• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] 11x120 Black CU collectors pet

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Pawain your very entertaining i give you that sir. the aggressive way your coming at this thing is amazing to me. u run those tests on test server sir and come back. you might just see things from anthers point of view. i do not have that pet posted any longer, but i do have one that just has chiv/blade-weave/cb and one that has just bladeweave/cb, i use them every time i go to tank anything. short runs no they do not out-damage a normal chiv/ai build. u put them up on a long term fight and the average will win. all this being said if you want to test one of our other pets in a battle, or anyone else like that, i would be happy to do some wagers on Atlantic. but for the wagers people are talking i want it on Atlantic, with nails and a breakdown on the rule-sets for said battle. i am making another one. that wasn't even the best one out there we posted either. i will say this thought.....
obviously this is something worth talking/testing about so maybe bring the offense down a tad eh? its just a game/pet bud. :)

Last edited:

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It's not rocket science science. He said that Cu would beat a Chiv/AI Cu. I don't think it can.
for the record keith i never said anything about fighting this exact pet that was sold in the post. i said i have more built and i would be willing to bet one of my finished bladeweavers vs your chiv/ai build on atlantic, pending rules, broker, ect.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pawain your very entertaining i give you that sir. the aggressive way your coming at this thing is amazing to me. u run those tests on test server sir and come back. you might just see things from anthers point of view.
That is the point. You said you had others. You can give one on Test Server at your convenience and Ill test it there with my Cu. Ill post the results for all to see whichever way it goes.

One that does not have poison would be better. I have an AI/CB/Chiv Cu to do fair tests with.

If Bladeweave is good, I would try it on a Triton.

I don't care for wagers or pet fights. But, Pet fights from a group of players on TC would be fun to have. We may be able to get an EM or someone to run it. If we get enough interest.

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
yes but i dont need to prove it to myself pawain, i already have on my own server...you are only going to believe it once you run your own tests so i dont understand how me going to test with my pet is going to help you with your test. u need to grind that pet up and understand where and why i came up with the price i did on the last one.

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
yes but i dont need to prove it to myself pawain, i already have on my own server...you are only going to believe it once you run your own tests so i dont understand how me going to test with my pet is going to help you with your test. u need to grind that pet up and understand where and why i came up with the price i did on the last one.
im working up one with Chiv/Bladeweaving/CB and its almost 100% trained, if you help/explain/what you need me to do i am happy to help test this with you sir.

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I could see it being tanky using the block move but with it being a 1 in 7 chance of using block it would seem to be ..... chancy. I would take a feint triton as a tank over a CU with bladeweave. But you have my curiosity sparked and I may try to build on myself and work it's skills up here and there and in a few months I can see if this out tanks a feint triton. I wouldn't pay anywhere near a plat myself for any pet that wasn't a PP tho.

After all it will still cast bleed 1 of seven times compared to a feint triton which will just cast feint. If it's stong suit is in tanking there would be no need to 120 anything but wrestle (which is free on trition) , ninja, bushido and maybe parry. I use a feint triton set strong to certain boss resist I don't run consume on and heal great once in a while so I see no great advantage to a CU using block etc. But as I said I gotta work one up for myself out of curiosity now if it's worthy monopoly plats.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
im working up one with Chiv/Bladeweaving/CB and its almost 100% trained, if you help/explain/what you need me to do i am happy to help test this with you sir.
I would time how long it takes to kill specific mobs then do the same with my pet. Run consume so the pet does not take damage and just fights. It takes a long time to make paragons and do it 5 times and get the times for each then do it with the other pet. The pet would have to start with full mana each time. I would start with a Para Balron then move to the Para Dragons and Greater Dragons in Ki rin passage.

Then move to testing the defense of the pets by letting them battle things that will kill them and time how long they last. I would start with an Allosaurus and move up from that.

It is not a quick and easy thing. That's why it is much easier to get the pet and test it when I have time.

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I would time how long it takes to kill specific mobs then do the same with my pet. Run consume so the pet does not take damage and just fights. It takes a long time to make paragons and do it 5 times and get the times for each then do it with the other pet. The pet would have to start with full mana each time. I would start with a Para Balron then move to the Para Dragons and Greater Dragons in Ki rin passage.

Then move to testing the defense of the pets by letting them battle things that will kill them and time how long they last. I would start with an Allosaurus and move up from that.

It is not a quick and easy thing. That's why it is much easier to get the pet and test it when I have time.
well considering he can sit at shadow ele, in full discord, with 2 shadows on him with no consume dmg or anything and maintain himself 100%. this pet was built to tank, it was built so i could truly test it aganst my main builds. i donno man ill finish this blaze one up and ill bring it over and test. would u prefer the chiv/blade/cb one tested the blade/cb or this white chiv/blade/poison/poison breath one tested. i will do this for sure pawain.

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

i can give you one to test, let me get it up to 120/120 and ill hand her over.

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
K.... If I get the Pet on TC you can have it when I'm done to run your damage sheets. Or he can let you have it and I wont have to waste time on testing it.
are you looking to do a honest test on this or just waiting for me to run mine more so u can bash it? im confused on your approach to this? i did not start this thread to be bashed and belittled. i started it to get a conversation going on this build. if you want to run some tests, or help me verify the ones your trying to get me to do for you then thats fine. but i dont get why the hostility on a post. u say you built this pet but i find it hard to believe you have grinded those skills to 120 to be able to even fully test it maxed. this being said im willing to accommodate however. but u need to be more open minded vs the automatic "crap" stamp u labeled it as in the beginning without fully testing what u claimed.

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
View attachment 115550 longstanding reputation. i'm sure you definitely "sold" it
jake, nothing positive comes from your sad attempt to troll me. this conversation is obviously mixed on opinions. pretty dumb your greed gets in the way of reason. u wanna see/bet/buy one from me hit me up icq @spitfire or in game anytime. id be happy to show u what u cant afford.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
jake, nothing positive comes from your sad attempt to troll me. this conversation is obviously mixed on opinions. pretty dumb your greed gets in the way of reason. u wanna see/bet/buy one from me hit me up icq @spitfire or in game anytime. id be happy to show u what u cant afford.
What is the problem coming to test? After all YOU were the one who said " just to comfirm, i have 4 of these built. and every one of them will tear ur traditional chiv/AI build up. so if ud like to bet on that hit me up. " I would think you would be wanting to get to TC as quickly as you could.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
for the record keith i never said anything about fighting this exact pet that was sold in the post. i said i have more built and i would be willing to bet one of my finished bladeweavers vs your chiv/ai build on atlantic, pending rules, broker, ect.
Actually, you said you have 4 just like this. What exactly is the problem going to test? Not everybody plays ATL.

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
What is the problem coming to test? After all YOU were the one who said " just to comfirm, i have 4 of these built. and every one of them will tear ur traditional chiv/AI build up. so if ud like to bet on that hit me up. " I would think you would be wanting to get to TC as quickly as you could.
Once again go read the thread again. I have a job bud I can’t just stop and run over to test on the drop of a dime. I will bring him the one he prefers to test. Depending which one that is I will need to finish grinding the bush/nit so we can properly see the tank abilities on that exact pet. I have 4 built, I have one at 119.8/119.8 I’m bringing him up and I yes I plan on helping verify what multiple people on this thread are trying to explain to you guys.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Once again go read the thread again. I have a job bud I can’t just stop and run over to test on the drop of a dime. I will bring him the one he prefers to test. Depending which one that is I will need to finish grinding the bush/nit so we can properly see the tank abilities on that exact pet. I have 4 built, I have one at 119.8/119.8 I’m bringing him up and I yes I plan on helping verify what multiple people on this thread are trying to explain to you guys.
LOL I have read it. What I am reading is that you popped off and dared someone to bet you and threw out and number you didn't think anyone would agree to. Now that your bluff was called, you are simply dodging. No worries though. Nothing less was expected. :) My gusss is that you are now trying to "buy time" and build another one, fixing the OBVIOUS mistakes on the one you "supposedly" sold. Again, all good. Just let it go bud. Most of us see the thread for what it is.

FYI, it takes 5 seconds to transfer to test!

Or, you get get the person you supposedly sold this pet to, to transfer it to test. Just a thought. ;)

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Lol you are missing it. U set that number. All owner said was if u wanted to fight his pet u need to pay him 4.5p and he will finish grinding it first. You clearly didn’t read it. U added your own twist and are trying to do what exactly? No where in here did I say I wouldn’t bet on pet fights, quite the opposite. Wow. Just wow.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Lol you are missing it. U set that number. All owner said was if u wanted to fight his pet u need to pay him 4.5p and he will finish grinding it first. You clearly didn’t read it. U added your own twist and are trying to do what exactly? No where in here did I say I wouldn’t bet on pet fights, quite the opposite. Wow. Just wow.
Just let it go. LOL

Jake of Pac

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
ahh
the ole "it took me forever to train, and i ruined tons of cus because of my piss poor pet planning" elitism. garbage regens, garbage damage, it's a garbage cu. plain and simple. sure, you got the abilities. sweet. good luck having your cu swing at cap with no stam regen. lost tankiness without the hpr. only 20 mr?? is there some science behind not having cap str? and if your pet is such a tank, why so many wasted points on hp? if you can't keep a pet alive with "an amazing tank build" at 575-600 hp you're doing something wrong. so yes, people are going to troll when you build a cu like ****. say "it sold" for 2 plat. then try to defend it.

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
ahh

the ole "it took me forever to train, and i ruined tons of cus because of my piss poor pet planning" elitism. garbage regens, garbage damage, it's a garbage cu. plain and simple. sure, you got the abilities. sweet. good luck having your cu swing at cap with no stam regen. lost tankiness without the hpr. only 20 mr?? is there some science behind not having cap str? and if your pet is such a tank, why so many wasted points on hp? if you can't keep a pet alive with "an amazing tank build" at 575-600 hp you're doing something wrong. so yes, people are going to troll when you build a cu like ****. say "it sold" for 2 plat. then try to defend it.
I admit on this post this is been adjusted to fit everything. Nowhere in there did I say it was the best one I have. And also no ones posted a screenshot of their full 120 yet so all these “I know if all posts” are dumb. We are going to test it. I put a 2p price on the 3 months it took to get one to 120/120. This was a feeler post put out on the build. It’s astounding how close minded most of these comments are.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Joshua Gould y'all had a busy night here.

The blade/cb/chiv one would be the best one to test. I'll be online in a few hours.

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@Joshua Gould y'all had a busy night here.

The blade/cb/chiv one would be the best one to test. I'll be online in a few hours.
Sounds good I’ll bring him over now and u can have a copy then I’ll keep grinding this one up and we can try again at 120. Swapping him to offense/defense would be critical on testing also as I intend to check myself.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok I'm out getting lunch. I'll be there in 30 or so min. Thanks

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I should of specified man I’m working for about 5 hours yet but but as soon as I’m home I’ll transfer over! Sorry I didn’t clarify
No Problem. That's closer to the time I will be playing.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
you made the bet your own, originally. i offered to bet with you on Atlantic....dont confuse the facts. the only person that said we wouldn't is you bud.
Who is "we"? I'm sorry are you and @D4rksh33p the same person??? I'm a bit confused by y'all answering each other's questions. Also, what was the result? I still haven't heard.

D4rksh33p

Adventurer
Who is "we"? I'm sorry are you and @D4rksh33p the same person??? I'm a bit confused by y'all answering each other's questions. Also, what was the result? I still haven't heard.
1. We can do any test u would as soon as its finished.
2. I set a bet and nobody took it enough serious
3. Me and Jos have 2 accounts with 2 different names... annnnd... we are 2 persons
4. Now.. if u wanna talk about no vax or chemtrails?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What I meant by longer fights is , by replacing the stupid bleed, and having the cusidhe set to ''offensive'' you double see maybe triple your mana sustain just by doing that , your ai/chiv cusidhe after 3 minutes is sitting at 0 mana, sometimes overlapsing chiv spells, while your bladeweave pet might deal +50% dmg from crushing blows, AIs, or bleeds yea but all of THAT at half the cost 15 mana. Now do a 10 minutes fight and I am pretty sure the bladeweave pet is still rocking mana and will catch up on the damage a cu sidhe with chiv/ai would do. Now your bladeweave cusidhe has also +20% parry chance , it the main thing about the whole bladeweave thing, its that damn passive 20% parry chance that a cu sidhe cant get otherwise since it's not a tokuno pet, unless you put feint which also give bushido the same way.

What I hate about bleed/ai/chiv cus, is when they reach 0 mana, if they regain 30 mana , they actually can recast the stupid bleed for irrelevant damage and waste of mana, but most of the time they hardly reach back 30 mana for either bleed or AI since they constantly spamm chiv spells...

Yes with triton now , I'd be more tempted to try this build on triton, I mean it's just a better pet than cusidhe overall for pvm and has larger abilities choice to combine with bladeweave I agree with you for this.
Crushing Blow does not deal +50% Damage for pets. It only deals 10 Stam Damage to the opponent. For PvM, the Bleed, Crushing Blow, Para Blow, and Mortal Strike of offensive Bladeweave are all garbage. Only the AI, Feint, and Block are of any use. At 120 Bushido, Feint gives -50% Damage Taken for 6 seconds from the target. At 120 Bushido, Block gives +15% DCI/-40% Spell Damage Taken/-65% Attack Damage Taken, but also has -15% HCI/-30% Damage debuffs, and it lasts for 6 seconds or next successful Parry, whichever comes first.

Toggling EoO off does not cost Mana. A 120 Chiv pet is dealing +82% damage during EoO. +15% HCI/+20% DI/+10% SSI/-10% DCI during Divine Fury. +15% Damage and targets victim's weakest Resist for the next hit after casting Con Wep. Chiv abilities themselves cost very little Mana, i can take a pet with 370 INT/30 MR/GM Focus/GM Med and nothing but Chiv, and he regens Mana faster than Chiv uses it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Crushing Blow does not deal +50% Damage for pets. It only deals 10 Stam Damage to the opponent. For PvM, the Bleed, Crushing Blow, Para Blow, and Mortal Strike of offensive Bladeweave are all garbage. Only the AI, Feint, and Block are of any use. At 120 Bushido, Feint gives -50% Damage Taken for 6 seconds from the target. At 120 Bushido, Block gives +15% DCI/-40% Spell Damage Taken/-65% Attack Damage Taken, but also has -15% HCI/-30% Damage debuffs, and it lasts for 6 seconds or next successful Parry, whichever comes first.

Toggling EoO off does not cost Mana. A 120 Chiv pet is dealing +82% damage during EoO. +15% HCI/+20% DI/+10% SSI/-10% DCI during Divine Fury. +15% Damage and targets victim's weakest Resist for the next hit after casting Con Wep. Chiv abilities themselves cost very little Mana, i can take a pet with 370 INT/30 MR/GM Focus/GM Med and nothing but Chiv, and he regens Mana faster than Chiv uses it.
I have done enough tests on the two dogs I was given. Ill try to post them in a thread tomorrow. Ill put a link here and post in the tamers forum. So head over there when it is up and mention these things. @Quickblade has used the bladeweave build and helped me at lot.

Thanks and kudos to @Joshua Gould for letting me have copies of his Bladeweave pets.

@everyone I am sure there will be many opinions. Try to be civil.

D4rksh33p

Adventurer
I have done enough tests on the two dogs I was given. Ill try to post them in a thread tomorrow. Ill put a link here and post in the tamers forum. So head over there when it is up and mention these things. @Quickblade has used the bladeweave build and helped me at lot.

Thanks and kudos to @Joshua Gould for letting me have copies of his Bladeweave pets.

@everyone I am sure there will be many opinions. Try to be civil.
Ty for your job

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still think that a bladeweave/fww pet is better than a chiv ai dog in certain situation aka champions spawns exemple, thanks all for you opinions tho and thanks pawain for the tests. The question was never to know if a bladeweave pet can outdamage a chiv/ai pet in a less than 3 minute 1v1 fight, we all know the chiv/ai pet is better. But any other situation where the dog can be surrounded by different type of mobs (where chiv isnt very good) or any situation where aoe is prefered or a fight is expected to be alot longer where mana sustain become an issue on a chiv/ai pet, is where bladeweave shine.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok the results are in!

Hop on over and give your experiences/opinions.

@Joshua Gould and @D4rksh33p I did not mention yall in that thread. IMO What we discussed here about the auction should not be moved over there unless you want to.

We can limit it to discussion on the Bladeweave build in a perfect world.

Thanks

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok the results are in!

Hop on over and give your experiences/opinions.

@Joshua Gould and @D4rksh33p I did not mention yall in that thread. IMO What we discussed here about the auction should not be moved over there unless you want to.

We can limit it to discussion on the Bladeweave build in a perfect world.

Thanks
thank you for taking the time to look at this build.