• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

100% Resist Golem

C

Conrad

I was checking out all my stable slots earlier today (10 chars total--I used to trade in pre-trained Frenzied Ostard packs and used every slot I had for storage) to see what I had after having let my accounts go unused for a few years.

What I found was a little surprising--a Golem that I acquired shortly after they were added to the game. I hung onto it thinking I would one day use it to skill up my archery, but opted to hunt for skill gain instead and simply forgot about it. Its been gathering dust in the stables ever since I got it.

Reading around the web, it seems the devs at one point nerfed the poison resist on them down to 99% to thwart un-attended macroers. This one is still at 100%, but still has low wrestling as it was never used for training (One would think this would make it easier to skill up as the wrestling gain be trained up alongside the weapon skill being raised). I tested it (as well as used Animal Lore on it, obviously) and it does indeed still resist all poison damage when shot with a 100% Poison Damage bow.

My question is this--Are people still using these Golems for skill training, and if so, how did the nerf effect the value of these pre-nerf Golems compared to a regular 99% Poison Resist Golem?

:bdh:

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was checking out all my stable slots earlier today (10 chars total--I used to trade in pre-trained Frenzied Ostard packs and used every slot I had for storage) to see what I had after having let my accounts go unused for a few years.

What I found was a little surprising--a Golem that I acquired shortly after they were added to the game. I hung onto it thinking I would one day use it to skill up my archery, but opted to hunt for skill gain instead and simply forgot about it. Its been gathering dust in the stables ever since I got it.

Reading around the web, it seems the devs at one point nerfed the poison resist on them down to 99% to thwart un-attended macroers. This one is still at 100%, but still has low wrestling as it was never used for training (One would think this would make it easier to skill up as the wrestling gain be trained up alongside the weapon skill being raised). I tested it (as well as used Animal Lore on it, obviously) and it does indeed still resist all poison damage when shot with a 100% Poison Damage bow.

My question is this--Are people still using these Golems for skill training, and if so, how did the nerf effect the value of these pre-nerf Golems compared to a regular 99% Poison Resist Golem?

:bdh:
They used to be worth a lot more, but can still fetch a pretty good price for players that don't have spellweaving (or weaver on a 2nd account), or a tamer..

There are arctic ogre lords that have 100% poison resist and you can charm them with spellweaving to be a follower.

SA has a new tamable, Wolf Spiders (Wolf Spider - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia). Those also have 100% poison resist.

C

Conrad

Okies. Thanks!

How about another couple of Golem questions?

1) This Golem's Wrestling skill is sitting at 45.2. I do not remember how I got this Golem, but I am assuming that means it is NOT a GM tinkered Golem, correct?

2) Can this Golem's skills be raised much like those of a tamed pet, via combat? If not, this Golem isn't a very good choice for skill gains, is it?