• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] 10k per plant...how do you feel about that?

Mina_Lino

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lately i've noticed that a lot of people (at least on my shard) ask 10k for a decorative plant.

How do you feel about this?

Does that price seem acceptable or not?
How much would/do you ask?

Starting my own plant vendor soon.
(on Europa...wish me luck LOL)

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a plant vendor on LS and the non-rare plants sell for 500 and 8 seeds will set you back a mere 250. The real money comes from the natural dyes, particularly the rare colors (white, black, aqua, etc.). These go for 75k+

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a plant vendor on LS and the non-rare plants sell for 500 and 8 seeds will set you back a mere 250. The real money comes from the natural dyes, particularly the rare colors (white, black, aqua, etc.). These go for 75k+
Wow, really? My daughters and I sold plants 15 years ago for 500gp. Amazing how some things stay the same but yet if I want to buy a new armor suit for my archer it's gonna cost me megamillions? How does that balance out? Not quite fair.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried selling decorative plants for a few months but I didn't really sell much. What did sell was the mutated plants which I sold for 20k each. Now instead of selling the plants I make natural dyes out of them and sell them for 60k ( a little bit more of a profit ) and I can't seem to keep my vendors stocked. I've been thinking about increasing the price due to demand but I haven't, I'm comfortable with the price and my customers seem to be as well. My vendor sells what I get from gardening so orange petals, red leaves, green thorns, seeds of renewal plus some other random things like enchanted apples and enhanced bandages. I turn enough of a profit to keep the vendor up but nothing I will get rich from.

Edit: To answer your question, I typically sold my non-rare decorative plants for 500 each. You may have a hard time selling them at 10k a piece. Also depends on if you have any competition. Take a look at vendor search and see what other people are charging for comparable plants.

Last edited:

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I always thought plants were way underpriced. It takes a loooong time to get 4th gen plants and it takes days to grow a plant and you have to log in on those days. The dyes are even worse for the mats.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
no wonder my plant vendor sells out. i sell my plants for 250 gp. time to raise my prices.