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.